FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Funny little story I thought I might share.

solarwind
Yesterday I went to the store BestsBuyz (you know what I mean). So I was checking out some nice computers near the service and support counter. I overheard some idiot talking to a technician.

Customer: I recently bought a laptop with "built in internet". It has always worked for me and the other day, it stopped working! (He was using Windoze XP Pro, by the way)

Technician: Well, let me take a look at it while you're here and tell you what's wrong.
*starts up windoze and connects to the internet service in the store* Everything seems to be ok, you're clear to go.

Customer: *goes home*, *comes back*
Customer: Hey! This is not working again, the "built in internet" is not working!

Technician: This is working just fine, what router are you using by the way?

Customer: Huh? Router? What's that?

Technician: You dont know what a router is?!?!?

Customer: no.

Technician: *looks at the network logs*, You have been connecting to your neighbours internet ([aside] dumb idiot!)

*turns out that the ignorant customer's windoze was automatically connecting to his neighbour's internet and the dumb customer was just stupid and knows nothing about customers*

Lol, the future generation may very well be the most stupidest generation of all, where everything is automatic and intergrated (i have nothing against intergrated tech, but just think that people should be educated).
HoboPelican
solarwind wrote:
...So I was checking out some nice computers near the service and support counter. I overheard some idiot talking to a technician.

really? He went home and came back and you were still there Laughing You really like BestBuy, don't ya Laughing Laughing Laughing
alkady
Okay, This is ridiculous. Built-In internet. I dont think you get the joke.

The guy actually thought the Internet was Included in his laptop, Now that is ridiculous because if there was such thing as Built In Internet, I'd be the first one to have those Laptops.
HoboPelican
alkady wrote:
Okay, This is ridiculous. Built-In internet. I dont think you get the joke.

The guy actually thought the Internet was Included in his laptop, Now that is ridiculous because if there was such thing as Built In Internet, I'd be the first one to have those Laptops.

I get the joke. Subtle as a hammer. Very Happy I was laughing at you passing it off as something that REALLY happened. Wink Very Happy
Soulfire
Lol, that happened to me once. I accidentally connected to my neighbors wireless network. My bad... *walks away*
Helios
I'd be a very happy man if I could connect to my neighbour's 5Mbit network Very Happy
Jaiye
I keep my 6mb wifi very secure....

damn neighbors ain't leeching off me for sure.
Yeah, I even check the activity/connection logs.
solarwind
Same here.
solarwind
HoboPelican wrote:
solarwind wrote:
...So I was checking out some nice computers near the service and support counter. I overheard some idiot talking to a technician.

really? He went home and came back and you were still there Laughing You really like BestBuy, don't ya Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ok, it takes about 5 minutes for him to get home, about two to find out his internet isn't working, and another 5 to get back and complain. About 12 minutes all together.

That's not a long time.
snowboardude
haha?

i get the point, its just not very funny, tho i do agree that ppl are becoming less and less educated.
soldeinvierno
Computer technician, that must be stressing with the kind of people that are out there
frozenhead
LOL..

I think the tech should have told the right terms anyways. There's no such thing as "built-in" internet.

As of the degeneration, I think, you now, we really do have a lot of these technologies developed for the last 20 years, quite fast though that a person will have to do is sit back let that the technology do the dirty work. (internet config and so on).

[opinion]Well, it depends on the person if he wants to learn. [/opinion]
faker
thats all thanks to microsoft, because they keep making users life so easy people think they are good in their computers. they should try using unix or linux system LOL
RhysAndrews
I've heard much funnier, stories about complete n00blets are quite hilarious. Although, personally, I feel quite the opposite about future-generation. I'm 15 and i own my own programming team, releasing some material that's come across tons of communities and pages. I mean, I know a 12 year old who does web design; some of my team-mates are 13 and are helping me out with winsock programming. I think what it is, is that technology is becoming more important these days so anyone who's an idiot at computers are much more visible these days.

Regards
Rhys Andrews
erlendhg
Quite funny. He could really need some courses in computing. But isn`t it a bit naughty to sell a computer with "built in internet"? Poor people like him will be fooled to think it`s just to turn on the computer, and then your online...