FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Movie qoutes

akshar
Any movie qoutes do you remember, it can be a funnier one or an inspirational one or just a memorable one

But please Mention the movie name

My fav ones are

A beautiful mind

the last speech of nash when he gets the nobel prize something like -"it is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logical reasons can be found.....you are the reason i am ,you are all my reasons."

On not attending classes
It destroys the potential for authentic creativity

I used this line for one of my prof.s
Vrythramax
Pulp Fiction:

"If my answers tend to scare you then you should stop asking scary questions"
wumingsden
-moved- to the Movies and Television forum
HoboPelican
The Blues Brothers
Quote:

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

I've got that line on my iPod and it pops up before random songs and somehow it always fits in. Smile

Good line from "My Name is Earl" (TV show, sorry)
Quote:
Earl: I can't run away from it.
Randy: Then let's run. We can run away. It'll be fun. We can make it a race!
n0obie4life
lol this is spam and it is allowed to exist. roflmao.

Bobby: [looking at his hands] Did you ever wonder why we are always like wearing gloves?

Goofy: The world will be your clam.
Max: Oyster, Dad.
Goofy: No thanks. I'm saving room for wienies.

Max: Peej, isn't ten hot dogs enough?

Goofy: Don't forget to have some milk with those donuts!

Bobby: Free eats at the dorma. Pizza! Double cheesa!

Max: Let's do it to it!

Goofy: [sadly] One day you're changing their diapers, the next they're leaving for college.
Pete: [cheerfully] Well, Goof, the way I see it; this is my last night of babysittin'!

Goofy: [as Bobby drives the van away] Goin' already? What about breakfast? You need your three squares a day!
Max: [hanging out of the window] Don't worry, Dad! We'll pick up some donuts on the way!

Max: Gentlemen, welcome to the first day of the rest of our lives!
Bobby: That's pretty deep. You get that line off a bumper sticker?

Goofy: Did you brush your teeth?
Max: Uh-huh.
Goofy: Comb your hair?
Max: Yeah, Dad.
Goofy: Did you put on clean underwear?
Max: [angrily] DAD!

Max: We'll dethrone you and your friends, Your Royal LOWNESS.

Tank: Help me! Anyone! 911, baby.
Max: Tank, talk to me!
Tank: Dog boy, am I glad to see you, sweetheart.

Bobby: Don't worry, bro! I'm a yellow belt!

[Goofy has walked into Max's classroom in full 70s attire, and Max is shocked and horrified]
Max: [muttering] Oh no, oh no, oh ...
Bobby: Hey Max, is my vision blurred, or doesn't that guy look like your dad?
Goofy: Maxie!
Max: [grabbing and ringing at Bobby's shoulders] Kill me, just kill me now!

Bobby: [half-asleep] Mommy! I didn't do it!

Goofy: I'm not gonna be at college to pick up after you.
[sadly, to his son]
Goofy: In fact, it's gonna be a long time before you see your old man again. What, maybe Christmas?
[puts his finger up to his eye, wiping away a tear]
Max: Ah, Dad, it'll go by fast.
[chuckles, then mutters under his breath]
Max: Not too fast, I hope.

Beret Girl in Cafe: Max, Max, Max. Admit defeat, and defeat will surely admit you into permanent custody, my man.

P.J.Pete: [after hearing the name of a fraternity] Moo moo... Who wants to join a herd of cows?

Pete: Okay, stay back, man! I have a biscotti, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Bobby: This place puts the "rage" in "outrageous."

That's my favourite movie quotes.
Thatguy
Pretty much any line from Snatch:

Avi: Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?
Bullet Tooth Tony: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.

[Tyrone just backed into Franky Four Fingers' van]
Tyrone: I didn't see it there.
Vinny: It's a four ton truck, Tyrone. Its not as though its a bag of peanuts, is it?
Tyrone: It was at a funny angle.
[All three turn and look back at the truck]
Vinny: It's behind you Tyrone. Whenever you reverse, things come at you from behind.

One of my favorite quotes is from Eternal Sunshine, and even though there isn't much said, the scene makes me tear up a little each time. The delivery and situation make it perfect.

Carrie: I saw you talking to someone pretty!
Rob: Yeah, man, who was that?
Joel: She was... just a girl.
Vrythramax
n0obie4life wrote:
This place puts the "rage" in "outrageous."

That's my favourite movie quotes.

Can we please leave "Max" out of this....kinda gets under my skin Sad
serazat
Lester Bangs: They make you feel cool. And hey. I met you. You are not cool.
William Miller: I know. Even when I thought I was, I knew I wasn't.
Lester Bangs: That's because we're uncool. And while women will always be a problem for us, most of the great art in the world is about that very same problem. Good-looking people don't have any spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter.(From Almost Famous)
Ainsley3389
The new pirates of the caribean

Will:What about Jack?*looks back to see Jack running from a ton of guys* Nevermind...let's go!

Lord of the rings
Legolas shoots down an elaphent and all the people.
The dwarf(dont remember his name):That still only counts as one!

Chronicles Of Narnia: Lion witch, and wardrobe
Susan: He's a beaver! He shouldn't be saying anything!
pennymellow
I've lots of favourites, but my current darling comes from the New Pirates of the Caribbean movie, too.

Jack Sparrow: [to Elizabeth] You know, these clothes do not fancy you at all. It should be a dress or nothing. I happen to have no dress in my cabin.
akshar
The Last Samurai,

Samurai: DO you believe man can change his destiny?

Tom: Untill his destiny is not revealed.
HDirtwater
I prefer the classics:

1. "Make way for the bad guy."

2. "Hey Lama! How 'bout a little somethin' y'know, for the effort?"

3. "And here comes two words for you; shut the f@#$! up."

1. Scarface
2. Caddyshack
3. Midnight Run
canadol
Definately what was mentioned above, anything from Snatch...

Avi: Why do they cal him the bullet dodger?

Tony: Becasue he dodges bullets avi!

Also my one from my favourite movie...

"Do you know that if is the middle word in life? " - Dennis Hopper, Apocalypse Now
akshar
* "There is some comfort in the emptiness of the sea, no past, no future."
* "My thanks, on behalf of those who died in the name of better mechanical amusements and commercial opportunities."
jmudreamscape
"Damn the man" - Empire Records

"I have been thinking with my gut since I was 14 and I've come to the conclussion that my guts have **** for brains." - High Fidelity

"Appropriate sparks are flying, somebody cue the power ballad." - Disturbing Behavior

"It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that I don't care." - Office Space

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"I'm not men. I'm not a group. I'm just me." - Playing By Heart

"Why is it that we don't always recognize the moment when love begins but we always know when it ends?" - L.A. Story
PinkLaces
Walk The Line:

"You gotta Hitch in your giddy up?

I am Sam:

"All you need is love"
"Why can't Lucy come home with me?"
HoboPelican
Some of my favorites from "Serenity"

Quote:

Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Quote:

Jayne: Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

Quote:

Mal: Ready to get back to civilized life?
Inara: I don't know.
Mal: Good answer.

Quote:
Wash: Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?
ashok
Matrix

mouse - "To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human."

agent - "Only humans"
trinity - "Dodge this.."

Ice Age 2

sloth to mammoth about elle - "She is full of fun.. and you are no fun at all. She, completes you."

some of those i can remember, but i'm sure there are more which i liked.. jst not gettin them now..
ChaosMike
One of my favorite quotes is pretty long, but it's that speech from Independence Day. Too lazy to find it though.

As for the shorter ones...i'll get back to you on that Embarassed
Dean_The_Great
Army of Darkness:

Ash: Well hello Mr. Fancy Pants. I got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now, Jack and sh*t, and jack left town.
HoboPelican
Dean_The_Great wrote:
Army of Darkness:

Ash: Well hello Mr. Fancy Pants. I got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now, Jack and sh*t, and jack left town.

Great flick!
Quote:
"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun. " Laughing
akshar
'Mo kushee'-Million Dollar baby
ranciel
I have aplenty! Smile

Notting Hill (1999)
Anna Scott: After all... I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

The Notebook (2004)
Duke: That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is.

Young Noah: My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter any more, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah

Elizabethtown (2005)
Claire Colburn: I'm hard to remember, but I'm impossible to forget.

Claire Colburn: I want you to get into the deep beautiful melancholy of everything that's happened.

Claire Colburn: Sadness is easier because its surrender. I say make time to dance alone with one hand waving free.
Sappho
There are so many great quotes its hard to have only a small list of favourites. I will atleast put two from the last movie i saw, i think they are hillarious. Smile Both from "Saving Face".

Quote:
Mrs. Shing: [Leaving message on the answering machine] Hello, Viviea? This is your mother. Just calling to say hi. Hope your birthday good. Did Wil show up? Thought you may wanna talk after she leaves. Oh, maybe she's still there? Okay. Bye.
Wil: Oh, my God. You talked to your mother about us?
Vivian Shing: Yeah. So?
Wil: "So"? Does she know we have sex?
Vivian Shing: [sighs] No, Wil. She thinks we conjugate Latin verbs.
Wil: Really?

Quote:
[Wil and Ma watching a soap opera]
Wil: Is that the good guy?
Ma: No, he's marrying her for money.
Wil: Is that the good guy?
Ma: No, that's his brother.
Wil: Who's that guy?
Ma: He's the most evil of them all, he wants to ruin her family to avenge a grudge.
Wil: Who's the loser they're beating up?
Ma: That's the good guy.

And aren't quotes supposed to be quoted? Why almost no one do that in this thread, i wonder Smile
HoboPelican
Sappho wrote:
And aren't quotes supposed to be quoted? Why almost no one do that in this thread, i wonder Smile

Yeah, youre right, we are! Embarassed
I got lazy on a few. I have now edited all my quotes to conform to the rules! Wink

(you are such a stickler, Sappho Wink )
akshar
* Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy. Without precise calculations, we'd fly right through a star, or bounce too close to a supernova, and that would end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?

* Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

* No reward is worth this!

* Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to other. I've seen a lot of strange things, but nothing to convince that there is one all powerful "Force" controlling everything. There's no energy field controlling my destiny. It's just a whole bunch of simple moves and nonsense.

* You're all clear, kid! Now let's blow this thing and go home.

* I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around.

* Watch your mouth kid or you'll find yourself floating home!
akshar
* No lieutenant, your men are already dead.

* As you can see we've had our eye on you for some time now Mr. Anderson.

* One of these lives has a future, and one of them... does not.

* Tell me, Mr Anderson.......what good is a phone call if you're unable to speak?

* I believe that as a species, human beings define their reality through misery and suffering.

* As soon as we started thinking for you, it really became our civilization.

* Never send a human to do a machine's job.

* Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not.

* Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague. And we are the cure.

* I'm going to be honest with you. I... hate this place.

* Find them and destroy them.

* I'm going to enjoy watching you die, Mr. Anderson.

* You hear that Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability. It is the sound of your death. Goodbye, Mr. Anderson.
akshar
* It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

* He's beginning to believe.

* Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? You think that's air you're breathing now?

* I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole, hmm.

* You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth.

* Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

* I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.

* You take the blue pill, the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

* Welcome to the real world.
Sappho
Ok now i know i am going prove HoboPelican right that i am SUCH a stickler, but i simply cant help myself. Wink

akshar please,

1. Don't post 3 different posts just group it to one so it doesn't look like posthunting, even if it wasn't your intention.
2. When you quote something there should be a source, author, etc. Smile
3. Use [quote] tag next time Wink

Ok enough of my moderation, so i will just put a quote here too Smile

From "Lost and Delirious".

Quote:
Paulie: Liar! Liar, Liar, Liar! You've all got your heads up your ****** because love is. It just is and nothing you can say can make it go away because it is the point of why we are here, it is the highest point and once you are up there, looking down on everyone else, you're there forever. Because if you move, right, you fall. You fall.
HoboPelican
Sappho wrote:
Ok now i know i am going prove HoboPelican right that i am SUCH a stickler, but i simply cant help myself. Wink

From The Big Lebowski
Quote:
Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a sh*t about the rules? Mark it zero!

Wink
Kovalchuk17
John: Can you imagine what it feels like to have someone sit you down and tell you that you're dying? The gravity of that, hmm? Then the clock's ticking for you. In a split second your awe is cracked open. You look at things differently - smell things differently. You savor everything be it a glass of water or a walk in the park.
Eric Matthews: The clock is ticking, John.
John: But most people have the luxury of not knowing when that clock's going to go off. And the irony of it is that that keeps them from really living their life. It keeps them drinking that glass of water but never really tasting it.
John: Since when has force been a problem for you? Why are you so desperate to get your son back?
Eric Matthews: 'Cause he's my son...
John: What's the last thing you said to him before you left him?
Eric Matthews: [flashback]
[shouts]
Eric Matthews: Well, then, go!
John: Seems to me that the knowledge of your sons impending death is causing you to act... Why is that we're only willing to do that, when a life is at stake?
Eric Matthews: I've always loved my son, it has never changed
John: No... no... It's changed now. You see, the knowledge of death... changes everything. If I were to tell you the exact date and time of your death... it would shatter everything.

- Saw II

Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it. - Herb Brooks

- Miracle

When the Fu*k did we get ice cream? (Winston)

- The Ringer