FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are alcoholic drinks gender specific??

S3nd K3ys
I like B-52's but my friend says they're a 'chick dring'. (Khaluha, Baileys and Grand Marinare on ice)
kronso.23
Despite what people say, I will drink smirnoff ice's even though it is considered chick beer... It tastes good, and you can't deny that. I still drink normal beer but that doesn't make me any less of a man. I think whoever realizes that has more nads than guys who are afraid to drink "chick beer" for being chastised.
FerSx
Hmm ho cares alcohol its alcohol… Anxious

Well actually Smirnoff are chicks beer, but yeah they taste good so grab one or too and have some fun. Razz
SusieSmacktard
I wouldn't say drinks are "gender specific". I enjoy drinking lots of microbrews, and I'm a girl. Even though I don't usually see other girls at the bar drinking what I'm drinking. I guess everyone's individual palate is different.
meet in rio
I swear it's societal and not a natural male/female thing. A few guys I've talked to have confessed to forcing themselves to like beer because it's seen as a 'guy thing'.

Disgressing a little, Smirnoff ice annoys me. In a half-drunk, morning-after state I actually drank a bottle because I felt dehydrated and it tasted exactly like refreshing lemonade. Bad move. Alcoholic drinks should taste of alcohol.
HoboPelican
meet in rio wrote:
Disgressing a little, Smirnoff ice annoys me. In a half-drunk, morning-after state I actually drank a bottle because I felt dehydrated and it tasted exactly like refreshing lemonade. Bad move. Alcoholic drinks should taste of alcohol.

That is soooo sad, but I can't help laughing. Embarassed

Back to the topic, I think people who have sexual role issues might say that there are chick drinks and guy drinks. But I say it's a personal choice. Whatever tastes good, drink it.

(except Smirnoff Ice in the morning, apparently Laughing )
Thatguy
Beer (seen as a man's drink) has less alcohol than most mixed drinks (seen as a women's drink). I don't get how consuming a drink containing 3x the alcohol is more girly than beer. Those alcopops are also the same strength as a beer, but actually taste good.

Myself, I stick with the vodka and Jager.
alkady
Since when was booze Gender Specific? This is new to me. My friend's Father has a mini bar and always enjoys a well shaken martini and that looks like a girl drink.

I myself enjoy C0cktails like the Mary or Ceasar and that also looks girly.
scotty
The drinks aren't gender specific, the sterotype is. Beer is manly. There is nothing else to it. Doesn't taste as good as other drinks in my opinion but it's still nice.
Jaiye
Appletini anybody? That's totally not stereotyped as a gay drink.... =p
HoboPelican
Jaiye wrote:

Gay? Confused dang, another drink I have to give up because people think it's to posh Wink I wish people would stop thinking Laughing
Jaiye
HoboPelican wrote:
Jaiye wrote:

Gay? Confused dang, another drink I have to give up because people think it's to posh Wink I wish people would stop thinking Laughing

well, I get all my worldly information from the TV show 'Scrubs', soo.... your call
HoboPelican
Jaiye wrote:

well, I get all my worldly information from the TV show 'Scrubs', soo.... your call

One of the best shows on TV Laughing
If it works for JD, it's good enough for me....
Code of Ruin
I don't really think drinks are gender specific. Maybe it's like always that when one girl/boy says a drink is nice, they all start drinking it.
hyhy
S3nd K3ys wrote:
I like B-52's but my friend says they're a 'chick dring'. (Khaluha, Baileys and Grand Marinare on ice)

Hell yeah typical girls drinks. Laughing

Real men drink 90% spirytus! Laughing
Kaneda
All depends on the time and the culture. After having been a part time bartender for some time, there's pretty much not a single drink I haven't heard described as "girly". It has nothing to do with contents or taste.

• The original Singapore Sling (nothing to do with the current one) is girly because there's not that much alcohol in it, and it tastes exactly like that. Douglas Fairbanks and Joseph Conrad didn't agree.
  • A Long Island or Tokyo Iced Tea (or any other variety) is girly because there's plenty of alcohol in it, but you can't taste it.
  • The dreaded Cosmopolitan (4 parts citrus vodka, 1.5 part Cointreau, 1 part lime juice, 2 parts cranberry juice) has lots of alcohol in it, and you can taste it. It's girly because it's pink, and it was in Sex and the City.
  • The Mojito dragged the Caipirinha with it, in spite of both having a relatively high alcohol content - simply because they both became very popular, they're both girly.
  • The Mai Tai has lots of rum, a bit of curacao and a tiny bit of lime juice and orgeat. It's still girly, because it calls for lots of garnish.
  • The B-52 I would guess is girly because it only has a variety of liqueurs in it - no strong base spirit.
  • The Daiquiri is girly, because Marlene Dietrich loved it. Ernest Hemingway did too, but he was probably a closet homosexual.
  • GG (gin, Midori, Blue Curacao, lemon juice and ginger ale) is girly because it has ginger ale in it, and Ginger is a girl's name (also, it's too colourful to be for a guy, blue curacao is always a sign of girlishness danger. Midori no less).
  • Sex on the Beach is girly because of the fruity taste, and the large amount of juices used. And because of the name. Guys would never have sex on a beach.
  • The Zombie is girly, in spite of 80% rum, along with three other rum varieties, again because of the fruity taste, and the idea that it's too complex for a guy's palate.
  • Any drink whatsoever that has only a strong base spirit + some non-alcoholic beverage is girly - even if you add a single liqueur - because it's (apparently) not complex enough for a guy's palate. This includes Tequila Sunrise, Screwdriver, Cuba Libre, Blue Lagoon, Gin and Tonic, and countless other newer mixes.
  • Any drink where you use Bombay Sapphire gin used to be girly, because Bombay Sapphire was too "trendy" for its own good.
  • Any American beer is girly, because it's "******* close to water".
  • Any Danish beer is girly, because it's not adventurous (for a Dane).
  • Wine is girly, because it's not beer.
  • Mixed drinks in general are girly, for the same reason.
  • The Dry Martini these days is pretty close to pure gin, but it's girly, mainly due to the shape of a martini glass, and its association with high society. Of course, the Dry Martini didn't get less girly when James Bond screwed it up completely and spread his bad taste to the public. I'll live with the vodkatini, but shaken? Never. Gin + vermouth shaken is not a Dry Martini. It's a Bradford. It's diluted with more water, and tries to hide the gin. That's girly Wink

In short, guys drink import beer. Except that's a bit too fancy pants and girly, isn't it?

Drink whatever you like Wink
Jaiye
Rum and coke though, there's a good solid manly drink.

The ingredients make it simple enough to be manly, but the carbonation adds the extra kick to seal the manly deal. Ultimate guys drink?
HoboPelican
Jaiye wrote:
Rum and coke though, there's a good solid manly drink.

The ingredients make it simple enough to be manly, but the carbonation adds the extra kick to seal the manly deal. Ultimate guys drink?

If there has to be a man's drink ( and I don't think there is), there is only one choice.....

Boilermakers
Jaiye
alright... you got me on that one. haven't had it, but it does sound intense. especially the 'depth charge'.

maybe a bit too manly for me even.....
HoboPelican
Jaiye wrote:
alright... you got me on that one. haven't had it, but it does sound intense. especially the 'depth charge'.

maybe a bit too manly for me even.....

Wink messy,too. I like a shot with a beer chaser. Same alcohol, no mess! Wink
driftingfe3s
Why do guy's drinks taste nasty? Seriously some stuff just taste like gasoline. Eventually you've become use to drinking and you don't care how it taste, so I guess in the end it dosen't matter.
intekmdma
kronso.23 wrote:
Despite what people say, I will drink smirnoff ice's even though it is considered chick beer... It tastes good, and you can't deny that. I still drink normal beer but that doesn't make me any less of a man. I think whoever realizes that has more nads than guys who are afraid to drink "chick beer" for being chastised.

I'm going to have to agree with you there. I don't think it at all, but i agree it's pretty much a beer also. If I remember, the percentages should be pretty close to regular beer (not 211 or OE)
Sappho
Vodka or Absinth, but here its deffinitely not gender related, most ppl i know drink those and who cares what kind of drink it is, its just to get you into mood and have fun, not to philosophy about drinks being girly or manly or whatever. Smile Even thou i drink rarely these days, maybe its a new wave? Smile
dac_nip
i don't think that's an issue.. a wine is still a wine and it can taken by anyone. There's no such restriction with regards to the gender when drinking a wine. so technically speaking.. its not gender speific
CMA
People teld to think that softer/sweeter drinks are girly, but it's all a matter of personal taste. I'm a guy, and I can grab an Eristoff Ice as quickly as I would grab a mug of beer, a Screwdriver or a Dead Raiser. Likewise, I know other guys and girls with a lot of different tastes, but it never made them any less of a man or woman.

...On second thought, I'm not such a huge fan of beer. It doesn't taste that good and fills you up quickly. I usually go for stronger stuff, or otherwise stuff that taste good.

Anyway, drinks are NOT gender-specific, in my point of view.
edallica
yeah its like bacardi breezers, they are a total girl drink. xcept when you drink 4 at one time through straws....then you are just dead.
Soulfire
I guess it doesn't matter, it's just a personal preference.
haak_heu
Alcohol ..what to say ...
It is a drug ... it is a piosan ..medically it effects more in female but
as male are using alot male are effected alot

It makes person mad
It produces liver cirrhosis
It produce malnutrision
It damages intestine

It has thousand and thousand of bad even worst effects ...

It is buying death with money

So , it is worst for both gender
Jaiye
haak_heu wrote:
Alcohol ..what to say ...
It is a drug ... it is a piosan ..medically it effects more in female but
as male are using alot male are effected alot

It makes person mad
It produces liver cirrhosis
It produce malnutrision
It damages intestine

It has thousand and thousand of bad even worst effects ...

It is buying death with money

So , it is worst for both gender

alcohol is not a drug. alcohol is a chemical category unto itself.

it doesn't make people mad. actually, it quite relaxes me. if your mentally unstable and alcohol increases that, then you obviously have deeper problems then just the drinking.

recent studys have found drinking coffee can prevent alcoholic cirrosis of the liver, which is also a favorite drink of mine.

it only produces malnutrition if you don't eat right to begin with

as for the intestine, yeah it damages it, but whatever.

'thousands and thousands of worse effects'? alcohol doesn't make people stupid, it make stupid people more obvious.

and the main point: there is already a thread out there asking about yout opinion on alcohol, you don't need to post that in a thread like this.
Zug Zug
There are some drinks that call to us women "Screaming orgasim on the beach", "Slippery Nipple", and one of my favorites "Irish Cream".

Also: Smirnoff Ice is soooo good!, how do the Smirnoff twists taste like? I've never had one ^_^
sharp
Society wouldnt allow 'gender specific' drinks, but how many men will buy a pink drink with an umbrella ect.. yes woman drink micro brews, also wear baseball hats and jeans w/white Tshirts, even 'wife-beaters'. Woman are more apt to sway to the male gender side for almost anything, though if a man wears pink (obv not a dress) he would think he will be considered an outcast and considered gay or w/e is on his mind...thjo some will wear, as I do myself. Im not gay jus comfortable and could careless what ppl think... thats me, im a hateful bastard.

its only gender specific in our own minds...
flexorcist
in australia we definately define some drinks as "bitch drinks"...... all premixes that aren't bourbon, rum or scotch, and most things with vodka in them... tequila sunrises (doubles) are the girliest you're allwed to have!!!
pennymellow
While drinks themselves aren't gender specific, one cannot deny that drinks appeal to different people. Girls tend to stick to "girly drinks" because they're just so darn delicious and their girlfriends are drinking them, too, so why wouldn't they? Girly drinks and cocktails are absolutely adorable and terribly chic, too.

But marketing also has a lot to do with it. Alcohol companies know when they're on to a good thing. Girly drinks are sweeter and more colourful and are nicely packaged to appeal to the feminine eye. These factors have a lot of sway, especially in an age of sensory-overload. Nowadays, if we label it a girly drink it is because it smells like fruit and has girls drinking it in the commercial. Advertising is the new devil.
Lonelygod
My personal favorite drink is three fingers of scotch on the rocks. But to be honest I'll drink almost anything. I am a fan of the sweeter 'girly' drinks when I'm in a good mood. This has caused problems for me in the past, however, because the way I dress, combined with an appletini, can make me look gay...
jajarvin
Many women seem to drink cider.