FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Throwing

dz9c
I am a really good thrower, however Im not a strong person. All my friends notice my throwing ability, including family. Im a good thrower so people think Im strong but Im really not...Im pretty weak. I was wondering how this could be? I used to play a game called Wall Ball (other name: Off the Wall) and I guess that gave me a good throwing arm but however Im not strong. So what makes a person throw good but yet be weak? Is it just certain muscles? If so which muscles are involved when throwing?
Any feedback greatly appreciated!
trilogy456
I have a mini-dautsan (is it pronounced the same as the truck?) and he is very protective. He doesn't attack anything but will bark at anything he doesn't recognized that comes close to the house. We didn't train him this way but he was trained this way by another person. The saying you can't teach an old dog new trick is true in the reverse way. I mean I can't teach him how to not do something he's already learned because then it would be teaching him something new. He has also had a seizure problem. Anyone else experience that? I bet it is a probelm with that breed because I don't think they live long and always have a high pulse rate.
dz9c
trilogy456 wrote:
I have a mini-dautsan (is it pronounced the same as the truck?) and he is very protective. He doesn't attack anything but will bark at anything he doesn't recognized that comes close to the house. We didn't train him this way but he was trained this way by another person. The saying you can't teach an old dog new trick is true in the reverse way. I mean I can't teach him how to not do something he's already learned because then it would be teaching him something new. He has also had a seizure problem. Anyone else experience that? I bet it is a probelm with that breed because I don't think they live long and always have a high pulse rate.

I have no idea what this has to do with the topic...but ok. Neutral
trilogy456
dz9c wrote:
I am a really good thrower, however Im not a strong person. All my friends notice my throwing ability, including family. Im a good thrower so people think Im strong but Im really not...Im pretty weak. I was wondering how this could be? I used to play a game called Wall Ball (other name: Off the Wall) and I guess that gave me a good throwing arm but however Im not strong. So what makes a person throw good but yet be weak? Is it just certain muscles? If so which muscles are involved when throwing?
Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Rotating the hips, like in golf, can get you to throw very hard and fast. Moving your weight around from one extreme to another can get you to throw or hit a ball very far with very little effort. It's a quick snap movement and then all your body weight follows through. F=MA force equal mass times acceleration.
bluedragon
I used to throw shotput and discus for track and field in junior high school. Those were the good ol' days. Nowadays I just play volleyball. Mmm...volleyball. Tossing, hitting, spiking. Better than throwing. Smile
sugarbox
Have you ever throw some precious things? <like g/b friend>