FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

u should listen 2 heavey metal

rocksta
dude u lot should listen 2 heavy rock or something it is the best explains y life is crap and stuff
it is just great dont no y.
achene
lool. What i silly topic. hehe.
Anyways i listen to heavy metal because i find the music good. Im mostly into powermetal but i can listen to almost all metal genres - i just dont like black metal since im a christian Wink
I like some death metal like in flames, dark tranquility but i still prefer other types of metal.
Some of my favorite powermetal bands are Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Sabaton, Angra, Symphony X etc. I also like bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, in flames and so on.

Of cause i can listen to other genres of music as well. I just don't like rap, techno or pop. I must admit that i hate rap the most since I find it way to monotome and boring. The lyrics are often very bad and kinda childish, and the style itself is just not appealing to me.
I play music in a heavy metal band as well so it might be obvious that i like metal.
vexation
When I saw the title of this thread, I knew it would be someone trying to convince readers that metal is the best music ever with little backing. The bad spelling/grammar hints towards this being a joke thread. If this is, then stop while you're ahead and don't reply. If not, then learn to spell.

You never tell someone to listen to a certain style of music because it is the "best". First of all "metal" and "heavy rock" are not the same thing. Second, although I do listen to some metal, all metal is not the "best". And, most metal/heavy rock does NOT "explain why life is crap". Some does, but there is no one genre where artists/bands explain why life is not going so great. You'll find that in any genre of music...people "singing" about life's ups/downs.
Scott
I don't really enjoy metal. I'd rather be happy, not angry.

Allweareisair
There is happy metal.

Like Van Halen. Early Van Halen is for crusin in a convertible with your long blond hair blowin in the wind behind you. And singing along.

Possibly dancing, though that is hard while crusin in a convertible, one admits.
skullflower
Laughing Woah jeez, this guy is hilarious! It almost made me burst into random fits of laughter when I read his post. I have nothing against metal, but phew, this guy really needs to go to school once and a while.

On subject now...

I don't listen to 'metal metal'. I listen to music close to metal. Such as The Fall of Troy, Norma Jean, Fear Before, and other bands like that. These usually qualify as Hardcore-Metal. Because having hardcore before metal means they are obviously more talented. Rolling Eyes I don't really enjoy orginial metal though, their vocals are generally to low for me to like. *shrugs* Plus the music I listen to makes me happier inside. See, metal doesn't have to make you sad and depressed. The Fall of Troy always makes me want to thrash around in happiness, Surprised
anxiety1
silly post man. people listen to what they want!

i bet if everyone listened to metal you wouldnt like it anymore.

Skull flower couldnt agree with your post more man

fall of troy and norma jean are brillant! how about Sikth?
skullflower
Very Happy Yes, of course Sikth as well. I'm listening to Such the Fool at the moment. ^_^.
tingkagol
rocksta wrote:
dude u lot should listen 2 heavy rock or something it is the best explains y life is crap and stuff

you can't even explain yourself.
jmudreamscape
rocksta wrote:

Now, country...that tells why life is crap.

I'm joking. Listening to country usually means life is crap.
skullflower
jmudreamscape wrote:

Agreed. If you're listening to country it means you like your cousin, or you like a music genre where everyone in the genre is related somehow. That is why every one of the guy singers in country sound the same.

Tee hee.

I think this topic needs to be closed. The topic started banned for fear he might strike again with a massive dose of stupidity.
vexation
skullflower wrote:
jmudreamscape wrote:

Agreed. If you're listening to country it means you like your cousin, or you like a music genre where everyone in the genre is related somehow. That is why every one of the guy singers in country sound the same.

Tee hee.

I think this topic needs to be closed. The topic started banned for fear he might strike again with a massive dose of stupidity.

everyone in the genre is related somehow

That is the best explanation I've ever heard for why all male country singers sound the same. And that makes perfect sense when marrying cousins is still accepted in certain rural areas(thank god not mine)
hsadmin
rocksta wrote:

Okay.. That's one thing that bothers me. People always say "HEAVY ROCK"..! It's not heavy rock.. it's hard rock, or heavy metal..

It doesen't only sing about life.. People need to listen to the lyrics more..
Tatsumaru
Let people decide for themselves what they want to listen to... it's no use trying to force something upon them if they don't like it.

I used to be into hiphop, but 2 years ago I got bored of it and I actually started despising it. Now I'm into metal and I don't think it'll change again. I still have so many albums to get haha Cool
tingkagol
judging by the way the guy wrote his post, i'd better not listen to the sh** he's been listening to.
Tynerius
lmao "it explains y life is crap"...

Well I for one listen to Extreme Power Metal, which I for one would class as heavy. Last I checked, my favourite band (Dragonforce) did NOT "explain y life is crap" in their lyrics, instead they sang about epic battles of long ago, and of friendship and dragons and rocks and trees and things. This surely has got to be a joke thread.
the_mariska
Quote:

Dude, you should go back to primary school or buy yourself a dictionary. Then, you should start listening only to grindcore or metal core 24/7 at full volume. That will indeed make you realise that life is a crap.

Tatsumaru wrote:

I used to be into hiphop, but 2 years ago I got bored of it and I actually started despising it. Now I'm into metal and I don't think it'll change again. I still have so many albums to get haha Cool

I hope you'll change it. Bordering your music horizons to only one gender of music is senseless. In every kind of music there will be something that you'd love - so why should you avoid it just because it isn't 'metal'? Yeah, I also have so many albums to get.. but with the music of all kind. Wink
soldeinvierno
vexation wrote:
When I saw the title of this thread, I knew it would be someone trying to convince readers that metal is the best music ever with little backing.

That happened to me too! Anyway, let's change the direction of the topic and make it happen. IMHO "metal" is such as wide term that includes so many types of bands that is very easy to find one sub-style that you like.

For those that say "this and that is crap", just leave us alone and enjoy your own music!
soldeinvierno
Allweareisair wrote:
There is happy metal.

If you want European-Power-Happy-Metal try listening to Edguy!! They haven't invented anything but I'm such in a good mood after listening to them.

And of corse, UP THE IRONS!!!
Seth
Metal rules!!!!!
Im more extreme than most..but my fav metal bands are..
Dying Fetus
Canibal Corpse
Aborted
Death
Obituary
Morbid angel
Lamb of God
Chimaira
Soilwork
Deicide
and many many more...Alot of ppl like to look at ppl like me like im evil and a hate filled person..but none of that is true...ppl who judge b4 they meet ya are worthless...
Andrew426
Im not really a deathmetal fan (Im assuming thats what he means - the most metallic of all metal) theres something about the roaring that just doesnt appeal to me.

The only band I listen to that counts as metal would be metallica.

I only listen to about 3 bands (Metallica, S.O.A.D. and KISS)
achowles
Way ahead of you. My favourite bands include:
Fear Factory
Sybreed
Turmion Kätilöt
White/Rob Zombie
The Kovenant
Soilwork
Rammstein

I'm mostly into industrial & melodic death metal, although I like most forms of metal.
Timothysm
I'm into:
In flames
Dark Tranquility
Soilwork
Kamelot
Sonata Arctica
Hammerfall
Lordi
and more. I seem to be more into Melodic Death Metal, but I do like power metal and such.
blackheart
the_mariska wrote:

Tatsumaru wrote:

I hope you'll change it. Bordering your music horizons to only one gender of music is senseless. In every kind of music there will be something that you'd love - so why should you avoid it just because it isn't 'metal'? Yeah, I also have so many albums to get.. but with the music of all kind. Wink

He said he was "into" hiphop and then "into" metal. This does not imply that he solely listens to metal, simply that he has a preference. .. and metl is an incredibly broad genre with many subs.

I.e. - I'm into punk/ska/reggae/classic rock/etc, how-ever still enjoy listening to tracy chapman and frank sinatra. I also have a verbally inexplicable dislike for "pop" music.
hsadmin
rocksta wrote:

----------------------
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

[Chorus:]
Can't you help me as I'm startin' to burn (all alone).
Too many doses and I'm starting to get an attraction.
My confidence is leaving me on my own (all alone).
No one can save me and you know I don't want the attention.

As I adjust to my new sights the rarely tired lights will take me to new heights.
My hand is on the trigger I'm ready to ignite.
Tomorrow might not make it but everything's all right.
Mental fiction, follow me; show me what it's like to be set free.

[Chorus]

So sorry you're not here I've been sane too long my vision's so unclear.
Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem.

Caught here in a fiery blaze, won't lose my will to stay.
These eyes won't see the same, after I flip today

----------

Know what that HEAVY METAL song talks about? it's about a guy doin drugs by himself, then his friends join in, and he's havin a bad trip ( when you start seeing things from to many drugs ), and he's sayin about how he's starting to leave reality. And talking about how he know why he wants to live, and not die. Not reasons.. Just about how life it good..

Now, how does that talk about how life is crap? The dude likes drugs.. So... Why is his life crap?
joshumu
I need music with a message and metal usualy falls short on that. At least a message i can audiby understand or relate to.
Slicey
As far as metal goes, Iron Maiden aremy favourite, with Metallica after that. I don't really enjoy the heavier stuff, where you can barely make out what the hell they are actually saying.

Quote:
I need music with a message and metal usualy falls short on that. At least a message i can audiby understand or relate to.
Seriously, if you haven't heard Iron Maiden, give it a try. I hated metal until I heard them. I would reccomend listening to 'Age of Innocence', my favourite Maiden song.
RhysAndrews
I only like metal if it's done professionally. Bands like Slipknot, I don't like; because they get 16,000 instruments and play it as fast as they can. Bands like Symphony X, Dream Theater, Masterplan, Thunderstone, and some System of a Down; I DO love.

-Rhys
floyd7rose
this is the stupidest topic ever. Metal isnt depressing at all. There are many subgenres of it aswell, so its preposterous to use the wholesome 'Metal' word when decribing the event or attitude of it.
ddukki
The only Heavy Metal song I like isn't really Heavy Metal. Listen to Man Made God by In Flames and you'll see what I mean.
twilightmoon
no thx i wann keep my sanity