FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Name my Premodded Forum

What Should I Name the Premodded Forum ?
Entrancing Entries
30%
 30%  [ 10 ]
MezBB
42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
RdyBB
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
MezTalk
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 33

wumingsden
I need everyones input on this...

I am soon to release my own premodded forum - it is finished but right now am busy doing other things. The only thing that I need is a offiical name for it, currently I have been calling it simply "the premodded forum" which is extremely dull. So....

Your job is to come up with a name for it. My site is named Mezmorizing Creations - the name of the Premodded Forum does not have to include the words Mezmorizing Creations. I will choose the one that I like best, if I like more than one which is likely then I will create a poll and the members of FriHost can choose which one they like the most.

Note that this is a personal project and has nothing official to do with FriHost.

So, anyone got any ideas ?
Helios
Erm.. ReadyBB or RdyBB ? Razz
Traveller
wumingsden wrote:
My site is named Mezmorizing Creations

To carry the theme forward, somewhat, how about calling the forum "Entrancing Entries" or something to that effect?
wumingsden
Helios wrote:
Erm.. ReadyBB or RdyBB ? Razz

Nice ideas. I like the first one best but I'm not discounting the second idea. The first one however cannot be an option because I may be starting a forum hosting hobby with the premodded forum and there is already a forum hosting site that goes by the name of ReadyBB Crying or Very sad

Thanks for your ideas, I will be considering them more

Anyone else have ideas ?

Edit -

Traveller wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
My site is named Mezmorizing Creations

To carry the theme forward, somewhat, how about calling the forum "Entrancing Entries" or something to that effect?

An excellent idea. I like the effect it has. This and RdyBB will definitly be used as an option.

Any other ideas also welcomed.
selim06
May be "4BB" or "k2bb"(key to BB) sorry I will tell new ones when I found better ones. Wink
wumingsden
selim06 wrote:
May be "4BB" or "k2bb"(key to BB) sorry I will tell new ones when I found better ones. Wink

May I ask what "4BB" stands for ? Does it mean that I'm all for phpBB (that I really like it) ?

I am currenlty thinking about "k2bb"(key to BB). I do like it although I'm afraid that persons may associate the term "Key to BB" as some kind of warez software which doesn't advertise to me. I do however like the term as it suggests that your given the power to unlock phpBB which is essentially what the forum is because of its many features. The wzrez term is however a little off-putting.

Any other ideas ?
Helios
FullBB ?

CompBB or ComBB? (As in Complete BB)

Razz
wumingsden
OK, so the current options which I like the best are...

• Entrancing Entries

• RdyBB

Anyone got any other ideas for names ?
CyanEyed
im thinking:

MezTalk
MezForum
or
MezBB
wumingsden
CyanEyed wrote:
im thinking:

MezTalk
MezForum
or
MezBB

I like MezBB the best. I am now going to add options to a poll for this thread. New ideas still being accepted.
Traveller
Of course, I voted for my own. This was not only because it was my own, but also because it is the only one that carries forth the them of the site's existing name, and really stands out as distinctive when everybody and his uncle seems to want to name his board "somethingBB."

It reminds me of a company for which I worked: it adopted the same idea, used by so many companies, of naming its employee insurance program "something care." The problem was, the company usually (and in this case) went by its initials, which were "CFI." Thus, our insurance was called "CFI Care" until someone in management finally figured out that that would be pronounced "See if I care." Laughing
wumingsden
Traveller wrote:
Of course, I voted for my own. This was not only because it was my own, but also because it is the only one that carries forth the them of the site's existing name, and really stands out as distinctive when everybody and his uncle seems to want to name his board "somethingBB."

It reminds me of a company for which I worked: it adopted the same idea, used by so many companies, of naming its employee insurance program "something care." The problem was, the company usually (and in this case) went by its initials, which were "CFI." Thus, our insurance was called "CFI Care" until someone in management finally figured out that that would be pronounced "See if I care." Laughing

Funny story. To be truthful I am leaning slightly to your idea rather that the whateverBB options. I am going to edit the poll so it will close in the next couple of days. Thanks to everyone that has suggested an idea. It is also note too late to think of a new name, if someone has other ideas then the thread/poll will last for longer.
Vrythramax
I voted for "Entrancing Entries"....simply because I like the name....it sings (if you follow my meaning).
intekmdma
I knew Entrancing Entries was going to be a winner for this one! I was going to choose it but I would've thought nobody would know what it is until they actually check it out. anytime i see BB i always think of message boards
Bockman
Voted for MezBB because i think this kind of mod's should have a short and easy to remember name and also have some connection to the creator (or, in the case, to the site). Entrancing Entries sounds great but it's not easilly remembered.

Hope to see it soon m8.

Be Well Cool
Whong
MezBB sound good! I voted for that. What does it stand for by the way Question Rolling Eyes
wumingsden
Whong wrote:
MezBB sound good! I voted for that. What does it stand for by the way Question Rolling Eyes

I'm guessing "Mez" is from the name Mezmorizing, which is the name of my site. Add on BB and it becomes Bulletin Board
SpellcasterDX
I like Entrancing Entries because it matches your site's name - a creative name that sounds cool and, well, how should I put this? Poetic. Entrancing Entries sounds like a really cool name that compliments the main site. So, yes, I voted for this name. Plus, since your forums is really pre-modded it also fits and makes sense.
ignition
May I ask what you mean by "premodded"?

edit - nevermind, got the gist of the project after browsing your site. i can't help much with naming but "RdyBB" is not a bad suggestion at all.
Shiva
I really like your headlines there!!
I't really tells me how important this topic is.. thanks! Very Happy
wumingsden
Shiva wrote:
I really like your headlines there!!
I't really tells me how important this topic is.. thanks! Very Happy

Ha, Ha, very funny. Very Happy I'll edit the title now
Helios
SpellcasterDX wrote:
I like Entrancing Entries because it matches your site's name - a creative name that sounds cool and, well, how should I put this? Poetic. Entrancing Entries sounds like a really cool name that compliments the main site. So, yes, I voted for this name. Plus, since your forums is really pre-modded it also fits and makes sense.

You can't possibly name a project "Entrancing Entries".
Too geeky, if you understand what I mean.
It's not cool. Spellcaster, it sounds geeky. It's not a cool name.

A name should be short, easy to remember and it should give the basic idea of what it is all about. (we all know that when we see BB, we expect to see something related to a forum system)

Anyway, I choose MezBB, 'cause it also reminds me of the main site and plus the BB, which reminds me of phpBB.

Good luck, Wu.
wumingsden
Helios wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:

You can't possibly name a project "Entrancing Entries".
Too geeky, if you understand what I mean.
It's not cool. Spellcaster, it sounds geeky. It's not a cool name.

A name should be short, easy to remember and it should give the basic idea of what it is all about. (we all know that when we see BB, we expect to see something related to a forum system)

Anyway, I choose MezBB, 'cause it also reminds me of the main site and plus the BB, which reminds me of phpBB.

Good luck, Wu.

You might like to know that I'm labelled a Pred, Hot, Geek Very Happy
CyanEyed
yay...im in the lead Very Happy thanks to evry1 who voted for MezBB!!!!
including myself
xorcist
Name it RdyBB or MezBB Since Mez is the name of your webiste, and I like RdyBB for some reason.
CyanEyed
when we going to find out which 1 ur gonna to keep???
Daniel15
Hmmm... What about premoddedBB? Very Happy
Helios
daniel15 wrote:
Hmmm... What about premoddedBB? Very Happy

What about WumingsdensPreModdedPHPBBForumSystemBTWItsOpenSource? Very Happy
Sounds better Very Happy

lol j.k
hlavco
I liked the "MezTalk" idea mentioned earlier. "MezBB" doesn't roll off the tongue as well as sounds less friendly. "Entrancing Entries" sounds... weird. "RdyBB" is too many consonants, and I wasn't sure how to pronounce it at first.

If MezTalk was an option, I'd vote for that. Since I'm not a big fan of the others, I'll just withhold my vote for now.
wumingsden
I've just added MezTalk to the list.

CyanEyed wrote:
when we going to find out which 1 ur gonna to keep???

When I lock this thread is when I announce the chosen name. I'll have to really, really think about it before a final decision is made. At this precise moment I do not know when this will be.
Traveller
wumingsden wrote:
I've just added MezTalk to the list.
If I had to choose one other than my own, I would say that I like this one a lot more than the less-imaginative, "me-too-ish" "BB" suggestions.
CyanEyed
isnt the poll closed now or have u reopened it?
wumingsden
CyanEyed wrote:
isnt the poll closed now or have u reopened it?

No, the poll is not closed. It may look closed to you if you have already voted.
jayandsilo
may I ask why did you make the mezmering title movable.
wumingsden
jayandsilo wrote:
may I ask why did you make the mezmering title movable.

All images on my site are moveable.
Hobbit
How about Prebb?
Zug Zug
I like entrancing entries
apeX-FXR
So whats it finally i think MezBB rocks .,,