FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Please participate in my research.

Wynand

I am doing some research to help me with some software I am writing for accommodation establishments. Please answer all my questions by posting your answers here. All the questions have relevance for me.

How many persons are living with you?

How many of these persons use a computer in any way?

How many of these persons that uses a computer have good knowledge of how the internet works and are using the internet on a regular basis?

Where are you accessing the internet from? Home, work or other?

How fast is the internet that you are using?

When you go out of town, what kind of accommodation establishment do you make use of? Guesthouse, hotel or other? If you choose other, please specify?

How do you book your accommodation? Do you call the establishment or do you make use of an agency?
cybernie

How many of these persons that uses a computer have good knowledge of how the internet works and are using the internet on a regular basis?

Internet Cafe

Good. At 128kbps over wireless link

When you go out of town, what kind of accommodation establishment do you make use of? Guesthouse, hotel or other? If you choose other, please specify?
Hotel

How do you book your accommodation? Do you call the establishment or do you make use of an agency?

Call the establishment or ask someone to make a reservation for us / me
Vrythramax
Wynand wrote:

I am doing some research to help me with some software I am writing for accommodation establishments. Please answer all my questions by posting your answers here. All the questions have relevance for me.

3, including myself

my daughter is only 6, but she knows the basics.

all 3

that depends on the particular computer I am using.

Hotel

Most of my travel arrangements are made for my via the company I am working for.

I hope this helps Very Happy
snowboardude

home & work

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 7505 Kbps about 7.51 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)
Download Speed is:: 916 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Server 1)
Test Time:: 2006/06/16 - 9:09am
Bottom Line:: 131X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.12 sec
Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 6.531 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 316.25 % faster than the average for host (cybersurf.com)
D-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-MJX278NWT
User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) [!]

hotel

call, though booking over the internet is preferred
Blaster

Home

About 24 Mbps

Guesthouse/time share

Call the establishment.
alkady

Home

High Speed DSL

Depends, Most of the time it's a Hotel or Motel, What ever comes first. And Also if it's a family gathering for example its usually in a Guesthouse.

Depends, If the travel is by car, Its usually booked at the counter, But if its on an airline, Coach ect. Its usually with the agency.

Hopes it helps Wink
mathiaus

good knowledge: 0 / Regular user: 2

Home, College

1Mb

Hotel, B&B

Contacting the place directly
tkcy

Home

4MB. Wireless link

Hotel

Call the establishment

Here you go. Cheers! Wink
hunnyhiteshseth

Home

256kbps

Hotel

Call the establishment
Scorpio

Home

Dual ISDN 128 kibps

Hotel

Agency
jayandsilo

Home, Work, School

5 gigabits, 512?

Hotel

Call
selim06
Home
512kbps/56kb
Hotel
Call
HoboPelican
2 total

All 3

Prefer not to say... leave it at fast.

Hotel, resort, rental homes, camp, friends, family,

call establishment, usually.
CyanEyed

Home

High Speed Adsl

Don't go out

N/A
pll

Home and school often
951.70 Kbit/s at home // (high speed ADSL)

Guesthouse or hotel... depends
Internet/call

I hope to help you...
Ikthar

Home.

2Mb/s

Hotel.

By internet.
Helios

Mostly from Home or cell phone.

1.5MBit down / 128Kbit up

Hotel or staying at a friend's house.

Internet.
Lady_Star

There are 7 of us

5 of us have and use computers... the 3 and 6 year olds aren't allowed to touch them... Smile

All 5 of us do

Currently, home but I do access it from work and other places as well via a wireless laptop

Wireless home network through DSL

Typically when I go out of town I stay at a hotel or with family or friends

If I am staying at a hotel I make reservations either by phone or the internet

Good luck in your reseach
Traveller

Home

Hotel or guesthouse

It usually doesn't work that way here in Honduras. Just go where you're going and find a place.
CMA
Two.

Both of them do.

One of them is knowledgeable, the other one doesn't know quite as much, but still uses the internet daily.

Right now, at the office.

3 Mb/s.

Depends on the place and situation, but mostly hotels.

Call the establishment directly.
intekmdma

home

cable 3.0mbits

guesthouse, and hotel

use the internet[/b]
roadruner

home

1Mbit

other: don't go out of town Very Happy (i don't really travel)

look above Wink
meet in rio
The first figure is for boarding school, the second at home.

39/5

39/5

39/3

School/Home

1MB/a litte more than that

Cheap motel like Travelodge.

Book directly with the motel over the internet.
dotnet

Home

ADSL, 320Kb/sec.

Hotel, 3-4 starts

Travel agency
cfackler
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

all 3 use it on a regular basis, I would say 1 has a good knowledge of how it works (he's a software engineer who works with networks on a daily basis.

Quote:

home

Quote:

Comcast cable, not sure the exact speed.

Edit: according to cnet.com's bandwidth test, 1044.3 Kbps
as per bandwidthplace.com, 2.9 Mbps

I suppose you take those results with a grain of salt

Quote:

Usually a hotel

Quote:

My parents Very Happy
smokey4life

There are currently 5 people living with me.

Everyone that lives here uses a computer.

Everyone here have fairly good knowledge of some sort on how computers/internet work.

We are all accessing the internet from Home.

We currently have two kinds of internet hookup dialup and DSL.

Whenver we go out of town we usually grab a hotel every once in a while we stay with family but not offten.

We allmost always call ahead and make reservations.
Scotty Too Hotty

How Work, Friends, Wirless Phone Device (Palm Treo 650)

ADSL - 4 MB line

Hotel

Agency
pix

Home

Broadband 300+ kb/s

Hotel

Call the establishment[/b]
XSTG

Home

High Speed

Hotel or campground

I call establishments.
omg pickle
Wynand wrote:

home and school, my brother too and my dad at home and work
it's broadband.. dunno how fast
hotel
i just call it
SusieSmacktard
2, Including myself

We both are familiar with the internet, but I have more knowledge than he does.

Home

not sure of the exact speed, it's a cable modem

Other. When we go away, we usually go camping in the wild to "get away from it all". If we're not camping, we stay at a hotel.

How do you book your accommodation? Do you call the establishment or do you make use of an agency? Either call the place directly, or if we're booking a flight also we use expedia.
johanfh
Wynand wrote:

home, work, university
home: 56kbps, work & university: 1593kbps
mostly: camping, sometimes: guesthouse

I look on the internet and after that I make a phone call
thiamshui
Wynand wrote:

1. How many persons are living with you?

2. How many of these persons use a computer in any way?

3. How many of these persons that uses a computer have good knowledge of how the internet works and are using the internet on a regular basis?

4. Where are you accessing the internet from? Home, work or other?

5. How fast is the internet that you are using?

6. When you go out of town, what kind of accommodation establishment do you make use of? Guesthouse, hotel or other? If you choose other, please specify?

7. How do you book your accommodation? Do you call the establishment or do you make use of an agency?

1. 3
2. 2
3. 0
4. Home, School, Public places
5. ADSL (512kbps)
6. Hotel
7. Through a travel agency
biffi

home and school

High speed adsl

hotel

agency
alja
We are 3 alltogether

2 of us use the computer

2 of us have good knowledge

We are accessing the internet from home

We have High Speed Internet access

We usually choose bed and breakfast, where available or look for low price hotels.

We usually look up the establishment on internet and than call there or if available book online
sharp

Home(Lan Jacking) Office(PAid for by my boss) Few coffee shops(Free)

Any wheres from 128k to 8meg(Cable access)

Hotel

I call the establishment... and double check aswell, making all my own reservations has been the safest bet, learned from experience
Zug Zug

Home

Pretty fast.

hotel.

Call establishment.
Wynand
Thank you for everybody that participated in my research. I now have a general feeling about how you use the internet together with you accommodation needs.

I think I have enough data for now but if you would like to make any comments you are welcome.

Thank you.
marcmgeronimo
Wynand wrote:

Home and Work

256Kbps ++

Hostel, pension houses and inns

Book online

Commando_Sondre

1 (me)

1 (me)

Home

5717 kb/s (6 MB line)

Hotel

Call establishment
aerialdreams
How many persons are living with you? 2

How many of these persons use a computer in any way? 2

home

2.0 Mbps

Hotel

internet[/b]
Becky
3 [not including me]

1 [not including me]

1 [not including me]

Currently at home, but i also access the internet at school

54.0Mbps over wireless.

rarely go out of town, if i do i'm staying with family

N/A
wsco
**How many persons are living with you?

**How many of these persons use a computer in any way?

**How many of these persons that uses a computer have good knowledge of how the internet works and are using the internet on a regular basis?

**Where are you accessing the internet from? Home, work or other?

HOME , WORK

**How fast is the internet that you are using?

ADSL LINE 256k

**When you go out of town, what kind of accommodation establishment do you make use of? Guesthouse, hotel or other? If you choose other, please specify?

Hotel

**How do you book your accommodation? Do you call the establishment or do you make use of an agency?
Call to make a reservation
Shiva
3 other..

Home and from work..

4 Mbit i think

Internet through Mobilephone

The mobile is my own Cool
martichka
Hello!
It's a pleasure for me to help you in your researsh..

Home and Work

home = 56k \\\\//// work = lan t1

Hotel / Motel depends on what occasion

I just call
hrtorrent
Home, Work
1024 KB/s download - 192KB/s upload
Hotel, friends or other private accomondation
I prefer direct contact with establishment over e-mail or phone.

I hope that will help you! Good luck with research!
Very Happy
nFuriate255

Home

1mb Crying or Very sad Hoping for 10mb soon though.

Hotel if it's just out of town, a cottage if it's a holiday/vacation.

The internet
skygaia
1. How many persons are living with you?
: 3 - my wife, son, and me

2. How many of these persons use a computer in any way?
: 2

3. How many of these persons that uses a computer have good knowledge of how the internet works and are using the internet on a regular basis?
: 1

4. Where are you accessing the internet from? Home, work or other?
: home and work

5. How fast is the internet that you are using?
: 5Mb downloading speed

6. When you go out of town, what kind of accommodation establishment do you make use of? Guesthouse, hotel or other? If you choose other, please specify?
: hotel

7. How do you book your accommodation? Do you call the establishment or do you make use of an agency?
: usually do it by internet or phone
Traveller
Closed by request of original poster: the research is now complete.

-close-