FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adobe Premiere Pro

jarred89
Im trying to edit a video and its in MPEG format and it keeps saying in cant import it for some reason does anyone know what the problem is?
test32rota
It looks like your system doesn't have appropriated codec. Try to install some codecs pack.
jarred89
i have
badai
why don't u convert it to avi (for windows) or quicktime (for mac) first? mpeg don't have proper container. it just video & audio multiplexed together.
pudovkin
Yeap. MPEG is not a very good "editable" media, because it's compression scheme.
And if you still be able to import it, it will be much more smooth to work with an AVI and a MOV during rendering an checking the work you are doing (editing, applying effects, etc).
jarred89
so is AVI better to work with?
VidE
Premiere doesn't like to edit MPEG 2. Only 1 real frame (an I frame), every 1/2 second or so, the rest B and P frames. On some machines PPRo can, but it is crashy.

There are MPEG to AVI converters available, some as online buys for fairly cheap. And there is Womble, which edits MPEG 2's fairly comfortably. But yes, if you want to edit in PPro, you should convert the file into an AVI, or play it and re-convert the analogue output of a DVD player through a DV camcorder and bring in as DV.

Wish I could give you better options, good luck!
jarred89
ok. when i convert it to mpeg its better quality then an avi file is there a way i can make premiere edit mpegs
pudovkin
Yeap, it's much better to work with AVI's.
VidE perfectly explained the thing. Smile
jarred89
Hello,
MPEG is way better quality than an AVI. I want to use MPEG NOT AVI. So is there away i can get Premiere Pro to let me edit MPEG's