FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Web Developer

How you rate this post ?
Best
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Good
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Normal
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

poddarweb
I am presently doing my high ranking professional course in the field of web development and web designing. Uptill now I was using FrontPage for creating website. Which editor is simple to use and gives high quality web designing ? Will somebody tell me ?

Pspoddar
magneto_ms
If you are more of a designer than a coder you might want to suggest Dreamweaver. However dreamweaver does generate its share of unwanted code though.
hyhy
poddarweb wrote:
I am presently doing my high ranking professional course in the field of web development and web designing. Uptill now I was using FrontPage for creating website. Which editor is simple to use and gives high quality web designing ? Will somebody tell me ?

Pspoddar

OMG >_< dont use front page. Lol it doesnt give high quality web designs, its obvious since it got "Microsoft" near his name. It add a lot of useless code, and doesnt teach anything. I write html codes in Arachnofilia, its not a WYSIWIG, its a kind of expanded notepad, and you can learn all html, css in no time. I assume you got the basics of those, if not download tutorial and learn!
bernardnapoleon
I'm not a professional but I use dreamweaver. well it expensive but hey whether your a coder or a designer it boast alot of great features like behaviour panel so even you dont know or even only know a bit of javascript your site would look something professionally done, ehehehhe, plus a very good reference for coders and since coldfusion and flash is made by the same company dreamvweaver co-exist with flash and coldfusion just in case you what to take your web designing to the next level. happy coding Smile
harry4265
Dreamweaver is excellent software to use to create sites Smile lots of fun too.
hyhy
harry4265 wrote:
Dreamweaver is excellent software to use to create sites Smile lots of fun too.

But it barely learn anything. U just click on table select some space and boom theres table, then u right click set some properties like color or fill and boom u have nice table. But you don't know the code, dont know how it worx, it also adds a lot of not needed code and tags, as it been said before, not professional.
brevity
My advice would be to learn what the program you're using is actually doing. If you can't view the source of a page you're viewing and at least mostly understand what it's doing, and why... Then you have no business designing websites for a living. Graphic designers are a different story, but you can't claim to be something you're not. That's just my opinion though.
Panthrowzay
its best to learn the language you use, so you can be inventive in the work place, or if the program is being incorapable, or your away from it. also learn XHTML. it makes every thing easier.
linexpert
I love dreamweaver. If you want to learn then use the coding insted of the gui.
mavahntooth
I prefer Macromedia Dreamweaver 8. It is the best for me especially in encoding php. I love it specially when your debugging large amount of website and the layout menu.
Rubbinio
Dreamweaver is the tool ......... i work as a web designer at my uinversity and tried many options but nothing comes close to Dreamweaver-Photshop-Flash comabination
beemzet
I recommend HAPEdit. Nice tool for both developemnt and designing.
If you are a PHP user, HTMLexpert is for you. I liked this program too.
andy26
i use front page which i think is very good and its quick although dreamweaver has been known to be very good for design but front page is much more organised
marcmgeronimo
It's always been Dreamweaver and not Frontpage... simply because Frontpage generates lots of "window's dependent" codes that might not run on any other browsers.

But for beginners it is advisable to learn how to code html by hand first (that is open a notepad and start typing codes) this is to give the beginner a very good grasp on html coding.
andy26
marcmgeronimo wrote:
It's always been Dreamweaver and not Frontpage... simply because Frontpage generates lots of "window's dependent" codes that might not run on any other browsers.

But for beginners it is advisable to learn how to code html by hand first (that is open a notepad and start typing codes) this is to give the beginner a very good grasp on html coding.

yea i suppose your right but front page when you get to know it you it is quite good for beginners as you have an html mode and a normal design mode making it easier to use
Eyre
Like most people are saying, use Dreamweaver. It's costly, but it's worth it. You can always use notepad, hahaha. I know a friend that still uses that and his websites are great.
andy26
Eyre wrote:
Like most people are saying, use Dreamweaver. It's costly, but it's worth it. You can always use notepad, hahaha. I know a friend that still uses that and his websites are great.

how do you actually make a website with note pad then is i mostly html or something.
kiranaghor
If u handcode everything without using any GUI tool like Dreamweaver it will help u to learn the underlying basics. Dreamweaver handles a lot of details itself. If u have a mac: try BBEdit 8 or Textwrangler (free version of BBEdit). I am sure it will also help u. If u want to go for Open source counterpart of Dreamweaver try NVU or HTML Kit (search Google 4 homepages).

Dreamweaver disappointed me when I tried using it for oswd.org n opensourcetemplates.org templates. Templates at oswd are really well coded and are according to web standards but I can't understand why Dreamweaver is unable to tender them well.

I have heard of people who develop websites using just vi editor.
andy26
iv made this page on front page and iv hosted it on my ntl free space. but as soon as i get front page file extensions updated on hee well when the admins do i will upload this site on here insted.
Ka7raK
Dreamweaver, Blue Voda and good ol' Notepad. Laughing
dylanm
The best thing to do is just use Dreamweaver in combination with notepad.
dylanm
Flash 8 is great for a banner on top of your site.
You can also use it to build preloaders or simple games with actionscripting.
But I wouldn't use it to make your whole site, that could look very ugly.
If you buy Macromedia (Uh hum, Adobe) Studio 8 you can save on Flash and Dreamweaver.
You can download the 30-day trials from
http://www.adobe.com/downloads
Ka7raK
The best thing about Dreamweaver is not the WYSIWYG because it tends to become stupid but the Recordsets and database comms. Register, login, logout and restricted acess scripts are really good and the recordsets made by Dreamweaver can save you a lot of time.
venkateshwarans
I think dreamweaver is my choice. It's advanced and easy. ANd you have lots of extensions for some extra stuff.
wmm_1
poddarweb wrote:

Pspoddar

oowhh i see...why you juast use frontpage?i easier to use dreamweaver because you can make your website by just clicking..