FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Issue uploading SQL database.

Mannix
I'm attempting to move my clan's forum from our former location to frihost, but the uncompressed SQL file phpMyAdmin dumped is over the 5 meg limit, and when I compress it and try to upload it I get this error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5397824 bytes) in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-2.6.4-pl4/libraries/read_dump.lib.php on line 91.

Thanks in advance.
wumingsden
Mannix wrote:
I'm attempting to move my clan's forum from our former location to frihost, but the uncompressed SQL file phpMyAdmin dumped is over the 5 meg limit, and when I compress it and try to upload it I get this error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5397824 bytes) in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-2.6.4-pl4/libraries/read_dump.lib.php on line 91.

Thanks in advance.

Try http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php I personally split large .sql files into numerous small ones but bigdum may be easier
Mannix
kinda confused... but it looks like it'll work.
Mannix
Update, it kept giving my syntax errors. Instead I copy pasted all the instructions manually. Took like 20 mins for the whole 5.7 megs(as opposed to 3 hours trying to tweak the syntax).
wumingsden
Mannix wrote:
Update, it kept giving my syntax errors. Instead I copy pasted all the instructions manually. Took like 20 mins for the whole 5.7 megs(as opposed to 3 hours trying to tweak the syntax).

That is also the way I do it, it may take longer but its more efficient. Do you have any other questions that you'll like to ask ? or do you wish for this topic to be locked ?