FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Running for president in 2016

systemicerror
I have recently decided to start my preperations to be President in 2016. But I won't fill up this site with tons of advertisements or anything of that nature. This is half for fun, half serious but I will turn 35 for that election makeing me able to run for it. But I need a platform to run on. That brings me to the main subject of this thread. I didn't quite feel it was worthy of world news yet. Maybe in 10 years it can be upgraded.
But I wanted to know what issues do you want resolved in 2016. What qualities do you think a president would need. If I ran as an independent does that mean you wouldn't vote for me because it would be a wasted vote? Should I sell my soul to the republicans or democrats? Twisted Evil Should I avoid any issues or tackle them head on and be devisive but strong. Any advise that would help me prepare for this?
As your future Emp.. umm Rolling Eyes President I am interested in what you are looking for in your leader.
bluffmango
good luk for the elections then.... B good to the world i guess not like Mr BUsh
intekmdma
may I ask what party you are running for that way we can begin the procedure of what to give you as in information. It'll be just bad if you were a democrat and we're asking you to say "increase war efforts".
ocalhoun
What exactly are your qualifications on the subject? Do you have any legal/government experience? Do you have scads of money to waste?
If you answer a definitive yes to both of those questions, then you might have a chance. Really, a platform to campaign on is the least of your worries. All the same, if you don't already have a strong opinion on your beliefs, why do you want such power?
alkady
Well, At 35 that would make you one of the youngest Head of State. First I think your a million steps ahead of yourself because first of all you need a party unless your going to be an independent. Second youll need alot of support.

In a Democracy you are elected by popularity and not by saying youll solve a problem. Also you dont have money to back your campaign and you certainly dont have forbe 500 CEO's to back you up.

Most Head of States where successful Businessmans with contacts with big time CEO's. You are still not there.

So my suggestion is establish yourself first.
intekmdma
alkady wrote:
Well, At 35 that would make you one of the youngest Head of State. First I think your a million steps ahead of yourself because first of all you need a party unless your going to be an independent. Second youll need alot of support.

In a Democracy you are elected by popularity and not by saying youll solve a problem. Also you dont have money to back your campaign and you certainly dont have forbe 500 CEO's to back you up.

Most Head of States where successful Businessmans with contacts with big time CEO's. You are still not there.

So my suggestion is establish yourself first.

exactly! you'll need the "hook-up" as well. The more friends you have the better the odds!
TurkishGamer
Unless you like phone tapping, bombing middle eastern countries, using the media to discriminate races, or using the media and other weapon power to plot the so called "terrorist" attacks on you own country just to gain more money, power and limitations on American freedom, you aren't going to get much support.
alkady
Thats right, Lets take for example Belinda Stronach, She is the Daughter of Frank Stronach of Magna International, Which is a company worth billions. She campaigned to take leadership of the Conservative Party in Canada. C'mon she had more rich friends than Steven Harper will ever have. She is friends with Bill Clinton, Brian Mulroney and a hell of alot of important figures. Her father is friends with hundreds of rich businessmans, Has a hell of alot of employees and so on. She is considered one of the richest politicians in Canadian History, But yet she couldnt win to Steven Harper who was just some typical guy who for most of his life lived as some average joe earning a average joe wage. The guy isnt the type of big time politician who earns extra money off investments.

Know why she couldnt win? Because she had a horrible image, She is the Canadian Equivalent of Paris Hilton. Except less snobby.

If you intend to get into politics, Your going to need friends, But not just friends, Youll need a good image and good track record. Your friends will support you for special treatment, But people out there arent going to elect you for solving problems.

In politics there is no such thing as solving problems, There only creating problems for the next generation of politicians who will clean after your mess.

Take Bush's Tax Breaks, With the High Cost of War in Iraq and the Huge Deficit, How can you afford a Tax Break?
Kd527
Probably the most important issue to me is pro-life. I'll only vote for someone who's pro-life. And no changing side in issues like John Kerry did. Rolling Eyes
Bondings
ocalhoun wrote:
What exactly are your qualifications on the subject?

Meaning either be an actor or having a president in your family?
LukeakaDanish
Bondings wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
What exactly are your qualifications on the subject?

Meaning either be an actor or having a president in your family?

Haha Very Happy lol good one Razz

The funny thing is that a danish comedian became mayor of denmarks second biggest city by promising stuff like "head wind on cycle tracks" Very Happy

- my point is that this stuff isnt just american - the whole worlds friggn retarded at times Rolling Eyes
Kd527
lol yeah I could agree with that sometimes too.
venc
I have a great suggestion-dont be like bush, or his dumbwad dad. also, if there is another storm like katrina, make sure the relieve efforts are there within 3 days, unlike bush, who took a week+. also, make medicare affordable! many people in this nation will be broke in 2016 just from paying for medicare! one final thing, dont make promises you cant keep.
-Venc
(ps, I am below 15 years old and above ten ( I cant say my real age) and I know all this stuff! LOL! I watch the news way to much....
Bondings
LukeakaDanish wrote:
my point is that this stuff isnt just american - the whole worlds friggn retarded at times Rolling Eyes

Oh yeah, it's just that the topic is about becoming an American president. We have our own share of famous people in politics too in Belgium. I suppose it happens (or will happen) in most countires.
novisdesign
How could we know what problems the world would have in 2016? All we can talk about here are current problems and for all we know the problems may be non-existent.

Good Luck Though
GS - ND
Subsonic Sound
Kd527 wrote:
And no changing side in issues like John Kerry did. Rolling Eyes

I'm not American, and don't follow American politics enough to know the background to this comment - but in general, deciding on an issue and then being totally pigheadedly blind to any new emerging evidence or facts is a BAD trait.

Situations change, and so policies must change also.