FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PAULO COHELIO...CHANGE MY LIFE!!!

meximag
Arrow 22 years old
Arrow and happy ...
is not the book the alchemist that changed my life, is the fact that i understood a new meening in my head of life..

the meening of life is just being ourself, being me, it's why i am here.

i understand that to respect life you most understand everyones actions, and most understand, that every one, including criminals, popes, good and bad people, act the way they think is correct to act, for their benefits. and for this reason, it can be limited actions, but is not imposible to feel the freedom of saying...

i could die today, without having lived for years to come, but i am, therefore i'm happy. Exclamation
alja
I love to read Paolo Coelho's books too... also very interesting are OSHO's books which are not stories, but still is written pretty funny, easy to read, but to really understand, you need to have time reading it... its worth though... can give you new insights to life, love....
budazz
I havent heard of that book...but the way you described it, sounds good
Maryndor
I'm just reading the Alchemist. That's the first book of that author which I red. I'm amazed! In the first few pages I felt the power of that book and it's really "grabbing" the reader. If I didn't asleep may be I would red it at once! Everyone can find out the sense and conclusion for himself. Just amazing stories!

Currently I'm in the middle of the Alchemist, so I'll finish is really fast. I'll search for another book of Paolo Coelho for sure.
Nikkori
Well, as what you've said about the book, i'm interested to it. Maybe that was some sort of like the "The Purpose Driven Life"? Or something i've heard like that... Laughing
jyrevi
Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist is amazing! Very life-changing and inspirational. I'm currently reading "The Pilgrimage", and I am trying exercises there like the Cruelty Exercise.
Lviter
Paulo Coelho certainly is the most popular brazillian writer abroad. I've read The Alchemist, The Pilgrimage, Brida, The Gift, The Valkyries, The Genie and The Roses. Lately, I'm not in the mood for self-help books.

In Brazil, there are some restrictions about him from academics, maybe because he makes a lot of money with his books. I think he doesn't make Literature in strict sense, but there are good stories in his works, even when he uses myths and stories from another authors. Not much people read here, so if he makes people do it he deserves compliments anyway.

His life was very interesting before being a writer. In sixties and seventies, he was hippie and did some crazy (and beautiful) songs with his partner Raul Seixas. He also was involved in a kind of satanism, but he almost died because of this and took the decision to change his life from that moment on. You can read this in "The Valkyries".
icon
i haven't read the 22 years old book, and am not too fond of Paulo Coelho (but people say "The Valkyries" is awesome). good for you guys though Very Happy