FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[OFFICIAL?] Wii!

Will you be getting a Wii?
Emphatic yes!
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Probably.
36%
 36%  [ 13 ]
Meh, if I can't afford the others.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Probably not.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Definitely not.
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Noo!!1 N1ntend0 sux!!111! Th3y r lam3 d00d!!!11
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

gothicgeek
Alright, since no one else has done this yet, I guess I will make the post for the Nintendo Wii.

Will you be buying it? What do you think of the innovative controller? What titles look good to you?

I'll change take the question mark out of [OFFICIAL?] once a Mod says its cool.
Whong
gothicgeek wrote:
What titles look good to you?

I especially look forward to titles such as Super Smash Bros Brawl, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy! Wii is really cool, and sooooo cheap compared to the other consoles! Very Happy Laughing Wink Idea
Eiken
The Wii looks great, and I know I'll be getting it as soon as I can, once it comes out, that is. I can't wait to try out Super Smash Bros Brawl, and The Legend Of Zelda:Twilight Princess, and WarioWare:Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, and a bunch of other games.
Thatguy
I will probably end up getting it one day, but not the day it comes out. I'm going to wait until there is a good selection of games. The only next-gen systems I'm even considering is this and the 360.
driftingfe3s
I would love to get a Wii. I just got a DS Lite and I love it! I'm pretty happy with what Nintendo is doing and where its heading. Sure I'd love to get a PS3 also, but I'm a student, and I don't have that kind of money. Not only is the system expensive, the games will cost more than the Wii and Xbox 360. I'm betting it will be a great system.
Jaiye
I'm planning on snagging one on release, can't wait for the new zelda and ssb
skullflower
Rolling Eyes

No way, it looks like the biggest failure in new gen consoles that I've ever seen. Sure, some hardcore nintendo fans will love, as will the overactive ten year olds. But I find it to look way lame. There's no way I'm going to be pretending to play golf with my controller. I'll stick to my analogue stick and that's all, no flailing around.
KSheriff
I think it'll do well. I'll pick up a Wii before I do a 360 or a PS3. In general, although most of the console specific games for Nintendo and youth oriented, many of them are actually very good.

Growing up, playing NES, just about everyone I watched play flailed the thing around trying to get mario across some gaping chasm. I think it's great that nintendo is actually going to incorperate some of that into actual gameplay. I truly enjoy the prospect of playing games that are both physically and mentally engaging.

As far as I'm concerned, it sounds like some good stuff; will just have to wait and see.
Whong
skullflower wrote:
Rolling Eyes

No way, it looks like the biggest failure in new gen consoles that I've ever seen. Sure, some hardcore nintendo fans will love, as will the overactive ten year olds. But I find it to look way lame. There's no way I'm going to be pretending to play golf with my controller. I'll stick to my analogue stick and that's all, no flailing around.

Well it is your choice, but I'll tell you that your going to miss something really great! And as to say that Wii is the biggest failure is going all against everything we've seen now!

Wii has already attracted such a large crowd and even Sony seems to be having a hard time to get their share of the audiences. Believe it or not, Nintendo will be the biggest success of the new gen concoles this time!!! Laughing Wink Idea
BabsUlvaWho?
YYYesss! The Nintendo Wii is being released in the UK just in time for Christmas! This has been my most anticipated console. I love the way you can control the game with the motion sensor remote.

As well as having excellent graphics and almost certain excellent gameplay, the Nintendo Wii will also be cheap...less than 200 ($370).

Who else is looking forward to Wii?
rpgmaker
I think it looks awsome. The skin for it is cool im gonna get a green one. Also the way you control the games is cool exspecially gun shooting how u reaload just like a real gun. I think this si going to be the best consle yet. I hope it releases in america soon.
FreeLancers Guild
The wii seems like an awesome system. I prefered the name "revolution" but "wii" is just as good.

The speaker in the motion-sensing controller seems like it will add a lot of realism, like the sound of a gunshot or twang of a bow.

Can't wait for Zelda!
kazikame
Personally, I'd love to play Zelda on the Wii. Using the Wiimote as a sword would be so fun! ^_^
DJSolitaire
You know what, I had pretty much given up on Nintendo after the N64 died, but the Wii will probably bring me back. And the timing couldn't be better, I mean $500 for a PS3? Come on, i love video games, but I also love making my mortgage and car payments.

Is the Wii going to be backward compatible with Gamecube games? That would be sweet if I could get caught up on some of the stuff I missed out on (FF Chronicles!!!).
kazikame
DJSolitaire wrote:
Is the Wii going to be backward compatible with Gamecube games? That would be sweet if I could get caught up on some of the stuff I missed out on (FF Chronicles!!!).

Yes, it will be. It'll also be able to download games from the NES, SNES, N64 and Sega Mega Drive (AKA Genesis in the US) for a small charge.
DJSolitaire
kazikame wrote:
DJSolitaire wrote:

Yes, it will be. It'll also be able to download games from the NES, SNES, N64 and Sega Mega Drive (AKA Genesis in the US) for a small charge.

SWEET!!! So not only will I get to see what I missed on Gamecube, but I can re-live Super Mario Bros. 3, the entire Mario Kart series, Ocarina of Time, Gradius, Life Force, R-Type, Contra <drool>...

Is Gamestop taking reservations yet? Screw it, I'm checking right now...
Shadow03
Before, I thought that Wii was garbage. And I still do. PS3 and 360 kill it. However, I'm sure that Wii is the funnest system of them all. But the graphics suck and I heard the gameplay is horrible. But that's just my opinion. The games like Metroid and Smash Bros. look nice and I like the idea that you can download games from the previous nintendo systems. So I will give Wii some credit. But the worst of all was the name. Come one! Nintendo Revolution was the best name out of the three. But they killed it. I will probably buy it to test it out and I will enjoy i, but I nod my head everytime I see the system. but once again, this is my opinion so if you guys like the system, I won't try and stop you.

EDIT: Wii would be good for an online Megaman Battle Network! No, it would be perfect. I hope nintendo thinks so.
Hanpusu-kun
I will / must have a Wii on releaseday in Sweden.
Oh, the pleasure <3

How many games? 1-3 maybe
Controllers? 2
Extra accesory? I must have an original controller
Hanpusu-kun
Pardon, but this is like the 3, or 4th thread about the same thing =/?
Could you please hold you to ONE thread instead of fourhundred?
,___,

oh im such a crybaby
Knoeki
The Wii will be wicked awsome! and cheap too!

According to the dutch Nintendo magizine [N]Gamer, it will be less than 200!
I don't give much about the Virtiual Console, Because I collect those old systems and games. IMHO, emulation sucks. Original hardware is better most of the time.

also, does anyone know if Nintendo will make support for the WiFi dongle on the Mac?

/knoeki
Fire Boar
Shadow03 wrote:
Before, I thought that Wii was garbage. And I still do. PS3 and 360 kill it. However, I'm sure that Wii is the funnest system of them all. But the graphics suck and I heard the gameplay is horrible. But that's just my opinion. The games like Metroid and Smash Bros. look nice and I like the idea that you can download games from the previous nintendo systems. So I will give Wii some credit. But the worst of all was the name. Come one! Nintendo Revolution was the best name out of the three. But they killed it. I will probably buy it to test it out and I will enjoy i, but I nod my head everytime I see the system. but once again, this is my opinion so if you guys like the system, I won't try and stop you.

EDIT: Wii would be good for an online Megaman Battle Network! No, it would be perfect. I hope nintendo thinks so.

Umm... what? You think the Wii is garbage, yet you also think it will be one of the funnest system of all? Shocked What do you define as awesome, then, if not the fun factor? And to say "PS3 and 360 kill it" when neither the PS3 nor the Wii are out yet? That's presumption, not fact.
nilsmo
I like the name. Smile
Whong
Wii is super cool, but man if the price tag is 350$ it is quite expensive.

It was supposed to be under 200$

Bad thing
carlospro7
The console and the whole system looks pretty amazing and I am looking forward to it. I just hope is not a disappointing to all of who cant wait. I read it is supposed to be under $200. I hope that is true...
Kelcey
Whong wrote:

Bad thing

Nintendo has said it will be no more than 250.
PhoenixFire
Psh, the control system for the Wii is innovative, yes, but is it really practical? I for one don't want to get that into my games that I have to flail around to get things to happen. Also, I thought Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was going to be a Gamecube release. I get Nintendo Power, but I don't remember seeing anything about which system it would be released on. Anyway, I'm going to stick with my Gamecube and use it mainly for Super Smash Bros. Melee. I'm more loyal to PS2 and PC anyway. Very Happy
Kelcey
PhoenixFire wrote:
Psh, the control system for the Wii is innovative, yes, but is it really practical? I for one don't want to get that into my games that I have to flail around to get things to happen. Also, I thought Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was going to be a Gamecube release. I get Nintendo Power, but I don't remember seeing anything about which system it would be released on. Anyway, I'm going to stick with my Gamecube and use it mainly for Super Smash Bros. Melee. I'm more loyal to PS2 and PC anyway. Very Happy

Why does everyone think you're gonan be flailing your arm around like a complete goof for every Wii game? There's no sword fighting with the Wii controller (in that sense) as far as Twilight Princess is concerned. Keep an open mind to it and while I'm not sure if I'll get it yet, I'm definitely glad Nintendo is trying it.

skullflower wrote:
Rolling Eyes

It's cool if you don't want to, but I wouldn't decimate the Wii audience down to some overactive 10 year olds and nintendo fans. While nothing is absolute, I'd put money on it being the highest selling console. Under this gen, that does not mean it's the "winner" as it's essentially different technology compared to the PS3 and 360. If the PS3 and 360 lose games to Nintendo, then I'll declare it the winner.

Whong wrote:

Wii has already attracted such a large crowd and even Sony seems to be having a hard time to get their share of the audiences. Believe it or not, Nintendo will be the biggest success of the new gen concoles this time!!! Laughing Wink Idea

haha, let's hope you're right for the sake of being right. It'd be a shame to exhibit all this Nintendo support for it to only crumble Razz (Not that it will... just saying that if that was the case it wouldn't be good for you, haha).
Whong
Kelcey wrote:
Whong wrote:

Bad thing

OK, well that's good!

Thanks for the info Kelcey! Wink
Kelcey
Whong wrote:
Kelcey wrote:
Whong wrote:

Bad thing

OK, well that's good!

Yeah seriously though... this sounds scary. Sony went to the "it won't be less than $XXX." I seriously hope Nintendo doesn't pull a 2 version thing like Sony and Microsoft did... Though I do feel like the "crippled" PS3 isn't nearly as crippled as the "crippled" 360. Then again, that comes in at an extra 100. Nonetheless, 250 < 300 (crippled 360) < 400 (uncrippled 360) < 500 (crippled ps3) < 600 (uncrippled ps).
Whong
Kelcey wrote:
Whong wrote:
Kelcey wrote:
Whong wrote:

Bad thing

OK, well that's good!

Yeah seriously though... this sounds scary. Sony went to the "it won't be less than $XXX." I seriously hope Nintendo doesn't pull a 2 version thing like Sony and Microsoft did... Though I do feel like the "crippled" PS3 isn't nearly as crippled as the "crippled" 360. Then again, that comes in at an extra 100. Nonetheless, 250 < 300 (crippled 360) < 400 (uncrippled 360) < 500 (crippled ps3) < 600 (uncrippled ps).

Yeah I really hope so too that there would only come one version. I think that only one would come since Wii doesn't use a hard-disk to store data. It has 512Mb stored in flash memory, so I doubt that Nintendo would do a thing like that as to putting too consoles on the market.

We shall hope so! Wink Idea
polly-gone
If you Google Nintendo Wii you might come up with some funny videos like one that starts out as a Nintendo Wii trailer, then it cuts to a boy playing it and his mom yells up "Honey come down here for dinner" and the boy answers: "Mom, I can't i am playing with my Wii." It is halrious!
gothicgeek
PhoenixFire wrote:

It's being released for both consoles on the Wii's launch date.
PhoenixFire
gothicgeek wrote:
It's being released for both consoles on the Wii's launch date.

Thank God. I don't want to have to shell out the cash for a Wii just to get that game. It looks like a sweet game. From what I've seen, the graphics are excellent and the gameplay is just as good.
Whong
The Wii version will have better control ability. You can control it with the Wii remote, but the Game Cube version can be controled only with the normal controler!
shoes22
I actually think for the first time Nintendo may be hitting on some fresh ground with the Wii. Of course, it has a pretty lame name, but the system looks very intuitive, not to mention damn fun! I can't wait to play the biggest heralded game for the system:

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL

Notice the extreme detail in the game, you can even see the stitches in Mario's pants. Also the polygonal rendering looks much better, you get more smoother, clay-like characters.
SilverDogg
shoes22 wrote:
Notice the extreme detail in the game, you can even see the stitches in Mario's pants. Also the polygonal rendering looks much better, you get more smoother, clay-like characters.

i was amazed with that. when i first saw ssbm i thought the exact same thing. "wow, this looks absolutely stunning", and i couldnt stop looking at mario and his details. and they did it even better now! me-sa wants ssbb badly!
Vanilla
There was a time... When Sega and Nintendo were enemies. Well, I'm still a Sega fan, and I really want a Wii. I just want it because of some rumours about a new NiGHTS game, and to play the new Sonic games, course!
Kelcey
Whong wrote:
Kelcey wrote:
Whong wrote:
Kelcey wrote:
Whong wrote:

Bad thing

OK, well that's good!

Yeah I really hope so too that there would only come one version. I think that only one would come since Wii doesn't use a hard-disk to store data. It has 512Mb stored in flash memory, so I doubt that Nintendo would do a thing like that as to putting too consoles on the market.

We shall hope so! Wink Idea

If Nintendo is thinking of pulling off something like the 360 (downloading game demos) has done with xbox live, 512 megs won't be enough. I believe there was a rumor of people being able to attach external hard drives via usb. But yes, one system... please don't be like Sony and MS... the idea was stupider for MS since it does cripple the users while the Sony one doesn't. But Sony is still moronic for doing it.
Whong
Kelcey wrote:
If Nintendo is thinking of pulling off something like the 360 (downloading game demos) has done with xbox live, 512 megs won't be enough. I believe there was a rumor of people being able to attach external hard drives via usb.

That is a really good point there Kelcey! Because at least you will be able to download old NES SNES and N64 games, so you will need much more space than just 500Mb. It was told that you can add a flash memory card into one slot so that would give a bit more memory, but it still won't come much. Nintendo should put more internal memory into the console!
izimngcubes15
gothicgeek wrote:
Alright, since no one else has done this yet, I guess I will make the post for the Nintendo Wii.

Will you be buying it? What do you think of the innovative controller? What titles look good to you?

I'll change take the question mark out of [OFFICIAL?] once a Mod says its cool.

Again, I have tried to do so, but seems that making a topic won't work for me, anyway, I am getting a Wii, it's really cool and innovative!
Einsland
If you don't get the Wii your a communist! (j/k)
But it's hard not to love the Wii, it's the only system that really forces you to get off your arse and move. That and the games own the 360. Razz
Whong
Einsland wrote:
If you don't get the Wii your a communist! (j/k)
But it's hard not to love the Wii, it's the only system that really forces you to get off your arse and move.

Yeah! Thats very important to get people to move. People who only play soon loose their interest in sports because they become lazy! Wii is great way of making people move a bit more than just moving their tumbs! Wink Idea
Hanpusu-kun
SilverDogg wrote:

i was amazed with that. when i first saw ssbm i thought the exact same thing. "wow, this looks absolutely stunning", and i couldnt stop looking at mario and his details. and they did it even better now! me-sa wants ssbb badly!

Yeah, i remebered when i played SSBM for the first time and tought "OMG, these are awesome character graphics!" and now its even better O_O

SSBB <3
Whong
Hanpusu-kun wrote:
SilverDogg wrote:

Yeah, i remebered when i played SSBM for the first time and tought "OMG, these are awesome character graphics!" and now its even better O_O

SSBB <3

Yeah! And just think what kind it will be when the next SSB comes, I mean after SSBB!

It is hard to imagine how good that will look! Idea
SilverDogg
will most definetly get a wii. seriously, who can resist games like zelda, smash bros and mario? nobody, thats who! =O

i hope i can get enough money to buy at least one extra controller, and 3-4 games. *keeps hoping*
Egmond
If i'd buy a console, i'd definitely choose the Wii...

I have a PC so i don't need any console, they usually have almost the same games :S

But the Wii -- WOW! It looks great to play with those remote-controls, it really has to offer something special!

But still -- i'll wait for reviews and comments from friends before i buy such a thing... It might be hopeless stuff with that 200 on hardware :S
Whong
But it is very powerfull though it doesn't come close to Xbox360 and PS3. It is still way better than GameCube and will defenately attract a lot of attention! Wink

I'll be getting one and will certanly get the Zelda, Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Galaxy! Wink Idea
Whong
What else do you know about Wii?

Do the controlers use batteries or do they have recharge thing?

I don't know if it is true but I heard that they were planing on putting Blaziken as a playable character into SSBB. Has anyone else heard of this?

Have there been any character updates on SSBB?
Saryon
I can't wait to play The Legend of Zelda on it, that must be so awesome. Slashing with your swordlike controller Very Happy
Zelda is one of the main reasons I'm going to get this Wii.
Biggest reason up to now is of course the new controller Very Happy
Fire Boar
Zelda for me... I'm getting the Gamecube one. Twilight Princess has always been for me a Gamecube title and, although I am getting a Wii, I think it will always be in my eyes "the last Gamecube Zelda". And what better way to celebrate that than get it on the Gamecube? Also the Wii control might be a Wii bit fiddly. (Very punny...)
Egmond
Hmm, everyone seems to buy this console just for Zelda... Aren't there any other games coming? I won't spend 250 just for the Zelda game !
RoughitforGreen247
I am definitely for this system. The industry as a whole is headed for extinction if the stress on innovation that made it amazing in the early days doesn't resurface. I don't care how good the graphics are, I am not going to be happy playing Madden 2034 and Halo 18 in 25 years. I love what Nintendo did with the DS, and I love where the Wii is going.
chrismen
Wow, I didn't even know that nintendo had announced a new system. Sounds pretty cool, but I won't get it - that money needs to go towards my rent Wink
7Pound7
what the heck is a nintendo wii ??
And who thinks I am interested in such a thing.
Wii= warcarft 2. Love that game by the way
glory to pc-games, trash all consoles

7Pound7
Whong
7Pound7 wrote:
what the heck is a nintendo wii ??
And who thinks I am interested in such a thing.
Wii= warcarft 2. Love that game by the way
glory to pc-games, trash all consoles

7Pound7

Don't you know what a Nintendo Wii is? It is the most cool console that is coming this year! Very Happy

It is so cool, you've gotta buy it, so many great games are coming for it, like SSBB, SMG(Super Mario Galaxy)TLoZTP(The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess) and many more! Wink Idea