FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any photoshop fans here?

fionab
Hi there
I am addicted to my photoshop CS 2 any one else here who feels the same?
hlavco
I took an electronic art class in school. It had Photoshop and it was amazing. I made all sorts of cool thing with it. Unfortunately, it's CRAZY-expensive. I downloaded the one week trial and had a lot of fun with it, however.

I hear some computers actually come with Photoshop, which is pretty amazing. Wish mine did...
CyanEyed
ive got photoshop 7 on my laptop and i regularly use that but i just find out that school have got CS2 (in one room only tho) and despite the fact that i hate the teacher im gonna be spending most of my time in her classroom.
munkey_boy
CyanEyed wrote:
ive got photoshop 7 on my laptop and i regularly use that but i just find out that school have got CS2 (in one room only tho) and despite the fact that i hate the teacher im gonna be spending most of my time in her classroom.

Same at my school, we only have photoshop CS2 in one room. DAM ROOM 120 NOT HAVING PHOTOSHOP AND ONLY ROOM 111 HAVING IT Razz have a nice day
darvit
I'm crazy about it, ever since I discovered Photoshop 7.0.
I agree, it's so expensive, and the 30-day trials are all expired now. Sad
I've tried downloading the opensource software GIMP, but I still like Photoshop much much better. Sad
Dimaod
I am not fan but i am sometimes using Photoshop.
Really nice! All my friend are using it.
James007
Moved to Software.
m0u53m4t
I have CS2. My dads a graphic designer/photographer so he got a free copie from work Very Happy I've been completely hooked since I was about 5. I remember good old Photoshop 5 Very Happy
achene
hehe. My computer can't run photoshop cs 2 so i run cs. Its almost just as good i think - of cause a little less features. Im a designer so i use it regularly
fionab
I am truly amazed by the creations people come up with using this software. I only use the photographic manipulations. I would love to learn to create images using the software, but have no idea where I would even start. Where do the computer animators learn their art?
Saryon
I really like Photoshop CS2, it has actually all you need. I'm just using it for fun, however, I'm planning to use it a lot more later on. I'm still in the proces of learning how to use it, discovering all the features (man there are a lot). But I'm already capable of creating some nice stuff with it.
I can't miss it anymore.
bladeron
of course, photoshop just keeps getting better and better with every release

however, i m still in the learning process by following all the great tutorials available for it
eLto
hlavco wrote:
I took an electronic art class in school. It had Photoshop and it was amazing. I made all sorts of cool thing with it. Unfortunately, it's CRAZY-expensive. I downloaded the one week trial and had a lot of fun with it, however.

I hear some computers actually come with Photoshop, which is pretty amazing. Wish mine did...

If you find Photoshop to be too expensive, give GIMP a go. it's free, and almost as powerful. you could easily pull off the same results aswell.
ranzon
fionab wrote:
Hi there
I am addicted to my photoshop CS 2 any one else here who feels the same?

What should i did without Photoshop CS 2??
i'm always having it on, in case if i need it.. i'm using it every day.
webbone
I'm a web designer,I like photoshop 7 and coredraw 9,I'm a fans of photoshop,But i'm a beginner of photoshop,I want to make friend who use photoshop is very craftily
photographerguy
hlavco wrote:

The educational version isn't too bad.

Computers coming with photoshop?
Photoshop costs more than some computers.
I wish there were deals like this in my area.
Or is this something you heard a rumor about?
looksbad
Well im a loving photoshop, Cinema4D and 3DStudio Max user.

Been using photoshop ever since version 6 Smile i got version 7 or 10 on top of my pc.. but never ever used it. or installed it.. Im currently using CS2 that i got for 112 in a sale on some website Smile

Anyway yeah i love photoshop and other great graphics software..
silentpark
hmm you are addicted to a graphics programm? not bad, not bad Razz

well its a powerfull tool and you can make very impressive work with it (for some sad reason most of its users produce tons of shit Evil or Very Mad) #
(remember: having 3 layers one for some crappy background, one for some not less than crappy image, and one for some *** text doesn't mean that you are good at photoshop Wink, go on learning Arrow Boo hoo! )

but yes it can amuse you for hours...

Quote:
[...] Unfortunately, it's CRAZY-expensive. I downloaded the one week trial and had a lot of fun with it, however. [...]

"Well, of course its annoying to format my computer every 30-Days*, but it seems to be the single ways to use it..." Razz
megamass
i use cs, because a had some problems with cs2 (works to slow, because of slow computer Wink) yeah, its really expensive, but i bet, that 99% of users here have pirated version Smile
brilliantbeauty
Addicted? That only begins to describe it for me. Honestly, its unhealthy the amount of time I spend on it. COrel PSP X is a cheaper alternative, and if you mainly do pixel editing, just as good. I only recently bought CS2, so most of my stuff is Paint shop Pro. However, CS2 is a must for truly digital/vector editing. But seriously, if you like pixel editing, PSP will do the trick.
DoctorBeaver
1 of my PCs (Sony Vaio) came with Photoshop pre-loaded & I use it a lot - mainly for web banners, buttons and animated GIFs. It also produces very acceptable HTML galleries and the batch features are very useful. In fact I'm a big Adobe fan; I use Premier Pro for most of my video work.

I used to have a graphics program called ProImage which was brilliant but I can't seem to find it anywhere now. I've searched the net but with no luck. What I liked about that program was the ability to store mask shapes and apply them to other images. I haven't found another package that can do it.

I've tried others such as Corel, GIMP and Serif Draw but I keep coming back to Photoshop.
XSTG
ADDICTED to Photoshop! I can make lot of cool things with it and can spend like 3 hours on it a day just for fun... I got 7.0 and I'm fine with it, not too interested by CS2 personnally
b4r4t
I've used to Paint Shop Pro (From Jasc software - not this new from corel) ... now I'm thinking about GIMP, because it's free. I'm afraid that when i try Photoshop ... I will like it without chance to buy it, and i don't want to crack it - i just like to have legit soft Smile
brweb
photoshop is great. But every task must take some advantage, so it's not so expensive. But I tell you all that I haven't Photoshop. But I am a big fan of this cool software, and I proud for this.

I am using Photoshop CS2 at my office.
jeffsolodky
Photoshop is great! I don't like the new feature in the CS version, where the shape tool is all weird, but other than that, it is awesome.
sceptileex
last time i tried, psp didnt have half the features photoshop had. IMO most people get hooked to hphotoshop to a month or two, but from then on other than sometimes, they rarely use it, cause there isnt much use for it except photomanips, at least thats teh case for most people. Me, im still using it after a whole year, lol.
surdy
i'm another photpshop fan .....
i love it ... a great peice of software ..
m00tmuffin
I use Photoshop 7 and I have been for maybe a year now...first got into it while making a collage in photography and have made a bunch of random and creative things with it since then. Took me a while to get the hang of it...everyone kept telling me how hard it was to learn, but it wasn't too bad. I think learning about layers was possibly the "hardest" thing...but then again, there are tons of things I don't even know about the program even now, I'm sure.
kackel
Hi guys, ive got photoshop cs (my cpu had it when i buyed it. strange huh?but good) on my computer and im gonna start a swedish design page for all designers.
Im gonna have a forum, and a place there u can send you pictures to me so i can upload them to the page! So, i hope i will get some visiters. Cool Laughing Wink
Coclus
Yeah, I also love photoshop. I think there are so many different things one can do that nobody can fully use all opinions. I'm a great fan of fun pictures you can easily produce using photoshop! If you have although Adobe Image Ready you have the possibility to animate something.. really great. I use it also for special effects in my movie clips. It`s amazingly good, I`afraid I've not found a program like that for working on clips and movies.
Kyoushu
Well, I don't really know what you mean by addicted, but I do use it alot for many things. When designing a website I will always use Adobe Photoshop and for coloring things and drawing. When I first got adobe CS I started reading tutorials on it and it was all I really did. But now that I know all I need to know, I just use it for when I need it. Very Happy
mailforhari
Hi everybody,

I am a new user to this forum. Found a thread about photoshop here. I am also using photoshop 7.0 to create some banners and logos. But I have not worked on animated gif formats. Can anybody tell me how to create animated images using photoshop? Hope I am clear. Something like this: Embarassed

Thanking you in advance,
Lychee
BIIIIIG Photoshop fan!!!
I'm also addicted to my CS2!

AND:::
I couln't live without it Wink

BUT:::
The PS version I liked the most is PS7!
It worked faster than CS2 and was eating less ressources!

@mailforhari

You need the program ImageReady...
It''s included since Version 7.0!
Look at this Tutorial if you want to know how to animate gifs...
http://user.fundy.net/morris/?photoshop12.shtml
JayDoubleM
yeah same here, I couldnt live without photoshop...i am currently using the CS Version, I believe theres nothing i cant do with it...
I first started using it when the 5.5 version was out, from then on I started to do everything with it, web graphics, retouching pictures, montages etc... I love it!
staticflow
Let me start with "Photoshop is legendary!"

I use Photoshop CS 2 and boy is it awesome, I started using Photoshop 7 about two years ago and i feel like i've learn't so much since the beginings but the sheer enormity of the program has me convinced that it will take me many more years to know the majority of its uses. The constant updates every several months is great also, I love smart objects, great for buttons when designing websites.

I'm currently taking a digital media course and we learnt how to make an interactive room in three dimensions in photoshop and imageready and output it as an html file, great but large filesize. learnt how to make wood textures, sphere's and countless other stuff.

If anyone want's to strt fooling around with photoshop try and use some of the filters, namely, add noise, motion blur and twirl,in that order and you can get some woody looking stuff, just trust your eyes.
Your-Nemesis
I just got Photoshop the other day (how I got it isn't important) but it seems pretty daunting. Does anyone know any good tutorials or things to help me get started?
staticflow
Your-Nemesis wrote:
I just got Photoshop the other day (how I got it isn't important) but it seems pretty daunting. Does anyone know any good tutorials or things to help me get started?

You might want to try these, there are some good techniques taught
Code:
 <a href="http://www.adesdesign.net/php/adesAward.php" target="_blank">here<a />

that's all i got for now bud, i'm sure google will pull some good results though.
good luck buddy.
staticflow
woops, didn't think "code" was for that... well, didn't think really.
here's the link again http://www.adesdesign.net/php/adesAward.php

just a little shameless self promotion:

www.staticflowx.com

it's a week old today.
tony
i prefer gimp over photoshop cs2...

http://gimp.org
TSpiralP
photoshop is probably the only image/graphics software i use now. its liek the best
DEViANCE
TSpiralP wrote:
photoshop is probably the only image/graphics software i use now. its liek the best

exectly.
just like me
Wink
varun_dodla
What else can be said about it other than "Photoshop is the best"......count me in as a photoshop addict.....I juz love working for hours together with it. I use photoshop 7.
Sadly, Sad i haven't used it for more than a month now coz in Infosys you have to undergo S/W training at a hostel.