FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What are your views on MDG Computers?

alkady
Okay this is a Canadian Company, But if you want to comment, Then be my guess.

Anyhow, I've been hearing all of these stories of how horrible MDG's customer support, About their pratice, Warranty ect.

What do you think? Is this true? Perhaps you have a story about your experience with them you like to share?
phileplanet
I never really bought anything from MDG. I bought my last computer used at Factory Direct and it works decently.

I've seen people with MDG computers though and they seem to work well.

Customer support with computers is usually pretty lousy with any company because if you have a problem, they don't want to assume liability and will probably say it's your faoult.
alkady
phileplanet wrote:
I never really bought anything from MDG. I bought my last computer used at Factory Direct and it works decently.

I've seen people with MDG computers though and they seem to work well.

Customer support with computers is usually pretty lousy with any company because if you have a problem, they don't want to assume liability and will probably say it's your faoult.

I noticed that, I read the Warranty on the MDG web site and there is this clause that states:

Quote:
EVEN IF WE KNEW THAT DAMAGE WAS LIKELY OR THE DAMAGE WAS A RESULT OF OUR NEGLIGENCE OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ASSIGNEES OR REPRESENTATIVES. CUSTOMER AGREES THAT FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, MDG IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AGGREGATE DOLLAR AMOUNT PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE PURCHASE OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.

Now thats makes me think twice before buying from them because it states that they arent liable even if they knew and that it was their fault. I read the Dell, HP ect. Warranty and found none of these clauses.

So it worries me sometimes that I should even trust them because of that clause.