FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Million Dollar Comic Book.... No Literally!

Where do you stand on this, "Million-Dollar-Comic-Book."
That's rediculous!
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Time to raid Granpa's attack!
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

haydenharasta
That's right ladies and gents, a comic book just sold for 1 million dollars at a private auction. Which comic book you ask? Action Comics #1. The first appearence of Superman! I was pretty shocked that a single comic could pull itself in that much money, but hey, congradulations to the seller! What do you think about this? Let me know by the poll, or reply if you like! Thanks again, and as always...HH...
LukeakaDanish
I love comics, and spend at least half an hour every day reading webcomics, however im no purist so i votes "ridiculous" because...jesus christ those 1M could have been used in a better way Very Happy

- like donating them to me Very Happy
haydenharasta
Hey where do you read your webcomics? You know reading webcomics kinda puts the publisher out...
LukeakaDanish
I konw webcomics give normal comics a hard time but perhaps thats a sign that normal comics should be thinking more inventively - garfield, as an example, has become a webcomic aswell, and are having succes with that.

Webcomics:

Megatokyo
Questionable Content
Least i could do
CTRL-ALT-DEL
Dorctor mcNinja
Kristy versus the zombie army
Scory Go Round

And many more...

enjoy:D
eku53ru
Wow, that's a pretty hasty sum. I envy both of the people - the one receiving the million dollars, and the one that gave it away. After all, who wouldn't want a million bucks? XD

That guy must've been very devoted to comics; otherwise he wouldn't have spent so much on one issue. I am a fan of comics myself (webcomics and manga, though the only webcomics I follow now are Saturnalia, MegaTokyo, and Tsunami Channel), but I have yet to spend that much on the books. I may have broken a thousand dollars some while back, though.
Scaramanga
Can the OP post a link to this mysterious auction, because I find no mention of it anywhere, other than the fact that DC itself was offering $1mil for a Mint/Near Mint copy of the title. I also know that Nic Cage sold off his million dollar collection of comics (which included an Action Comics #1.) The thing is, the most I've ever seen an AC #1 go for is a couple hundred thousand, which is a far cry from a million dollars. Although, since there are thought to only be about 100 of these books in existence, and finding a near mint copy is probably well-nigh impossible, a cool million might not be that big of a sum after all.
OtakuBoi
1 - Superman is probably the most famous/first superhero
2 - It's probably one of the first comics of the 'best' comic series
3 - There are things that are more worthless that have been sold for billions

(For Example, eminems old 1 bedroom ghetto apartment with cracked walls moldy ceilings and no flooring, that was sold for billions)

But the very first superman is a collectable Rolling Eyes