FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WATERCOLOR

albusa
HELLO, I WANT TO TALK YOU ABOUT WATERCOLORS, OK, LOOK I LIKE THAT TECHNIQUE BECAUSE I THINK IS HARDER THAN OIL PAINT, BECAUSE IN WATERCOLOR YOU CAN NOT MANIPULATE THE PAINTS LIKE IN OIL PAINT.
AND THE EFFECTS ARE MOST IMPACTANT, OR MORE IMPRESSIONIST, I THINK WATERCOLOR IS NOT FOR NOVICES LIKE ALMOST ALL THE PEOPLE HAS THAT ERRONEUS IDEA, LOOK I BRING YOU SOME EXAMPLES OF WATERCOLOR HERE.

Loghete
1. Don't use CAPS!
2. At least read the title of the stickified topic...
Klaw 2
Loghete wrote:
1. Don't use CAPS!
2. At least read the title of the stickified topic...

you didnt tel him what you think about the watersolors, and thats the point of this forum subject, but well...

About the watercolors, i think that they are very good, a lot of detail in the door, nice style nothing wrong with it:

9.5/10
nakoth
Very nice. Great to see some more traditional work aswell.

I specially like the first one.
tefa_taftaf2010
ooooooooooh...

really fantastic

i like them all... particularly the last one ... all is good

feel that they are really ,, express the deep feelings when they been drown ...

really Good soul ..

let me save them .. Smile

r u know ... see deeply to the last one ,, i see faces of man and women close to each other... or i can see two roses on a brown table (in the lower part)
... and a sea and sand ...... just concentrate all ur mind on the picture ,,, u will see more things than me ...

before the last one ... A two turkey fighting together... or
one of them has a part of a man face ... !!!

and the second one has a lot of details .. many faces and many houses & buildings..

just looking ..
Legalnonresident
nice- i like the 2nd one to the bottom
Annush_K
Indeed, watercolour is much more difficult to work with, and , the technique on these just amazes me.
noliver
Yup, I agree, watercolors are way more difficult because you even have to consider which paper you are working on. Nice Pictures !
Kashinilaya
Excellent work! Do you paint often. My grandmother, who used to paint when she was alive, also told me that watercolor was more difficult. Her paintings are as amazing as the first painting you showed.
Tumbleweed
Great pictures.....you are really talented......... I wouldnt say water colour is a harder medium than other types of paint , oils and acrylics can be thinned and goache can be thickened (or at least not thinned )to create what consistancy you require......At first glance ( and I know the picture is small on the web) I would have guessed the first picture was painted in acrylic
KSheriff
Having experience with a lot of paint mediums, I would never say that watercolour is more difficult than oil. The two paints require totally different skill sets. The paints behave very differently properties and they're applied to very different materials. Watercolour can be a little less forgiving, because you can't really make colour corrections, or lighten a dark area, but it's still not any more difficult.

That said, I like working with water colours over any other paint, hands down.
joxang
Quote:
AND THE EFFECTS ARE MOST IMPACTANT, OR MORE IMPRESSIONIST, I THINK WATERCOLOR IS NOT FOR NOVICES LIKE ALMOST ALL THE PEOPLE HAS THAT ERRONEUS IDEA, LOOK I BRING YOU SOME EXAMPLES OF WATERCOLOR HERE.

yeh eh...I don't think he actually painted them Neutral.

edit: and is the 2nd one down a watercolour?!
kaikou
joxang wrote:
Quote:

yeh eh...I don't think he actually painted them Neutral.

edit: and is the 2nd one down a watercolour?!

I don't think he painted them either. Exclamation
Hanpusu-kun
JESUS, those pics were awesome!
pandmatrix
very nice paintings...( if he drawn them actually).. indeed..

i like the first one though.. others r nice too.. but the first one is really good..
pandmatrix
OH MY GOD....my points r negative i have to be active...i will be....LOL