FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

drinking and driving

i would drink and drive
only if it is legal for me to do so (0.0 uder 21, or upto 0.8 if 21+)
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
only if i feel in control
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
yeah, if i think i could talk my way out of a sobriety checkpoint
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
yes. no matter what
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no, thats just stupid
60%
 60%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 23

area547
well, i'm kindof there... so the question is.. would you ever drink and drive
Jaiye
of course it should be legal. anybody that says otherwise is just working for the man, and the man is always trying to keep you down.
710ths
Jaiye wrote:
of course it should be legal. anybody that says otherwise is just working for the man, and the man is always trying to keep you down.

You have got to be either drunk of just stupid!
Helios
Sometimes Very Happy

But only if you feel control!!

My uncle can drink 0.5 litres of vodka and still drive, but he's been doing that for 40 years haha
Code of Ruin
In my opinion drinking and driving never mix. Alcohol makes you stretch you limits so that you do things that you would normally never do and still you feel in control. That is why so many accidents happen, idiots thinking; sure I can fit my car in between those two driving past me with 70 mph.
I also think the legality of a certain amount of alcohol in your bloodstream should never be used as an excuse for drinking.
Just don't drink and drive.
area547
yes! my first ever topic/poll is getting replies. I can't even beign to state how stoked I am about this. You guys are awesome and thaks for the feedback.
What started as simply a curious/drunked question has actually started to give me some perspective and your guys' interests and values.
So lets keep the votes going and I can't wait to hear more about your opinions on this matter!!!
ninjakannon
Sometimes, even if you think/feel that you are in control, you find that you are not.

I have to tell you that if you drink and drive then the most likley time to realise that you were not in control is when you're in hospital the day after with whiplash and a few broken bones; as well as well as the knowledge that you have just killed someone/a few people hanging over your head.

Or worse, you wont ever realise...
ninjakannon
Jaiye wrote:

710ths wrote:
Jaiye wrote:

Yes, 710ths. Jaiye you really are either stupid, a mindless killer or simply drunk...
Helios
It really depends on the person.

One can go wild after a glass of beer, but other will stay in control after 3 shots of vodka.
ninjakannon
Helios wrote:

One can go wild after a glass of beer, but other will stay in control after 3 shots of vodka.
Good point, Helios.

The problem is that the law can't deal with things being different for different people. So the law will remain, and people will not be allowed to drink and drive after drinking a certain amount of alcohol.

The thing is that the people that can drink 3 shots of vodka and still be in control wont be noticed by the police anyway, so it's alright for them Smile
Jaiye
710ths wrote:
Jaiye wrote:

umm... yes.
selim06
I agree with Helios but I haven't drive with alchol yet and I won't(i hope so)
cheh
when i drive, i don't drink.
when i don't drive, i drink! Razz Laughing
Thatguy
I really don't think it is a good idea to drink and drive. I wouldn't do it.
Jack_Hammer
I think this says my point clearly.
Click Here!
[1.49 mb MPG video stream]
Vrythramax
I think it is just plain stupid. We all think we are in control, but studies show our response times are effected and our visual accuity is seriously impaired.

To drink and drive your not just risking your own life...but everone else's that happens to either be with you, or trying to drive home at the same time.
Chris24
Drinking and driving has got to be the most stupidest thing to do next to russian roulette. Basically, that is what you are doing by drinking & driving. You think you can do things, but your perception is altered, don't care if it's only 2 or 3 drinks.

Ever get in a car with someone while you have had a few. Sit there in the passenger seat and look striaght ahead just like you are actually driving. You will see that it seems like you are driving in a tunnel, if you are doing it right. You won't see that car missing that stop sign or red light. That is just one of the things that happens. Do a test, take your foot and put it on the gas when you are straight ( no Drinks) then as fast as you can move it to the brake. When you have a few then try the same thing. Slower time getting there? Did you completely miss the pedal?

Think about it, is $5 - $10 in cab fare worth yours or someone else's life or time in jail? or fines or lawyer fees or your death? I think NOT
izimngcubes15
That is idiotic and stupid to even drink then drive. I mean no one has control over themselves when they are drunk, unless you're not too drunk. Drunk driving can cause many trouble, accidents, deaths, severe injuries, hearts borken. It's plain common sense, drink then drive? C'mon, doy uo really have to be smart to know that? It's just one of those stupid choices stupid people make.
UnikeViruz
The last time I drove drunk...I hammered down a liter of vodka (Phillips vodka lol) with a few friends and like an 18 pack between the three of us...And pretty sure I wound up in a ditch because I ran a three way stop sign. Pretty sure I'm not gonna let that happen...I learned my lesson the hard way...
intekmdma
I voted only if I feel I can control because otherwise i'd be lying. 99% of the time I would find a ride but when in big need be (rarely) I'd drive home (such as 2 blocks home in a quiet neighborhood)
S3nd K3ys
Jaiye wrote:

Oh, brother. Rolling Eyes

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you've blown right past ignorant and gone head first straight into stupid with eyes closed and hands in pockets...

BOT, If you're going to be stupid enough to drink and drive, don't be stupid enough to allow them to test you. Especially in the field.

Just say no.
Shiva
Well I'm sorry, I'm not killing myself with a beer Wink
The_Gamer294
ninjakannon wrote:
Helios wrote:

Good point, Helios.

The problem is that the law can't deal with things being different for different people. So the law will remain, and people will not be alowed to drink and drive after drinking a certain amount of alcohol.

The thing is that the people that can drink 3 shots of vodka and still be in control wont be noticed by the police anyway, so it's alright for them Smile

i was gunna say the same thing
ninjakannon
The_Gamer294 wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:
Helios wrote:

Good point, Helios.

The problem is that the law can't deal with things being different for different people. So the law will remain, and people will not be alowed to drink and drive after drinking a certain amount of alcohol.

i was gunna say the same thing

Wink Great minds think alike...

And I love your avatar, The_Gamer294!
Soulfire
Statistics show it... You're more likely to get into an accident when drinking. It's just proven fact. And I'd perfer to not get into any accidents, especially ones that could've been avoided by NOT drinking.
yaashop
i did it several time, but i stopped coz once i got drunk and drove then i hit another car (of course i fleed like a rat and succeed Smile after that i swear i wont do it again XD
ninjakannon
yaashop wrote:
i did it several time, but i stopped coz once i got drunk and drove then i hit another car (of course i fleed like a rat and succeed Smile after that i swear i wont do it again XD

I'm glad you learnt from your mistake Very Happy
Well done, I'm glad you have some sense Wink
roadruner
i probably will Smile
when you've got a full car of people that are drunk including yourself someone will have to drive Wink
calling a taxi is usualy not an option you think of when you're drunk Wink
Chris24
roadruner wrote:
i probably will Smile
when you've got a full car of people that are drunk including yourself someone will have to drive Wink

Well then shouldn't be driving if you can't make an adult enough decision to not drive when you KNOW you will be drinking. If you take a cab there, you will be forced to take a cab home.......Or have someone NOT drink, then drive everyone home, and take turns the following times you go out.
paul_indo
Don't have to worry much about it here, thay don't do roadside testing, so it's up to you.
Arkratas
Well you really shouldn't drink an drive, i am lucky to always have a friend to drive, that doesnt drink
ninjakannon
roadruner wrote:
i probably will Smile

That's terrible, roadruner. Personaly I think that you are quite foolish!
When you get hurt or killed you wont be laughing...

Chris24 wrote:
Well then shouldn't be driving if you can't make an adult enough decision to not drive when you KNOW you will be drinking. If you take a cab there, you will be forced to take a cab home.......Or have someone NOT drink, then drive everyone home, and take turns the following times you go out.

Very sensible, I was gonna say much the same Wink
blackmamba
There are some people who can be drunk and still can driving...
I never drink and drive because I dont have a permission for driving. Embarassed

When I will buy a car and drive some of my friends will come whit me if I want to drink alcohol... Cool
ninjakannon
blackmamba wrote:
There are some people who can be drunk and still can driving...
I never drink and drive because I dont have a permission for driving. Embarassed

When I will buy a car and drive some of my friends will come whit me if I want to drink alcohol... Cool

What if your friend wants to drink alcohol too? Rolling Eyes
ninjakannon
paul_indo wrote:
Don't have to worry much about it here, thay don't do roadside testing, so it's up to you.

Do you think that there are more insidents because of this, or are people just as carful as they would be in places like England, where speeding is monitored?
matttai
Drinking and driving is an incredibly stupid thing to do. I am all for drink drivers killing themselves as people like this do not deserve to be on the road. What is most sad about this is the innocent victims that they kill or injure who have done nothing wrong but been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
In my country drink driving is a serious offence and is punishable by extensive jail time!
ninjakannon
matttai wrote:
Drinking and driving is an incredibly stupid thing to do. I am all for drink drivers killing themselves as people like this do not deserve to be on the road. What is most sad about this is the innocent victims that they kill or injure who have done nothing wrong but been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
In my country drink driving is a serious offence and is punishable by extensive jail time!

And your country is?

I was gonna say "what about the people the drunk drivers kill", then you made this point yourself Razz.

I really feel sorry for the people who are killed or injured in car crashes when they have simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also their friends, family and relations who are made to suffer the loss of someone they love because of some fools stupidity! If people took a moment to think in this world, then it would be a much better place.
Chris24
Have you ever seen a 7 year old girl with her head decapitated (cut off), because some jackass decided to drink, then got on the highway going the wrong way and slammed straight into her and her parents limo doing over 55 mph? Imagine the impact to have that happen to her while being in the back seat of a limo. And I bet you he thought he was ok to drive as well......Now he is in jail and will be for several years, and these poor parents are without the love of their life.

This is just one instance, I could go on with stories of people I knew and accidents I have seen. BOTTOM LINE< YOU CAN'T BE A GOOD DRIVER WHILE YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING ALCOHOL>>> so don't be an idiot and do it. And dont tell me either that some people can do it, they are just lucky is all......
ninjakannon
Chris24 wrote:
Have you ever seen a 7 year old girl with her head decapitated (cut off), because some jackass decided to drink, then got on the highway going the wrong way and slammed straight into her and her parents limo doing over 55 mph? Imagine the impact to have that happen to her while being in the back seat of a limo. And I bet you he thought he was ok to drive as well......Now he is in jail and will be for several years, and these poor parents are without the love of their life.

This is just one instance, I could go on with stories of people I knew and accidents I have seen. BOTTOM LINE< YOU CAN'T BE A GOOD DRIVER WHILE YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING ALCOHOL>>> so don't be an idiot and do it. And dont tell me either that some people can do it, they are just lucky is all......

I agree, appart from one thing. Some people can actually do it... It depends on the person, but there are a few people that find it hard to get drunk - it's these people that can drink over the limit and still be ok. But they know their limits, and should not drink and drive after they've had a certain amount of alcohol.
The problem is that it's hard to regulate the amount of alcohol you drink, therefore it is still a bad idea for these people to drive as they may have drunk more than they think.

So some people can do it when they are over the limit, and the police will never catch these people, because they wont be driving iradicaly.

Oh, and I like the way you introduced your message with a shock, just to put fools off drinking and driving Razz.

ps. Did you actually see the girl, or know her? Or just find out about it (or make it up... Laughing)? I've heard about things like this happening, I've seen reenactments of terrible accidents like this on TV. And even been whitness to a few.
lors
Anyone who drinks and drives is a fool. My father was an alcoholic and drove with us kids in the car all the time, there were many times he passed out at the wheel, leaving my brother and I screaming to wake him up. Luckily we were never in an accident with him, but he had plenty without us. It's crazy and foolish, not only can you hurt yourself but you can hurt innocent others.
ninjakannon
lors wrote:
Anyone who drinks and drives is a fool. My father was an alcoholic and drove with us kids in the car all the time, there were many times he passed out at the wheel, leaving my brother and I screaming to wake him up. Luckily we were never in an accident with him, but he had plenty without us. It's crazy and foolish, not only can you hurt yourself but you can hurt innocent others.

I'm glad you weren't hurt, although I feel bad for your father and sorry for any people he's hurt.
At least his behavior has given you the right atittude towards this, and probably a whole lot of common sence too.
Chris24
Quote:
ps. Did you actually see the girl, or know her? Or just find out about it (or make it up... )? I've heard about things like this happening, I've seen reenactments of terrible accidents like this on TV. And even been whitness to a few

Happened 2 blocks away from my house and the impact woke us up from bed, I did not actually see her body.....We live in between 2 majors road arteries and 1 major highway, and we have alot of accidents in this area. Some stupid, some drunk or some just plain ole accidents
David_Pardy
Anyone who drink drives deserves to crash into a tree, breaking both legs but remaining conscious. The impact must jam the doors shut, trapping them until help arrives - if it does at all.

The doctors must then discover that not only are the legs broken, but that the 'victim' is paralyzed from the waist downwards, thus rendering them a) unable to ever drive again and b) unable to reproduce.
ninjakannon
David_Pardy wrote:
Anyone who drink drives deserves to crash into a tree, breaking both legs but remaining conscious. The impact must jam the doors shut, trapping them until help arrives - if it does at all.

The doctors must then discover that not only are the legs broken, but that the 'victim' is paralyzed from the waist downwards, thus rendering them a) unable to ever drive again and b) unable to reproduce.

That sounds harsh, but you know I think that if the government introduced that as the punnishment for drink driving (even if no one got hurt at all) then there would be far less accidents because of it. And it wouldn't cost the government much at all, hire a man to break the drunk drivers legs, then leave them there for about an hour and then take them to hospitle and make sure the sugery involves cutting the nerves that go down to the legs.

Or is that too harsh? Personaly, I think that it would deter most people from drinking and ever getting near a car.
mavahntooth
yes.. if you want to die early Laughing
KernEnergie
I don't drive and drink. I never did. A friend of mine did one day and he had a very bad car accident. He stayed 3months in hospital Wink I don't want to do that too. Hospital costs a lot.
GrieverCRO
why would you drive while youre drunk, when you can get high and fly in your house?
Soulfire
Well, I would say "It's your funeral" to say "well, do what you want" but it might not just be your funeral. Drunk driving has taken away a few lives at my school, and the kids at my school weren't the ones who were drunk. And all that could've been prevented if some idiot who has drank didn't get into a car and drive.

Stupid, plain and simply stupid.

I know that some people may be able to do it, but the majority can't, and it sickens me that people are willing to take the risks.
ninjakannon
Soulfire wrote:
I know that some people may be able to do it, but the majority can't, and it sickens me that people are willing to take the risks.

It is shocking, truly shocking. Some people must be living in their own little world inside their head. How can you not realise that it is a seriously bad thing to do?
XSTG
I agree... drinking is already dumb, why driving after it?

Don't do that please, because it causes trouble not only to you but also to other drivers.

Also, I think you made an error in the poll... 21 and more is 0.08 alcohol. 0.8??? (At 0.6 most of the people are already dead)
smokey4life
Ok, here's a good question for you guys, If its illegal to drink and drive why do all the bars have parking lots? Very Happy
Farhad
Why would you want to roll the dice on your own life?

I had a friend who always said he could control his level of drinking. Years later I found out he died in a car accident after attending a work related party.
sonam
It is not so clever to drink and drive. Perception is comming slow and your driving will come denger.

Sonam
David_Pardy
I am completely serious in my previous post. Is it really harsh, when you compare it to the death a drunk driver may cause? If any of my friends or family were killed by a drunk driver I would have a very hard time restraining myself going after the driver and breaking his legs if they weren't already. Drink driving IMO is not far short of attempted murder or 2nd degree murder if it occurs.

Things like that are utter selfishness and stupidity. I have no tolerance for people who willingly put others at risk of injury or death.
Zug Zug
I've already lost two friends because they were drinking and driving. First one was Nichole Nunnley....she just hit another person. My second friend Sarah Bowling....she got hit by a semi head on because she didn't look before pulling out of a road. NEVER drink and drive. I'm not a priss, I do drink, but I never ever ever drink and drive. I've known too many people who have been hurt/killed in drunk driving car accidents. Just never do it, what if you're the one that ends up in that body bag? May sound like fun....but you'll hurt a lot of people if you do something stupid while drunk. If you do survive...you'll be giving yourself a swift kick in the bum. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Zug Zug
Here's What happend to Sarah Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

http://www.eastvalleytimes.com/September_1_05.html
Zug Zug
Also if you drink and drive, you're an idiot, Never do it!!!!
GProject
I would never do it. Not ever. It just doesn't seem worth the risk - especially with the way police are here. I can't afford the points on my licence more than anything!
kung_fu_stu
This shouldn't even be a question in the 21st century. Ignorance is not bliss for those who reap the rath of the ignorant.
ncwdavid
Well I am from Ireland and we have the second most deaths on the road for drinking and driving in Europe. For that reason the rules on the road have been made alot stricter. Sometimes when your driving somewhere there is a random police checkpoint on the road that stops all the cars and takes breath test on everyone.

Also a new system came in on the licence. If you are caught speeding you get 4 penalty points added to you licence and I think if you caught drinking and driving its six penalty points. Once you get 12 penalty points your licence is disqualified and you are never allowed drive again and your licence is taken off you.
David_Pardy
We get random breath tests in Australia, have done so for several years.

They do pick up a LOT of people. I don't know what the penalties for low, mid or high-range drink driving are because I've never looked into it. Wasn't there a city in the US which put offenders' cars up for auction when people got caught? I think that's nothing short of theft, but it would certainly stop people drinking and driving.
OutlawSpirit
wouldnt drink and drive ever... im only 18... been driving about a year now and have been pulled over and breathalised (checked for being drunk) about 5 or 6 times... thats more then my parents combined in there 20+ years each of driving... its crazy...
xkobram
(not drink and drive) OR (drink and not drive)