FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

McDonald's - "So what if you've sold 50 Billion Patties

Where do you stand on McDonald's 50 Billion Burger Statement
It doesn't bother me...
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Poor Cows!
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Do I look fat?
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

haydenharasta
Driving by a McDonald's one might think, "Wow! They've sold 50 Billion Patties!" But to most of us, it isn't really the impressing see.

Rather, "Wow! There's a lot of Hamburger's out there... Are there even 50 billion cows on the face of the Earth? Or are they stealing old people?" But when it all winds down, and we step up that McDonald's higly-paid Cashier, and say, "I'll Take one."

Where do you stand on the McDonald's Hunger Craze? And their desire to tell us? - Thanks again all... HH...
RhysAndrews
Even though I will, on occasion, go for a Big Mac; I think McDonalds is a major cause for the world-obesity-crisis. And, I enjoy healthy home-made burgers so much more than the sloppy greasy things at Maccas. Really, I think mashing up mince, cookin it, and sticking it (with lettuce and tomato and a slice of cheese) inside a burger bun tastes much nicer.

-Rhys
The Conspirator
Keep in mind that McDonald's has been around since the 50's.
McDonald's, feeding gluttons for 50 years.
Traveller
It's a simple, basic advertising method called "the bandwagon technique." One says, "Look how many people are on the bandwagon," with the implication that those people are either right, or better in some way. Of course, the goal is to have other people say, "Wow! All those other people must know something - I should eat there, too."

The same principle is also behind one of the GEICO gecko commercial: "Then he's like, 'Three million, why wasn't I invited?'" etc.

You'll see the same technique used in politics, as well, whether it's "Look at all the people who signed this petition," or "The President's approval rating is really low; therefore, he must be doing something wrong."

The important thing is to recognize that the premises do not necessarily support the conclusion, and that one should not base one's own decisions upon such premises, but upon careful consideration of facts. In this case, the facts would show that the quantity of burgers sold is not the number of people served, and that many people (myself included) prefer other burgers over McDonald's (which discussion is already in another topic, so don't chime in with that here) or other food over burgers.

Thus, even supposing the majority of people in the country happen to like McDonald's, the majority doesn't make something right - only the most popular.
alkady
^ That Bandwaging trick really isnt impressive in my opinion. In Canada there is a computer store MDG, And they claim to have sold over 1 Million computers in Canada on their flyers. Thats 1 MDG Computer for Every 37 Canadians. But the problem is even Dell Claims the very same thing.
They claim that consumers voted Dell as their Favorite Manufacturer.

Complete Bull if you think about it, Dell or MDG, Its still the same thing. It's not like Computers are unique everytime they are built.

Plus McDonald Patties are disgusting, You just dont know what they put in it. For the Chicken Burger they apparantly add the feets ect.
horseatingweeds
Yah, ummmmm…

I’d like a McSaturated fat with a large cholesterol, a five piece McTransfat, a side salad with extra cheese and two dressings and a DIET coke.

And lets get that hot fudge Sunday too.

OK, that will be Cardiovascular disease, pull up to the next window.
Traveller
horseatingweeds wrote:
Yah, ummmmm…

I’d like a McSaturated fat with a large cholesterol, a five piece McTransfat, a side salad with extra cheese and two dressings and a DIET coke.

And lets get that hot fudge Sunday too.

OK, that will be Cardiovascular disease, pull up to the next window.

As Steve Martin said almost 30 years ago:

Quote:
They use the same vat of grease for everything at McDonald's.

[sound effect implying scooping] "Big Mac"

[sound effect] "Large fries"

[sound effect] "Vanilla shake"

[sound effect] "Here's your change. Thank you.
frozenhead
Well, it's in indeed a multi-billion franchise over the past years.

I only buy their fries though. Wink