FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

nature that speaks to you

whatif
I think that anyone to whom nature does not speak must be extremely cold-blooded. However, not to everyone do the same parts of nature speak.
For example, I do not see beauty in flowers many other calm parts of nature. However, I do not know of anything more wonderful than a thunderstorm at night, feeling so small among the power of it. I would not write a poem about sunset, however seeing a large red sun on the horizon does speak to me. It is not more beautiful that a full, large moon, with the craters clearly visible on a black sky. A small, or new, bright moon I find ugly.
My point being, what part of nature speaks to you?
I believe one can learn a lot about a person just by knowing this.
Jack_Hammer
Nature does not speak to me, nor am I extremely cold blooded.
Wink
skullflower
I know it's cliche. But rain! I've always loved rain, although my reasons must remain secret. Muahahaa. Okay, okay, I actually like rain because I think it's very romantic. It always gets me excited. In every way. *laughs madly* No, I'm just joking. Thunderstorms are almost the same for me, but don't have the same powerful impact. Considering standing in a thunderstorm isn't the wisest choice.
Vrythramax
I live right on the coast, only a few blocks from a beach, and at night when I can't sleep I love to go down and just watch the water.

I don't know if nature is speaking to me in anyway, possibly it is and I just dont understand what it is saying....but I sure find it relaxing and enjoyable Smile
whatif
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Nature does not speak to me, nor am I extremely cold blooded.
Wink

Or so you think. Razz

skullflower wrote:
Thunderstorms are almost the same for me, but don't have the same powerful impact. Considering standing in a thunderstorm isn't the wisest choice.

When I wrote the original post I was trying to decide whether I like standing outside in a thunderstorm. But I think what I like most is being inside, all cozy, with all the power, thunder and lightening, outside.

Vrythramax wrote:
I don't know if nature is speaking to me in anyway, possibly it is and I just dont understand what it is saying....but I sure find it relaxing and enjoyable Smile

Smile
Or sharing my bad mood...

Another thing I really like, perhaps the most, is large trees swishing and shaking in the wind. I can just sit at my window and stare and listen for quite some time.
And I don't consider myself a nature person...
HoboPelican
Good Question, bro.

Most of what speaks to me is water. The ocean beating on rocks at night. A creek burbling over rocks. A rainstorm. A thunderstorm (awesome). The soft "hwush" of my paddle on a calm night on the gulf.

It's funny that so much of what I love is water-oriented when my second greatest love is the desert. Confused
riv
The sky. The vast expanse of almost nothingness. Staring at the nothingness amuses me in a strange way. I can sit down and look at the clouds, stare at the colours, and watch the sun setting or rising for a long time. Although I have no wish to be in the skys, nor do I have much interest in space.
coolclay
God speaks to me through nature in everything. The immense beauty of his perfect creation just amazes me everytime I experience it. I enjoy nature so much I once decided to go on a week long survival/isolation journey in the woods. You can see more info about that "fun" journey here http://www.coolclay.info/survivaljourney.htm. I ended up eating lots of insects and wild animals, and other crazy stuff, check out the site for more info.
Vrythramax
After re-reading my original reply....I guess nature does speak to me in a fashion. It calms me, has the ability to change my mood, and generally makes me happy....so I suppose it is speaking to me....I just never realized it before.
area547
a part of one of the cadences we sing goes a little something like this:

When I go home
my friends they will say
How did you earn your living
How did you earn your pay
And I reply with a cool kindof tone
I earn my living in a surf zone.

For me there is nothing quite like the beach. I've had some of my greatest moments on the beach. If you can mentally concentrate on the waves, that sound is just so powerful and relaxing.
Oh and as far as romantic goes.. try spending a night with that special someone ontop of a world war II bunker in France. Wink
whatif
HoboPelican wrote:
It's funny that so much of what I love is water-oriented when my second greatest love is the desert. Confused

The desert was the one thing that I forgot to put into my post. There is nothing like to color, angles, sand, etc. With sand I mean the look of it, not it getting into my shoes. Smile