FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHPBB admin help

Monkeydog
Whenever i try and go to the admin area of my board under the style Black_Xire it says its missing a file which is there and won't let me do a thing in the admin area...why the heck is it doing this?Please help me
WickedGravity
It would help a bit if I could see the code that you were receiving on the error.

Could you copy and paste it here within the code brackets?

Plus, I will need to know if and what Mods you have installed.
Monkeydog
Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/index_frameset.tpl does not exist

this is all i get,
and no i don't have any mods installed,just the one Style.
Tho i can get into the admin area perfectly fine with the regular style but when i go under the one i want to use(Black_Xire) it won't work...
mOrpheuS
you can try replacing the tpl file with the subsilver default and see if the error persists.
backup the file templates/Black_Xire/admin/index_frameset.tpl (rename it to something else for the time being), then copy over the templates/subsilver/admin/index_frameset.tpl to this location.
this will probably let us see if there is something wrong with the particular file.
Monkeydog
Nah that didn't work either.
It did work but then i installed the upgrade.Then it didn't work...so I unistalled phpbb like 2 times and then reinstalled them like 2 times... you think it could be the upgrade?
Maka
Not sure it's like phpnuke themes some older skins dont work with the latest nuke.
WickedGravity
Did you reinstall the DB when you reinstalled the files?

Wipe the DB when you reinstall and reupload and reinstall and it should be good for you.
Monkeydog
Well isn't the DB also deleted with the phpbb when i delete it from Fantastico?

EDIT:I find this stupid but i figured out the problem.Aparently the folder that was in the zip that was the admin folder had a capital A...so when i made it lowercase it worked...Thanks all!