FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sig Space Selling...

Mr Smith
Howdy...

Quote:
As of now, it is forbidden to resell things that are available for free on the internet.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-15864.html

Therefore, why is signature space allowed to be sold?

- Free
- Anybody can get it themselves
- No better, or worse than saying "I will upload your pic at imageshack for 20 frih$..."

I reckon this shouldn't be allowed, or to be a donation.

~ Smith ~
Scorpio
You gone cuckoo, Mr Smith?

Quote:

I didnt understand the second part of the sentence,

Care to explain?
Bockman
Mr Smith wrote:
Howdy...

Quote:
As of now, it is forbidden to resell things that are available for free on the internet.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-15864.html

Therefore, why is signature space allowed to be sold?

- Free
- Anybody can get it themselves
- No better, or worse than saying "I will upload your pic at imageshack for 20 frih$..."

~ Smith ~

Actually m8, you can't get your advertisement on another users signature yourself.
It's pretty much the same as having your site publicized on a webpage. you have to pay for it. when you have an active user (scorpio or n0ob would be a good example) "selling" his sig spacve, you know your ad will appear on a lot of topics and will have hundreds of views.
Some people rather pay for an ad on one of this users space than to (try and) be as active as them.

As for the pic at imageshack, not really a good example.

Be Well Cool
Mr Smith
scorpio wrote:

Quote:

Care to explain?

I mean...

For you to not be obligated to actually pay to have your advertisment elsewhere, so people just do it as a nice thing.

As for bock...

The thing is, it is something that costs nothing for the user to do, and then they get paid for it. I know this is like any sort of advertising, but if you want to play the game properly you need to play by the rules, and I reckon this should fall under it.

And sorry, I'm not your mate :p

Be well 8)
rajhank
Hey Smith Enable ur smilies atleast.Check the post u made, if u did not understand what i mean.
Hogwarts
Mr Smith wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Quote:

Care to explain?

I mean...

For you to not be obligated to actually pay to have your advertisment elsewhere, so people just do it as a nice thing.

As for bock...

The thing is, it is something that costs nothing for the user to do, and then they get paid for it. I know this is like any sort of advertising, but if you want to play the game properly you need to play by the rules, and I reckon this should fall under it.

Be well Cool

Frih$ are free too... People are not paying actual money either and people can get frih$ easy too. It encourages high quality posting to get a large amount of frih$ so people can spend it.

It's like people selling banners - Technically, they are not really getting paid for it because it is only virtual money and won't really help them in life, will it?

Pretty much, people are doing this for free because you are not spending anything (As far as I am concerened, frih$ don't count for much..).
Scorpio
Hogwarts wrote:
Mr Smith wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Quote:

Care to explain?

I mean...

As for bock...

Be well Cool

Frih$ are free too... People are not paying actual money either and people can get frih$ easy too. It encourages high quality posting to get a large amount of frih$ so people can spend it.

It's like people selling banners - Technically, they are not really getting paid for it because it is only virtual money and won't really help them in life, will it?

Pretty much, people are doing this for free because you are not spending anything (As far as I am concerened, frih$ don't count for much..).

You reflect my thoughts Hogwarts.

Since they are worth nothing as well, then it means the user is doing it for free(as you want it to be)

There aint nothing wrong with it
Mr Smith
If that is the case scoripi, then why are there many other things banned from being sold?
Scorpio
Mr Smith wrote:
If that is the case scoripi, then why are there many other things banned from being sold?

Why the hell do you ask me mrs smut, ask the admins
mathiaus
The rules mean that the user could do themselfs for free. This rules was created mainly for the release of the free .be domains which were released. People were charging to register them when they could've done it themselfs.
No-one can place an advert in another users signature for free so they are allowed Smile
Scorpio
mathiaus wrote:
The rules mean that the user could do themselfs for free. This rules was created mainly for the release of the free .be domains which were released. People were charging to register them when they could've done it themselfs.
No-one can place an advert in another users signature for free so they are allowed Smile

Then I would request you to lock it as Mr Smith is probably going to come up with another wise crack method for this and continue to argue