FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sprite vs. 7-Up vs. Sierra Mist

What's better?
Sprite
55%
 55%  [ 16 ]
7-Up
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
Sierra Mist
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 29

william
OK, I've already made a topic for Cola (Coca-Cola vs. Pepsi). Now, what about lemon-lime soft drinks? What do you like better? In the US, you can easily find all three. Though, when I go to other countries, I usually see 7-Up and sometimes Sprite. Sierra Mist is rare.
{name here}
Well, unlike Coca Cola and Pepsi. These all taste the same to me. There seems to be virtually no difference between the three. I wonder why they offer both at some drive throughs.
pokethamage
Sierra Mist and Sprite are kinda samey becuz they are both made by coca cola and are lemon-lime tasted (yeah it's confusing)...7-Up is just not that popular...in the US...or in my neighborhood...w/e...anyways I chose Sierra Mist becuz the name sounds better than Sprite...lol
a.Bird
Is this a joke? Who honestly really cares about this and why? Rolling Eyes
alkady
They're Grrreat! I like Lemon-Lime, Best stuff you can find on the market. Funny thing about the Sprite Lemon-Lime is you can't tell the diferrence between the Ordinary Sprite or the Lemon-Lime Sprite. The only diferrence between both bottles is the Lemon-Lime.

But I like Sprite even if it taste like 7UP, But I never tried the Sierra Mist, I dont know if they even sell it in Canada.
william
pokethamage wrote:
Sierra Mist and Sprite are kinda samey becuz they are both made by coca cola and are lemon-lime tasted (yeah it's confusing)...7-Up is just not that popular...in the US...or in my neighborhood...w/e...anyways I chose Sierra Mist becuz the name sounds better than Sprite...lol

Isn't Sierra Mist made by Pepsi?
Jack_Hammer
Spirte (Part of the Coca Cola company and Coca Cola is bad)
7-up is nice
Never heard of the last one.
Vrythramax
I prefer Coke, but as for the other choices I would pick Sprite...no particular reason....just like the taste that's all.
skullflower
Wait... Wait, wait, wait, wait! Are you meaning to tell me they are not in-fact the same soda? I could have sworn someone just misplaced the labels.. Dang these multi-million dollar corporations and there dirty tricks! Blast them I say!
Traveller
To me, they are quite discernibly different. Even in a blindfolded (a few of us actually tried this once) test, I could correctly identify the Coke vs. Pepsi products every time.

Interestingly, over the years, when I have tried different soft drinks from the big two (without knowing, beforehand, from which), I have always preferred the Coke creations over the Pepsi creations.

In this poll, however, my preference is for 7-Up which, although bottled by Pepsi in many parts of the world, really is a separate product of Cadbury/Schweppes (who also have Dr. Pepper, A&W, RC Cola, and Canada Dry, among others).

Edit: To me, 7-up has the most lemon/lime taste, Sierra Mist is mostly just sweet, and Sprite is more watery.
driftingfe3s
They are all pretty good. I use to love sprite more than all of them. But I had drank so much of it that it I started to dislike it. Now I think I like 7-up the best.
tribe
To me, I can't tell the difference between any of them, but since I like Coke over Pepsi, I like Sprite over all 3..... but ya how can you tell the difference between that?
izimngcubes15
To me, I like Sprite better, it got the taste. 7up and Sierra Mist can just be thrown away, ick.
intekmdma
Sprite is probably choosen more because it is more widely avaliable. (well... i chose it too!) but also there's a difference in taste (even though they say "its both the same")
ocalhoun
I shun sierra mist because it so obviously copies mountain dew.
Even the name is only so different as to avoid lawsuits:
Sierra -- Mountain
Mist -- Dew
Traveller
ocalhoun wrote:
Sierra -- Mountain
Mist -- Dew

Whom would they sue? Themselves? Mountain Dew and Sierra Mist are both Pepsi products.

In addition, they don't taste anything alike, and Mountain Dew is loaded with caffeine, while Sierra Mist has none.
Soulfire
While I like the occasional Sprite, I like Serra Mist's overall taste (especially like the diet, sugar-free, caffeine free stuff. For some odd reason, it tastes better).

But what can I say? I'm just a Pepsi kid! Umm, nevermind the fact that my father works for Pepsi. (Shh, you didn't hear from me).

*Disappears*
edallica
its a hard one. i think sprite is a bit too sweet for me, 7up has that little kick to it that sprite just lacks. recently i've thought that sprite tstes like slightly watered down syrup! does anyone else think that?
HoboPelican
Of the choices, Sierra Mist by a slight margin...But...

Squirt!

dang,that is much better than the three listed....for me Wink
ignition
screw all that vault > *
Pensuke
Well, I find that 7Up seems a little watery. Sprite and Sierra Mist seems to have more depth and is more fizzier, in my opinion.

But it's really kind of hard to tell unless I had them all at once.
TeenZine
Sierra Mist is better for tast as the person above me mentions phisses in your mouth I usualy perfer it unless im sick then I always have 7-up since it helps clear my throute,.
gh0stface
I myself perfer 7-Up more then the above mentioned. I guess mainly because it's not as sweet.

Is it weird that I like drinking the 7-Up, Sierra Mist, and Sprite flat?
alkady
ocalhoun wrote:
Sierra -- Mountain
Mist -- Dew

I never tried it, But I thought it would taste like 7 UP or Sprite. Good to know that.
{name here}
HoboPelican wrote:
Of the choices, Sierra Mist by a slight margin...But...

Squirt!

dang,that is much better than the three listed....for me Wink

Squirt is pretty good. It definately has a destinct taste unlike the ones listed above. Although I think it tastes a bit like Fresca.
william
gh0stface wrote:
I myself perfer 7-Up more then the above mentioned. I guess mainly because it's not as sweet.

Is it weird that I like drinking the 7-Up, Sierra Mist, and Sprite flat?

Not really. I actually like drinking cold Sprite flat, sometimes. Depends on my mood.
mceejaydee
Whatever is available but when all three are available its Eenie Meenie Miney Moe time. Personally I think Sprite and 7-Up taste exactly the same but Sierra Mist is less fizzy.
DeFwh
Make 7Uo yours. Anyways both measure up!
NG
its gota be sprite i hate 7-up Smile
photon
i avoid areated drinks wherever possible. but sticking to the topic, i like sprite. although ive never felt any difference between that and 7up
maopis
For years I would only drink Sprite, and then I went to resturant that only had the off-brands and variations... When I drank my "Spite", I was surprised because it tasted so much different than I last remembered. It had more flavor to it. Well on my way to the restroom, I noticed that the only clear soda they had was 7-Up. So that is my new favorite. When they came out with Sierra Mist, I only drank it because of the funny commercials, or if they didn't have Sprite or 7-Up.

Laughing
nazty
Go Coca-cola Products!
Em_de_Tech
I think that Sprite is kind of a boring drink ( Same with 7-up) no offense though... Sierra Mist seems like it doesn't belong there... But i like it better than all other forms of green soda... Actually i like Mountain Dew the most but it wasn't part of the survey so i couldn't choose it. Laughing I still like Coke the best though....
lors
I prefer Sprite, and diet Sprite is my favorite diet soda, it tastes almost like regular.
DeFwh
Em_de_Tech wrote:
I think that Sprite is kind of a boring drink ( Same with 7-up) no offense though... Sierra Mist seems like it doesn't belong there... But i like it better than all other forms of green soda... Actually i like Mountain Dew the most but it wasn't part of the survey so i couldn't choose it. Laughing I still like Coke the best though....

Sprite and 7up arent green they are clear, unless your talking about the can. The only other soda besides mountain dew thats green is Green Mountain Soda or that variation of slice.
38club
william wrote:
OK, I've already made a topic for Cola (Coca-Cola vs. Pepsi). Now, what about lemon-lime soft drinks? What do you like better? In the US, you can easily find all three. Though, when I go to other countries, I usually see 7-Up and sometimes Sprite. Sierra Mist is rare.

I like to drink 7-up
OutlawSpirit
william wrote:

never heard of sierra mist... and im in the UK... i prefer Sprite over 7-Up it tastes more sweet tastin than 7-up
QrafTee
7-Up is the best no questions about it. I like Sprite and I will drink Sierra Mist if the other two aren't there, but the 100% Lemon Limeness of 7-Up beats out the other two. I like how Sprite is totally changing their ads to an anti-7-Up ad where it is more hardcore and "built like a machine" (keg) while 7-Up is 100% Natural and fresh.
william wrote:
GProject
Sprite rules over all these other puny drinks! But I'm biased since Sprite is actually my favourite soft drink - refreshing & delicious, you can't get better than that!
william
Some people haven't heard of Sierra Mist. I wonder what the availability of Sierra Mist is in other countries.
Hammy
These arnt sort drinks by the way.. their fizzy drinks arnt they.
and i remember likeing 7-up when i went to malaysia.. so yer lol..i choose that.
Kaisonic
I gotta go with Sprite. Even though I generally prefer Pepsi products over Coke, I still think Sprite is better. Then I'd go with Sierra Mist. 7-up would be my last resort.
tik0
I love sprite, altought it taste like 7 up, but sprite has it, i dunno, sprite FTW Smile
eku53ru
I grew up on (diluted) Sprite, and I still drink it now. However, 7-Up was also a favorite of mine when I was little, too. It's interesting that they've launched this "all-natural" ingredients thing - it makes it sound healthier to drink. I'm afraid to say that I haven't tried Sierra Mist (or if I did, I don't recall it), so I don't have much of an opinion over it.
Becky
Sprite, because i see it more in the shops. And i think the advert for it in the UK is funny Laughing . I havent seen 7up as often as i used to in the shops recently...and the other one i have never heard of Cool
william
I never expected Sierra Mist to lose. Since it has slightly more sugar, I did expect it to receive more votes. But, it seems that Sierra Mist hasn't spread throughout the world, yet.