FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do i use FTP?

Dj Redrum
Can somebody help me, at the moment i need to upload some files into my download section of my site, but im unsure how and what i need to do it as i've never done it before do i use the FTP to upload them?
Daniel15
Dj Redrum wrote:
Can somebody help me, at the moment i need to upload some files into my download section of my site, but im unsure how and what i need to do it as i've never done it before do i use the FTP to upload them?

Well, firstly, are you using a script such as MKPortal or phpNuke? If so, they usually have an admin panel that allows you to add downloads. If you can't find an option in the admin panel, it's probably on the download page itself (an 'Add Download' button).

Please post the name of the script you use, and we'll be able to help you with it Smile
drpiga
If you see a directory called "public_html" you will need to double click on the directory name. You will now be in the directory that holds your files that people can see on the web.

You may already have an "index.html" file here, or you may have nothing at all. Either way, you can start sending your files to yur server.

To begin, go over to the left frame of your ftp software. This is a listing of the files on your computer. Now, you must navigate to the directory where you have the files you want to send. . If you need to go to another drive (such as a disk drive), scroll to the bottom of the file names. You will then see a:\, d:\, etc. Select the drive you need to go to and double click it. You will now get a new list of directories and files. Just keep changing directories until you get to the right place, which will list the files you want to send.
Now just select the file you wish to send, and click on the right arrow in the middle of the screen. (see photo above). This will send your file to the web server, and you will be able to go view it in your web browser!
hyhy
First of all install some ftp software, try google.com. I used Windows commander. Then you fill in the informations about the server, connect, and all done!