FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

flag

snowboardude
when you post, under your profile, where it says your fripoint, fri$, and stuff, to have a flag that represents your nation. i know theres already a location field, but a flag would be more visible, and some people put cities in their locations, which makes it hard for some people, because not everyone knows where nice is. (its a city in france)

btw this has been done at albumbase. (http://www.albumbase.com/forum)
TeenZine
Yah your right that would be kind of cool but I think it MITE violate us Child act laws regarding internet privicy. Even though most of frihosters know what country im in alreadly. Sides why would people care that much.
Marston
TeenZine wrote:
Yah your right that would be kind of cool but I think it MITE violate us Child act laws regarding internet privicy. Even though most of frihosters know what country im in alreadly. Sides why would people care that much.
Not really, if you enter the information yourself, you're at fault. Assuming that the plaintiff can prove that you understand that the information would be made public, you would be at fault.
Scorpio
snowboardude wrote:
when you post, under your profile, where it says your fripoint, fri$, and stuff, to have a flag that represents your nation. i know theres already a location field, but a flag would be more visible, and some people put cities in their locations, which makes it hard for some people, because not everyone knows where nice is. (its a city in france)

btw this has been done at albumbase. (http://www.albumbase.com/forum)

I dont think this is necessary as each person would like to maintain his privacy in the way he sees fit

Its better if a person wishes whether to tell where he is from

The mods and admins can anyway find out where people are from using their IP address

I think this is unnecessary

Quote:
Even though most of frihosters know what country im in alreadly

Aint that obvious. With vocabulary like that, its hardly surprising if anybody doesnt
Blaster
sorry scorpio but your thing with teenzine has gotten old. You spam just to make fun of the kid. You dont' even know the kid so why do you make fun of him. Sorry for this spam but I had to say it.

Now back on topic.

I actually like the idea. It adds a sense of.... i guess you can say flavor to the forum. IT woudl be pretty interesting.
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:
sorry scorpio but your thing with teenzine has gotten old. You spam just to make fun of the kid. You dont' even know the kid so why do you make fun of him. Sorry for this spam but I had to say it.

I would recommend you to mind your own business, if you have any

And you SHOULD NEVER talk about spam dude.
TeenZine
scorpio wrote:

The mods and admins can anyway find out where people are from using their IP address

Duh so can I on my fourm but It is diffrent cause I know the admin is going to see it and quite frankly i dont give a .
Scorpio
TeenZine wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Duh so can I on my fourm but It is diffrent cause I know the admin is going to see it and quite frankly i dont give a .

DUH

So can every other person on his/her fourm

If you know to speak sensibly, speak or else shut it/
n0obie4life
Unneccersary cosmetic bandwidth increasing time wasting addon.

Bondings can seriously spend his money on better stuff and time on better things rather than modifying the forum just to show some flags.
Animal
I think this has been covered already through the posts above. It's a load of effort for no return, and it should be up to users to decide what information they give out about themselves. Feel free to make use of the "location" feature in your profile Razz

I'm goint to -close- this to prevent even more spammage.