FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recording

What effect do you think sound better on drums?
echo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
reverb
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
disstortion
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cry baby pedal
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

flips
What equiment do people use for recording drums?
im really intrested . Also what programs do people use to edit there sounds and cut them out.
Thatguy
For drums? Our drummer used just a little reverb and compression when we recorded a hommade cd, and it turned out pretty good. I don't know of any other effects drummers would use unless it's for a special sound (like echo or wah).

We used about 4 microphones, a power mixer and Sonar to record. I know, we're poor, but it's all for fun.

Edit: Sorry, I guess I didn't read the question, but I think reverb would sound the best. I like the natural sound.
Subsonic Sound
A good compressor is usually a good call for drums. Nothing too heavy, as you don't want to threaten his use of dynamics - just something to reign in the snare a little if it's getting away from you. It might be worth using different settings on different passages of the song.

Personally, I'm a fan of phasers on drums... but once you've done the compressor, any effect you choose is really dependant on the genre or style you're recording. Phasers give that psychedelic vibe, distortion a more Trent Reznor, fast and dirty feel...