FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Fines





alkady
Don't you think it will make following the rules more of a breeze if fines where implemented. This would make people think twice knowing that their hard earned FRIH$ can be seize in the event of an infraction.
LukeakaDanish
I think this would make the mods a bit too powerful - and i think this power, in particular, might corrupt somewhat.

Besides everybody makes mistakes and there need to be space for this - it shouldnt be too dificult being a "new member"

Luke
AftershockVibe
If anything, I would argue this the other way around. Mods can already censor posts as they please so if anything fining would be a lesser power making it useless since no-one uses $FRIH for anything anyway.
alkady
^ You haven't been in the market place yet have you? FRIH$ actually do have a use if you actually try to use them.
LukeakaDanish
AftershockVibe wrote:
If anything, I would argue this the other way around. Mods can already censor posts as they please so if anything fining would be a lesser power making it useless since no-one uses $FRIH for anything anyway.


Good point - fining does seem rather less dangerous than warning / banning!

I am reasonably active in the marketplace but i do actually think frih$ are pretty useless...the amount of graphics that one person can need is very limited and with people doing dewcent graphics for as little as 5-10 frih$, everybody can afford it...
Helios
With FriH$ it's useless.
Maybe Points? No way.

Fines = bad idea.


Btw, if Steve notices a mod/jr. admin using their 'power' too much, that mod/jr. admin will no longer hold his rank.

Don't worry. Just follow the basic rules, keep posting and everything will be just fine Razz
TeenZine
No offences but I disagree a 110% fines are way less then a warning and would stop spammers who makes posts with just similes for extra frih$ or one word (ect) I have seen it done in many fourms and I like it so much I mite inplant it on my own fourm soon.
Marston
LukeakaDanish wrote:
I think this would make the mods a bit too powerful - and i think this power, in particular, might corrupt somewhat.
That's simply rediculous.
wumingsden
Marston wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:
I think this would make the mods a bit too powerful - and i think this power, in particular, might corrupt somewhat.
That's simply rediculous.




Don't worry, we know how it is. One member has a completely biased, and not to mention wrong, opinion and it passes on. I personally am 50/50 on the idea. The system to make this possible is already in place, and I seriously doubt it'll go to any of the staff's heads if we have to use it daily, but in my opinion right now its not really needed. Fines would mostly be sent to those I'm guessing who have not following a posting guideline, is this correct ? Or are you suggestion that fines should be for everything, including sigs, etc ? The thing is new users that have bad posts (that are spamming or just post things from other sites) are usually banned without question so fines will not help here.

I think it may be good but only in the future when more pressing matters are sorted out.
alkady
^ I was referring to minor infractions and nothing serious, It would be silly to just give fines for repeat spamming offences.
TeenZine
alkady wrote:
^ I was referring to minor infractions and nothing serious, It would be silly to just give fines for repeat spamming offences.
Like i said. guess not o well.

Edit some suggegsted prices for the fines

1 word posts = 10 frih
Not quoting sources in news fourm= 15 frih
Using the
Code:
code
button instead of the
Quote:
quote
= 10 frih
Posting something in suggestion fourm that is not suppose to be suggested= 10 frih

Stuff like that simple yet small stuff
babumuchhala
Naa, Fines for spamming is not such a good idea. And i think we have disscussed this earlier too Razz

If i am a bit low on Points but high on FRIH$s then i did risk getting fined just to get my points up. Also fines will mean that i can get away with small offences without a warning.

One more thing to notice is that the work load of the mods will increase dramatically. Ever wondered how much work they will have to do. Like first delete the spam then fine the spammer or rule breaker.

Fines could be used for Offences other than Spamming like, improper Avatar r too big a sig. Very Happy
Helios
Look, FriHost is a professional board.
We don't have room for these kind of games.
Kids who don't want to read the rules, but only want to spam here to get a hosting for their lame site will be banned. End of story.

Serious people won't break the rules from the beginning(even if they haven't read the rules) and those people we want here on FriHost. (In my opinion and my opinion only)

I mean, fining people with digital/unreal money? That's just ridiculous.
Maybe that's good for TeenZine's forum, but not for FriHost.

Thank you.
Scorpio
TeenZine wrote:
alkady wrote:
^ I was referring to minor infractions and nothing serious, It would be silly to just give fines for repeat spamming offences.
Like i said. guess not o well.

Edit some suggegsted prices for the fines

1 word posts = 10 frih
Not quoting sources in news fourm= 15 frih
Using the
Code:
code
button instead of the
Quote:
quote
= 10 frih
Posting something in suggestion fourm that is not suppose to be suggested= 10 frih

Stuff like that simple yet small stuff


And yes dont forget to add this

LOUSY SPELLING AND GRAMMAR: 2000 Frih$

You ll probably be bankrupt a million times over Laughing

Quit giving dumb suggestions

Anyway, I too think this would unnecessarily increase the workload of the moderators..
And since some of them are busy and seem to login only once in a while, the other mods will feel the pain
And if this tedious process leads to frustration in mods, nobody can guess what they can do(they are human too, not gods)
That was exemplified earlier.


Quote:
I think this would make the mods a bit too powerful - and i think this power, in particular, might corrupt somewhat.


I am inclined to agree with this statement and it is not ridiculous at all.
Everybody including mods and admins, bondings included are human indeed and problems will definitely arise.
Just because they are mods DOES NOT mean they are saints and will forgive everything we do.
In case we annoy them, unlike annoying other users, this might get us a warning
And it is wise not to risk it. Period.
Helios
Well, scorpio, unlike some people(won't point a finger), I never mix up between a job/hobby and feelings. At least I try.

Means I will not give one a warning or anything like that just 'cause that one person annoyed me or whatever.
Scorpio
Helios wrote:
Well, scorpio, unlike some people(won't point a finger), I never mix up between a job/hobby and feelings. At least I try.

Means I will not give one a warning or anything like that just 'cause that one person annoyed me or whatever.



Sure you wont helios, sure you wont

And yes, dont ask me what that means cause I aint gonna tell
Helios
No I'm not.

Sometimes I just piss people off for fun, though Wink
mathiaus
From my point of view, giving out a warning is easier than fining. A warning is very clear where as a fine would be cnfusing to some members and I dont have the time to reply to 'My $frih have disappeared' threads Rolling Eyes


Quote:
Look, FriHost is a professional board.
We don't have room for these kind of games.
Kids who don't want to read the rules, but only want to spam here to get a hosting for their lame site will be banned. End of story.

Agree 100% Smile


Quote:
Quote:
I think this would make the mods a bit too powerful - and i think this power, in particular, might corrupt somewhat.
I am inclined to agree with this statement and it is not ridiculous at all.
Everybody including mods and admins, bondings included are human indeed and problems will definitely arise.
Just because they are mods DOES NOT mean they are saints and will forgive everything we do.

Mods can already modify users frih. If fines were introduced Bondings would still be able to see who had modified who's frih. Therefore I cant see how any mods would become corrupt in any way regarding this issue at least
Scorpio
Quote:
Mods can already modify users frih. If fines were introduced Bondings would still be able to see who had modified who's frih. Therefore I cant see how any mods would become corrupt in any way regarding this issue at least


What I mean is this:

If a mod decides to take out his personal vendetta on somebody, then at the present state can send a warning to him for some reason which can be picked out of the air
After all, every user makes mistakes somewhere down the line

If this happens, the mod can justify his or her action to the admin by pointing to those few threads where a user might have erred

These errors might have happened earlier but the mod, just for the sake of warning a person can pick it out

This might sound to far fetched, but it is definitely possible and no one can deny that

Why should the mods be given an official permission to fine people?
TeenZine
Because they are way more responsible. And I don't think there are going to be flame wars know that n4l broke away.
wumingsden
Quote:
Why should the mods be given an official permission to fine people?



Like TeenZine said, we have a responsibility. Also note that Frih$ are not actual money, I thought you would have noticed this by name. Were entitled to send members warnings, as your probably aware of, so fining people will be no different. I am however now greatly but off on the idea.

The suggestion has however been heard and Bonduings has more than likely already noticed this thread. There is however opposition from the staff so it is likely that this will not happen.


-locked- to stop the upcoming flaming war.
James007
As you might have noticed, or not... the warning system is very efficient.
We don't actually NEED an alternative. Smile
Related topics
Google's Video Sharing
Account suspended (Fourthbean)
Advantages Of Being A Woman
Misunderrepresented again, Dubya and the US economy
¿De qué se trata tu web?
China Against the Internet
Para que te den escalofríos...
El fin de la existencia humana...
Linux vs Windows!!!
Recomiendame una pelicula
Not Voting is Reasonable for People Who Want Freedom
Wireless through a Pringles tube?
NUESTRA AMERICA UNIDA???
Music Anti-Piracy
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.