FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


What's bad in your country. Which should be improved





hellrahul
Hi !
This post is a bit differnt. You need to be a bit truthful here.

Every country has something bad about it which prevent it from developing more and more.

You need to post those points.

Starting from me.

I live in India there are lots of worst point in India which I am listing below.
1. Corruption
2. Population
3. Blind thoughts of old people.

Among above listing 2. Population is the cause of all problem Population of India is growing in such a high pace. Its a havoc.

People need to understand the problem and try to solve it.
scotty
India, three words: One child policy.

Australia:

1. Speed limits are too low.
2. Internet is too slow and too expensive.
3. There are a lot of morons.
ninjakannon
scotty wrote:
India: One child policy.

Isn't that China?

In England one of the major problems is the way kids are taught in schools.

I have whitness to this and have found that it is true that: People these days have to be told to use their initiative. Which doesn't really work.

The way that kids are spoon fed the stuff that they need to know and told everything that they have to do in schools is killing off students power to think for themselfs. This is true and I have noticed the number of students that cannot use their initiative is rising fast. These kids cannot think for themselfs at all.

A little example: I was in an IT lesson at school and I have finished my coursework early; thus the teacher asks me to help out other students. One guy in my class asks "How do I hyperlink this to my newsletter". I showed him (if he had used his initiative he would have found that he could have right clicked and found the option 'hyperlink'). I asked where the document that he wanted to hyperlink to was and I found that his newsletter was in his information point folder and not in pdf format but still unconverted in a .pub file. I told him that he had to get this changed and that he would need to put the pdf file in his e-portfolio folder, because that was what was going to be sent off to the examining board.

(The newsletter, information point and e-portfolio are all things that we had to make in our coursework).

Now I ask: what was wrong with him! Is he totaly stupid? If he had put any thought into the matter the would have found that if he right clicked on the text that he wanted to hyperlink there was an option for it (or perhaps he did, but didn't know how to use it... it's not hard to find out!!!). And did he not think that if he didn't convert the .pub document in to a .pdf document that it whould not be marked because .pub documents were not alowed in the final project. Why did he not read the website that in fact told him that he had to do this, and it told him to put the newsletter in the e-portfolio folder. I'll tell you why, because the teacher didn't tell him to!

This is the major problem in England because this is the next genoration, these people, who cannot think for themselfs, will be the next workforce etc etc.

This country is going to fall becaue of the way students are taught, or rather, spoon fed in schools now.

Prepare for the age of The Lazy and The Unthinking
scotty
ninjakannon wrote:
scotty wrote:
India: One child policy.

Isn't that China?


Yes. I'll edit to make it clear.
ninjakannon
Wink
CyanEyed
he uk:

1) the government
2) racial inequality
3) the government
4) did i mention the govenrment Question Question
ninjakannon
CyanEyed wrote:
he uk:

1) the government
2) racial inequality
3) the government
4) did i mention the govenrment Question Question

I think you missed one out there, CyanEyed.

What about the government? And the way they do almost everything wrong or badly, and the fact that they have no idea about most of the issues of this country and how to acctually solve them.

I'll tell you how to solve the one of the fastest growing problems in England: Youth. Re-introduce the cane and belt/strap (what ever it was for girls) in schools, make it legal to smack parents to smack their children and imploy propper teachers in schools, not ones that cannot teach/control their classes. I have more to say on this but I could write essays if I actually expressed my full opinion.

Oh, by the way, I'm im a student at the moment and I would be the target of being caned if I did something wrong, and I still think that it's a good idea. You know, I've got more than one teacher in my school that cannot control the class and cannot teach, I have some GCSE exams comming up in less than 3 weeks and I have to learn the whole of the chemistry, biology and maths syllabuss'.
tribe
USA
_____
1) Lack of Unity Between Democrats and Republicans.

2) Immigration

3) Tax Rates ???

4) Is Soccer even a sport?

5) Ronaldino WHO?
Jack_Hammer
tribe wrote:
...Is Soccer even a sport?...

Your right I don't think soccer is even a word, where as Football! there's a sport!
ninjakannon
I think you like football, Jack_Hammer. But don't get carried away, that pic is GIGANTIC. Razz

Anyway, isn't this topic meant to be about "something bad about it" (your country) "which prevent it from developing more and more." Question
edallica
hooligans should all be locked up and the key should be thrown away. its a joke that these irritaions on society are allowed to keep doing what they do.
its a joke.
paul_indo
ninjakannon wrote:


I'll tell you how to solve the one of the fastest growing problems in England: Youth. Re-introduce the cane and belt/strap (what ever it was for girls) in schools, make it legal to smack parents to smack their children and imploy propper teachers in schools, not ones that cannot teach/control their classes. I have more to say on this but I could write essays if I actually expressed my full opinion.

Oh, by the way, I'm im a student at the moment and I would be the target of being caned if I did something wrong, and I still think that it's a good idea.


Interesting, when I was at school caning was still normal punishment. I have often said that since it was abolished behavoural problems have increased dramaticaly in schools and in general.
It's interesting to see someone who is still a student that agrees with caning.

It sure never did me any harm, and was a big deterent from misbehaving too much at school.

If the do gooders had a solution that worked maybe I could believe them, but if caning was so bad for children why were we so much better behaved and harder working than most modern youth?
ninjakannon
paul_indo wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:


I'll tell you how to solve the one of the fastest growing problems in England: Youth. Re-introduce the cane and belt/strap (what ever it was for girls) in schools, make it legal to smack parents to smack their children and imploy propper teachers in schools, not ones that cannot teach/control their classes. I have more to say on this but I could write essays if I actually expressed my full opinion.

Oh, by the way, I'm im a student at the moment and I would be the target of being caned if I did something wrong, and I still think that it's a good idea.


Interesting, when I was at school caning was still normal punishment. I have often said that since it was abolished behavoural problems have increased dramaticaly in schools and in general.
It's interesting to see someone who is still a student that agrees with caning.

It sure never did me any harm, and was a big deterent from misbehaving too much at school.

If the do gooders had a solution that worked maybe I could believe them, but if caning was so bad for children why were we so much better behaved and harder working than most modern youth?

I can think of one word that sums up all of what you have said: exactly!

People are so scared of doing something that might affect someone else in some way, especialy when they're a child (or young person).

There is no deterant anymore, detentions don't affect the majority of students - in fact it's normal for them to have a few a week! Teachers cannot do a thing that will make the people in their lesson stop talking and do some work.
I'll tell you what makes people do what they're told, fear. And that really does work.

Of course, I realise that there are problems with re-introducing the cane; for example: people that are continualy caned, but to no avail. And sadistic teachers that would love to cause pain in students.

Well I say that the students that are continualy caned but to no avail shouldn't be in the education system anyway (they should be given some real work to do, something that they would - I'm sure - much rather do). The problem with sending people away to do jobs is that they would not know how to do them. Aprentiships slowly died out after education became compulsary. So now it's almost impossible to get one. Furthermore, if someone was sent for an aprentiship then they employer would know that they were one of the trouble makers. This would probubly be a good thing, on the other hand it could put some people off.

And wouldn't it be good [in a way] to have sadistic teachers that would love to cause pain in students? The students would soon realise that the teacher 'loved' it and make sure that the teacher has absolutly no reason to cane them. And if the teacher did cane students noticably more than would be expected, then an investigation should be carried out.

In the end - against everything - I am totaly in favour of bringing back the cane. I think that this would really be one of the greatest changes this government could bring about. (Not to mention abolishing the law stopping parents from smacking their children (but that's abother matter)). I also believe that the whole school system needs to be totaly re-done.
CyanEyed
ninjakannon wrote:
paul_indo wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:


I'll tell you how to solve the one of the fastest growing problems in England: Youth. Re-introduce the cane and belt/strap (what ever it was for girls) in schools, make it legal to smack parents to smack their children and imploy propper teachers in schools, not ones that cannot teach/control their classes. I have more to say on this but I could write essays if I actually expressed my full opinion.

Oh, by the way, I'm im a student at the moment and I would be the target of being caned if I did something wrong, and I still think that it's a good idea.


Interesting, when I was at school caning was still normal punishment. I have often said that since it was abolished behavoural problems have increased dramaticaly in schools and in general.
It's interesting to see someone who is still a student that agrees with caning.

It sure never did me any harm, and was a big deterent from misbehaving too much at school.

If the do gooders had a solution that worked maybe I could believe them, but if caning was so bad for children why were we so much better behaved and harder working than most modern youth?

I can think of one word that sums up all of what you have said: exactly!

People are so scared of doing something that might affect someone else in some way, especialy when they're a child (or young person).

There is no deterant anymore, detentions don't affect the majority of students - in fact it's normal for them to have a few a week! Teachers cannot do a thing that will make the people in their lesson stop talking and do some work.
I'll tell you what makes people do what they're told, fear. And that really does work.

Of course, I realise that there are problems with re-introducing the cane; for example: people that are continualy caned, but to no avail. And sadistic teachers that would love to cause pain in students.

Well I say that the students that are continualy caned but to no avail shouldn't be in the education system anyway (they should be given some real work to do, something that they would - I'm sure - much rather do). The problem with sending people away to do jobs is that they would not know how to do them. Aprentiships slowly died out after education became compulsary. So now it's almost impossible to get one. Furthermore, if someone was sent for an aprentiship then they employer would know that they were one of the trouble makers. This would probubly be a good thing, on the other hand it could put some people off.

And wouldn't it be good [in a way] to have sadistic teachers that would love to cause pain in students? The students would soon realise that the teacher 'loved' it and make sure that the teacher has absolutly no reason to cane them. And if the teacher did cane students noticably more than would be expected, then an investigation should be carried out.

In the end - against everything - I am totaly in favour of bringing back the cane. I think that this would really be one of the greatest changes this government could bring about. (Not to mention abolishing the law stopping parents from smacking their children (but that's abother matter)). I also believe that the whole school system needs to be totaly re-done.


Fear Should Not Be Used As Motivation.
The Cane Was Abolished 4 A Reason And Should Never Be Brought Back. It Was A Method For, As U Put It, Sadistic Adults Who Want Children To Grow Up The Same Way They Did - But What They Didn't Realise That It Is An Attempt To Play God. To Control A Child's Life When They Should Have The Right Make Their Own Choices. If They Want To Make Mistakes, Let Them - You Learn From Mistakes. And Adult Nowadays Aren't Exactly Sensible Themselves Are They - Adults Are Setting A Negative Inluence On The Youth Of Today And Expect Them Not To Copy. Also There's The Factor That People Grow Up Around Violence - Thefts, Murder, Vandalism And Most Importantly WAR - If The Youth Grow Up Surrounded By Negative Influences How The !?#$@ Do U Expect Them To Behave.

The Most Important Factor In The Way People Behave Is Their Parents. Parents Are The Largest Influencial Role In A Child Life. If Parent Teach Their Children How To Behave Then Thats What They Will Do.

And If U Still Not Convinced, Read This:

Quote:
Although these canes are stingy and leave the miscreant's palms sore and throbbing, some of the more disobedient boys seldom get through a school week without several encounters with the classroom rod.


That Sound Quite Similar To What U Were Saying Bout Detentions, Doesn't It?
ninjakannon
CyanEyed wrote:
Fear Should Not Be Used As Motivation.
The Cane Was Abolished 4 A Reason And Should Never Be Brought Back. It Was A Method For, As U Put It, Sadistic Adults Who Want Children To Grow Up The Same Way They Did - But What They Didn't Realise That It Is An Attempt To Play God. To Control A Child's Life When They Should Have The Right Make Their Own Choices. If They Want To Make Mistakes, Let Them - You Learn From Mistakes. And Adult Nowadays Aren't Exactly Sensible Themselves Are They - Adults Are Setting A Negative Inluence On The Youth Of Today And Expect Them Not To Copy. Also There's The Factor That People Grow Up Around Violence - Thefts, Murder, Vandalism And Most Importantly WAR - If The Youth Grow Up Surrounded By Negative Influences How The Hell Do U Expect Them To Behave.

The Most Important Factor In The Way People Behave Is Thier Parents. Parents Are The Largest Influencial Role In A Child Life. If Parent Teach Thier Children How To Behave Then Thats What They Will Do.

And If U Still Not Convinced, Read This:

Quote:
Although these canes are stingy and leave the miscreant's palms sore and throbbing, some of the more disobedient boys seldom get through a school week without several encounters with the classroom rod.


That Sound Quite Similar To What U Were Saying Bout Detentions, Doesn't It?


The problem is that the kids to make their own choices now. In class they talk constantly, the teacher cannot do anything to stop them (and doesn't even give the dententions anymore because they don't work). This behavoir has put an abroupt end to my learning, I have to do half of it for revision.

Yes, I agree that parents are a great influence on a childs life. But just think about the parents that this days gernoration of teenagers will make. I wonder whether the poliece will be able to keep up in a few years.

Quote:
You Learn From Mistakes

I do, my peers do. But they will only see their mistakes when they realise they can't get a job. Oh, wait, they will get jobs because it's so easy to get good grades these days (in most subjects - by no means all). I've seen it. Some people doing the IT GCSEs that I'm doing will get an A, in fact most people will get an A, and some a B (because my teacher is not sending off results that are less than a B because he wants the school to look good on the league tables). The thing is that I got full marks, and I'm good at IT. I could be imployed by a company that wanted me to make them a flash e-portfolio; I could do this easily and it would be good. If any one else in my school (except one other guy) was asked to do the same, they would not have a clue. In fact I would be suprised if they knew what flash was.

Get my point?

It's not I think that it's good to cane kids. NO, not at all. It's becaue I know that 95% (or more) of students NEED caning. If the cane was introduced then soon 95% (or more) of that 95% (or more) of students would be behaving like 'little angels'.

EDIT: Soon GCSE grades will become almost meaningless, as it is at the moment a grade lower than an A (or maybe B) is totaly useless. If a normal person gets lower than a C then they actually have to be pretty stupid.
izcool
I'm in the USA, there are so many different things that bother me about this country (it's a nice country, but I'm going to keep it a bit clean since this is an open forum).

1.) Gas Prices. I'm a tiny bit relieved because prices went down in my area from $2.98 last week to $2.93 the other day. I have a friend in England and he hounds at me for the price of fuel, as he says it's unbelievable on where he lives. He says that he should be the one complaining, and not me. Almost everyone here complains about the price of gas.

2.) Taxes. I'm a bit disappointed to see that most of my wages are going towards taxes, even when I push in overtime. The other week, I got like $315.00 for my shift plus some overtime. $74.00 of my wages went to the government. (I was supposed to get $390.00 before taxes).

3.) Population. I live around the city of Chicago, and around here, it's very easy to see how it's getting overcrowded very fast. They're building condo's all over the place in the city and charging a fortune for them. Eventually it's going to get so bad that it's even hard to move around. Traffic jams are the worst, sometimes it could be hours before you can get to where you want to go. In my eyes, they're trying to fit as many people as they can in the city.

That's all for now.

- Mike.
meet in rio
Everyone complains about public transport here, but I don't think the trains are that bad.

I'm actually quite happy to be taxed, as long as something worthwhile is done with the money. Similarly, I'm almost proud that we have high gas prices around here. Fix the negative externalities and all that jazz.
ninjakannon
meet in rio wrote:
Everyone complains about public transport here, but I don't think the trains are that bad.

I'm actually quite happy to be taxed, as long as something worthwhile is done with the money. Similarly, I'm almost proud that we have high gas prices around here. Fix the negative externalities and all that jazz.

And where is 'here'?

The thing is that the government doesn't spend the money it gets from taxes on useful things all of the time. For some reason the English government is obsessed with sending its members to other contries to find out how they do things and get a better idea of what to do in England in the future. But how is that gonna help? All it's doing is wasting our taxes on expensive flights arround the world.
meet in rio
ninjakannon wrote:
And where is 'here'?


England. It's in my sig.
ninjakannon
meet in rio wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:
And where is 'here'?


England. It's in my sig.

I read that, but it says: "I'm English", which doesn't mean that you actually live in England. So I wasn't sure Razz
desertwind
In India, Politicians for sure. Filthy mouths!
paul_indo
In Indonesia:

1. corruption

2. Corruption

3. CORRUPTION

In this country EVERYONE in government and the police are totally corrupt, well, 99.9% anyway.

Every dealing you have with a government department means paying some amount of bribe to "smooth" the way.

Oh yes and number 4. CORRUPTION
AdamantMonk
US

Kids are too fat, and stupid

Driving schools have low standards for passing

WELFARE

Social Security

Rich getting richer

Any type of Government assistance

Poor having more kids

Conformity is an act of Rebellion

Nobody walks, everyone drives a Truck or SUV

Drinking and Driving


OK so some of these aren't USA specific, (some of the could just be my little corner of the states) but are problems nontheless.
hack_man_
The main problems with the UAE are the driving, 4 people get killed on the road everyday. The other problem is the corruption, the police, ISP, phones, etc.
HL9881
My country? Um...

I live in Hong Kong but I hate my country, China Laughing

Let me talk with HK.

1) The government : Always do things which is not good for the citizen or the environment( eg. Reclaiming lands to solve the traffic problem )

2) The people : Always don't help the others ( eg. The BUS UNCLE Laughing )

3) .................Many many, don't want to say.

But, I think that HK is a good place to speak. Smile

I can call The China President to go to die, HK is not a part of China... Laughing
ninjakannon
HL9881 wrote:
My country? Um...

I live in Hong Kong but I hate my country, China Laughing

Let me talk with HK.

1) The government : Always do things which is not good for the citizen or the environment( eg. Reclaiming lands to solve the traffic problem )

2) The people : Always don't help the others ( eg. The BUS UNCLE Laughing )

3) .................Many many, don't want to say.

But, I think that HK is a good place to speak. Smile

I can call The China President to go to die, HK is not a part of China... Laughing

What's the BUS UNCLE Question
hack_man_
ninjakannon wrote:
What's the BUS UNCLE Question

A very good question... Confused
solarwind
hellrahul wrote:
Hi !
This post is a bit differnt. You need to be a bit truthful here.

Every country has something bad about it which prevent it from developing more and more.

You need to post those points.

Starting from me.

I live in India there are lots of worst point in India which I am listing below.
1. Corruption
2. Population
3. Blind thoughts of old people.

Among above listing 2. Population is the cause of all problem Population of India is growing in such a high pace. Its a havoc.

People need to understand the problem and try to solve it.


Yeah, well, in India, poverty is one of the worst problems. One must pay to go to school. School should be free like Canada.That way, there will be more educated people in the country and less poverty. Agreed?
moejoe
scotty wrote:
India, three words: One child policy.

Australia:

1. Speed limits are too low.
2. Internet is too slow and too expensive.
3. There are a lot of morons.


1.Dido,
2.EXTRA Dido < The Internet here doesn't even compare to countries such as Sweden!
3....Yes, As in, A lot of drunk idiots? Yes.

Oh And When he Said One Child Policy..
He Meant that India should incorporate this policy!
ninjakannon
solarwind wrote:
hellrahul wrote:
Hi !
This post is a bit differnt. You need to be a bit truthful here.

Every country has something bad about it which prevent it from developing more and more.

You need to post those points.

Starting from me.

I live in India there are lots of worst point in India which I am listing below.
1. Corruption
2. Population
3. Blind thoughts of old people.

Among above listing 2. Population is the cause of all problem Population of India is growing in such a high pace. Its a havoc.

People need to understand the problem and try to solve it.


Yeah, well, in India, poverty is one of the worst problems. One must pay to go to school. School should be free like Canada.That way, there will be more educated people in the country and less poverty. Agreed?

Sounds like a good plan. One thing: Where's all the money that people used to pay to go to schools going to come from. If the schools don't get their money they can't teach. And if you don't pay to go to school then the money that schools need will have to come, at least partly, from the government. Thus either taxes will have to be raised for everyone, or other things will have to forgo the money they need so that schools can be free.
cybernie
too much politics leading to corruption is one of the biggest problem here in the philippines...
eday2010
Problems in Canada (in no order):
__________________

State-run, Commie-style Health care (Which ISN'T Free) - Service is slow ans less than adequate in some places.

Taxes are too high..because of the State-run, Commie-style Health care. People complaining about high taxes in the U.S. should move here!!

Lack of National Unity (The East doesn't like the West, the West Doesn't like the East, Quebec likes no one, and nobody likes Toronto Razz)

Having two offical languages

Piss poor revolving door criminal justice system, with too many bleeding heart socialist judges on the benches.

Too much reliance by people on the government, and some political parties wanting to increase that reliance.
Related topics
Fantastico could be updated
What do you think about Russia?
islam is...
Oh, the evil that Bush has done to this world...
It's official - the US gov't wants to control the world
Communism ?
What's great about your country?
American bashing
Why people hate Windows?
Tomb raider Anniversary
China Olympics, boycott or not?
Right Wing Terrorism out of control and on the increase?
PUNK ROCK
Just how bad an atrocity would your country have to commit?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.