FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Media Player 11 beta

Hogwarts
Quote:
Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP offers you unmatched choice and flexibility for your digital media. You can easily manage your libraries of digital music, photos, and video on your computer; explore a new world of music through the integrated URGE music service; and connect with mobile devices so you can have your digital media collection wherever you want it. Windows Media Player 11 is designed to work with all versions of Windows XP Service Pack 2 including Windows XP Home Edition N and Windows XP Professional N.

Windows media player 11 beta is out! Who likes/uses it/didn't know about it/prefers winamp etc?

I think it is pretty good but I am still going to use winamp for internet TV. What do you think?

EDIT:
Just to make it easier, I'm copying Helios' screenshots to put up the top because they are so good Razz
Quote:
The "Now Playing" screen:

The Library layout:
Helios
I like it pretty much Very Happy

Very comfy library arrangement.

TV costs money Sad
Talk2Tom11
I like this version of wmp better then the previous ones... but i still don't prefer wmp over other players.

I would recommend Jetaudio. It is the best player that i have found. It plays m4a files which nothing else plays except itunes... but itunes uses up soo much ram. Not worth losing the ram just to play music. JetAudio is small and powerful.... also has a nice feature that lets it minimize to nothing.
Hogwarts
Just found this.. http://www.wmplugins.com/. Bunch of wmp plugins for wmp 10. Woot!
Rustyk1
I must admit that I do use WMP. I used 10 for atleast a year and now I've made the move to 11. I spend a lot of time listening to music so it does make quite a large difference. Overall, I would say that 11 is an improvement over 10, it certainly looks prettier, it puts pictures etc in your library and the library is better organised. I also love the new search, very fast and useful.

However, I do have some issues with it. They've (for no apparant reason) removed the ability to merge albums which is intensely annoying as it sometimes splits up albums for no reasons, oooh that makes me mad. Also, when scrolling through the media library it sometimes 'sticks' a little.

Anyway, I guess it's only a beta so maybe they'll work out these flaws.
dino_kong
in fact, i am waiting vista. i have used that. it is perfect!![/b]
e-webz
i also used it,i think is better then the old one.it is prettier then the other
immortal
How is Windows media player 11? is the same like WMP 10?
Helios
Some screenshots I've taken from my Windows machine:

The "Now Playing" screen:

The Library layout:

(I haven't added any of my songs yet. Just formatted the HDD yesterday Razz )
HL9881
The skin of WMP 11 did not give me big suprise.
The quallity of the voice by using WMP 11 seems didn't have much inplove.

I gonna use WinaMP to listen rap songs~! Laughing
orcaz
I use iTunes as my music library, but use Windows Media for playing individual songs, as the thing I like is that it has SRS WOW Surround.
Simulator
Its, very different.......

I like it to the old one though, I kind went into real player for a while, but now with this release I'm using it more
immortal
I love the skin they are sexy.
achowles
Not a huge fan. The media library seems poorly laid out and why they've done it the way that they have doesn't make much sense. The main skin is very sleek, but it is poorly laid out being centralized, but with all the important stuff to the left.

There are a few bugs, especially when you resize it. You can't easily get back the track listing bar to the right once you've closed it. Some things seem to serve no purpose in it which only adds to the confusion. Plugins fail to work with it.

It also gives you the option of paying for the track you're listening to when playing mp3/ogg files, which seems to suggest that Microsoft think that people who use music files just ripped them off.

It also doesn't seem to have an uninstall option.

Overall it's so poorly thought out that I'm not at all surprised that MS are trying to get their customers to help fix it.

I also don't like how I was railroaded into downloading this version rather than the version 10 that I was originally supposed to be downloading.

I'm sticking with Jet Audio.
caroline
I use iTunes a lot now, but I think the overall design looks nice. They should make the default color white though…
kany
I have upgraded to the windows media player 11 but having good much of a liking to it. It was better with the old media player 10. I don't like its look of black and blue and its file navigation system they have made it yet complex .

PS: Now Microsof is releasing all their software for genuine windows.
IceNinjaa
i like it. its just intuitive for me. i used winamp for a little bit. but i still like WMP. yeah its got its issues but it does what i want it to..
Sickness
I've installed it and it's a much better than media player 10...
Hogwarts
kany wrote:
I have upgraded to the windows media player 11 but having good much of a liking to it. It was better with the old media player 10. I don't like its look of black and blue and its file navigation system they have made it yet complex .

PS: Now Microsof is releasing all their software for genuine windows.

Actually, Microsoft is just hiding the old menu-bar (That's what I'll call it), and it is very simple to access it. In all the new Microsoft programs there is a different type of menu and now all you need to do to access it (Even in IE and Office) is press "Alt".