FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP doesn't work on my account

Dragate
I've downloaded the phpBB.zip file today and uploaded it all to my direct admin pannel. Uh... So i was going to install it right? phpBB2->install->install.php

Guess what? this is what I got...:

http://frihost.pastebin.com/715517

(Edit by WuMingsDen - please use a pastebin at www.frihost.pastebin.com next time when you are posting a large amount of code, thank you.)

... It's really weird. So I went to check if the php files on other places worked... it all did the same thing...

I even made a new file with just
Code:
<?php
 phpinfo();
?>

It didn't not put the three lines of code, but it didn't give me the configuration settings of PHP...

I NEED HELP!!! T.T
wumingsden
I have PM'ed you about the problem. Are you hosted here at FriHost ? If not does your hosting provide have php ?
It maybe because your trying to access the file through DA rather than at yoursite.com/forum
Dragate
ya... i'm hosted here on firhost. I also did it with another php free hoster

I have another problem too... with the other host, which it works, i need to make a Data Source Name(DSN) to have it connect to the ms_access_primer.mdb right? how do I make the DSN?

does firhost work with FTP's?

on the problem with the php thing on frihost. Does the php files only work when they are put into the public HTML? becuase I accidentally put it in the root. I'll try putting it into the public HTML. But there are so many file and I have to do it all one by one... T.T

THANKS EVERYONE FOR HELP

::::::EDIT:::::::

I found my ftp:ftp.Dragate-ElZamaro.frih.net

ya... it works on FTP clients... ;p

Never tried... hehe... so i moved it now to public html

IT WORKS NOW

So i guess... it has to be in the public html.

so i still need taht DSN... how would i make it... could someone help me?

make a DSN for http://dragate-elzamaro.frih.net/phpBB-2.9.21/install/schemas/ms_access_primer.mdb

::::SECOND EDIT::::

wu... Yea... haha... um so I don't need to worry about the DSN?

also... I pmed you on my hosting details and other stuff... sorry i double pm'ed you... ;p but I figured it out and yea...
wumingsden
Dragate wrote:
ya... i'm hosted here on firhost. I also did it with another php free hoster

I have another problem too... with the other host, which it works, i need to make a Data Source Name(DSN) to have it connect to the ms_access_primer.mdb right? how do I make the DSN?

on the problem with the php thing on frihost. Does the php files only work when they are put into the public HTML? becuase I accidentally put it in the root. I'll try putting it into the public HTML. But there are so many file and I have to do it all one by one... T.T

THANKS EVERYONE FOR HELP

All files thats you want to be access via your broswer have to be placed in the publoc_html folder.

Don't know about the DNS, sorry.
Dragate
Quote:

Don't know about the DNS, sorry.

I think I still ahve to make a DSN though becuase when I try installing, ther is a cannot connect to database error....

can you tel me how to make a DSN or how it works? Thank you so much

::::EDIT::::

I GOT THE DATABASE TO WORK

THANKS I just had to create one ;p sorry I'm still noooob at this...

THANK YOU FOR HELP....

it works now...

wu: i chaged my password back to what it was before... you will no longer to be able to access my account... THANKS FOR HELP