FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Famous Drink of your country

hellrahul
This topic is not on Pepsi and COke
(Personally I hate these drinks)

Here you can describe the famous drink of your country.
How it is made. And any history related to that.
Plz mension your country.

Starting from me.

I live in INDIA. Its very vast country so One part is totally different from other. Like north INDIA is totally different from South.

I live in Eastern Part of India.

ANd the Drink I like is called LASSI. Pronunced as LAS C.
It is made from Dahi (CURD), ice, sugar.

Its a sweet drink. Very good for health. I don't know the process of preparing "Lassi" exactly coz I never made it. But I can say its far more better than any cold drink.

Now its Your Turn : Very Happy
Vrythramax
Coffee...fresh ground coffee beans, hot water (no sugar) and a little cream.

Since you took Coke away that's all I have to offer.
Idoru
Well, already the old Wikings made it, and we call it mead, or rather - Mjöd !
The country is Sweden, by the way.

Actually, it's seldom drinken even here in the northern regions of our globe,
but still, there is an ancient culture around it. Well, at least some thousand
years. Very Happy

You can make it in many ways, but I choose to tell you of one particullar recepie,
found written a long time ago.

Well, you make the stuff, that's done with water, honey, raisins, etc. Then you
put it in an oak-barrel. Here comes the tricky part...
...at the first three nights of the full-moon, you have to find two not yet
sexually active boys to shake the barrel !? Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's that! Belive it or not, but there actually was a recepie like that some
thousand years ago. Think they found it at some monk, but not sure. Anyhow,
it's a laugh (and the liquid tastes quite well, made right, shaken or not).
Pyro Man
I'm not sure, It would probably be some sort of real ale, but yeah defiently some sort of alcohol! They're are lager types, but I think it would be a beer, and it would be ale for England, remeber we are 4,000 years old, so it would be brewed in a special way.
Nyizsa
In Hungary, we have pálinka. It is made of fruits, usually plum or peach, but cheery, pear and some other fruits are also make good pálinka. We collect the fruits in barrels, preferably we don't add any sugar (sugar makes it more, but taste worse), and let it "boil" for a while (3-4 months). When it's ok, we distill it.
A good pálinka has 45-50 % of alcohol, smells and tastes like the fruit it was made of, and very good!!!
selim06
I am Turk and we have Turkish Coffee
It's really hard to drink but also relax and you can feel comfortable with Turkish coffee..And Coke(Coca-Cola and a Turkish Production)but I don't like them..In Turkey we also drink "Ayran" It's really healthy and original...
darkeagle
There is ayran in turkey too.
It's a drink made of yoghurt and water.
If you add some salt too, It will be delicious...
otiscom
In england it must be tea!

Although I prefer beer.
R2.DETARD
i can't stand ayran. I love the drink which says "uluday, gazoz" though.

anyway, Germany's (and my) favourite drink: Beer. By far.
Tatsumaru
Urr, I guess Heineken Beer (I'm from the Netherlands after all). People probably already know how it is made Laughing

I don't drink alcohol though, I stick to water. Hmmm water.
b4r4t
In Poland ... i dunno ... Beer i think (Zywiec/Tyskie) ...
And ... polish vodka? Smile
PristonMaster
famous drink here is Caipirinha (lemon, sugar, alchoolic drink), beer and coffee
photon
hmm i dunno whats famous here. prolly coffee and good tea Smile
KernEnergie
Famous drink from France...wine I suppose. Champagne too. Beer...
All alcohol, us French love alcohol. Laughing
Hogwarts
Well, I know we have a type of tea that no other country has called "Billy Tea".

Instructions:
Boil a billy of hot water over the fire, chuck in a handful of tea leaves, maybe a gumleaf of two Wink and before you serve it you have to swing it around over your head, for authenticity.

I, nor Australia, take no resposiblity for any stupid mistakes that you make have whilst making this. It's your own problem. Not ours.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_tea
THE11thROCK™
San Miguel Beer, Ginebra Gin, Emperador Brandy, RC Cola, C2 Green Tea, Nescafe Coffee, Tang Juice drink, and fresh Mineral Water! Very Happy
Traveller
hellrahul wrote:

Not sure how authentic this is, but in the Indian restaurants in the States, they often serve a delicious mango lassi. Now that I'm living in Honduras, and have mangoes growing in my backyard, I'd love to have a good recipe for mango lassi.

As mentioned, I live in Honduras. Here, there are three popular drinks:
  • Coffee - the coffee grown in the Copán area of Honduras is very good. Of course, that's probably nothing particularly new for most users of this forum.
  • Horchata - Popular in Mexico, as well, horchata is a rice-based beverage served iced. The version they use here contains rice, water, sugar, roasted peanuts (or peanut butter), and cinnamon. YUM!
  • Oatmeal - Yes, that's right: oatmeal! Aside from using the regular oatmeal hot cereal with which we are most familiar (avena mosh), they also use a finely ground oatmeal powder (avena molida) to make a cold breakfast drink that is actually quite good.
R2.DETARD
Here in Germany all the ultra fitness freaks drink something like that oatmeal powder stuff, but they dissolve it in orange juice. It tastes worse than ayran.
Jaime
Here in Colombia the Coffe....

And

guarapo
chicha de maiz (drink with corn)
Agua de panela (Water of Panela)
Guandolo (Licor of Fruits)

(...)
systemofaxav
KernEnergie wrote:
Famous drink from France...wine I suppose. Champagne too. Beer...
All alcohol, us French love alcohol. Laughing

Sure Smile
And ... Pastis Wink, Calvados, Chouchen et Hydromel
indeedwrestling
Peach Trifecta.

Mandarin Vodka + Peach Schnopps + PEACH POP (available at the Lewiston, NY Peach Festival each year).
Allweareisair
Guinness. It's made from the most wonderful things in the universe, and has been made that way since basically forever. Everyone loves Guinness.
falconfx
Here in Italy our drink is wine. We export very much wine abroad every year.

Wine is mainly composed of alcohol and fruit (grape); even if base components are always the same, in our country exist many kinds of wine.

BTW, don't forget beer, another cool drink!
rightclickscott
Since I'm Irish, I'd say Whiskey, but since I'm from America, then I don't think I can pick something specific. However, being in America hasn't changed the fact that my favorite drink is Whiskey.
Lady Elensar
hellrahul wrote:
I live in INDIA. Its very vast country so One part is totally different from other. Like north INDIA is totally different from South.

And how about tea? Today a teacher at school was telling a lot of things about India, and she said something about tea. That India is known because of the tea, or something like that. Smile (Not only tea I think)
chat
famous drink is voda,it is very nice,no taste,no color ,best natural drik,live healthy!
windrei
famous drink for China should be tea. There are too many kinds...... and it was created for more than a thousand year..

but for Hong Kong, i think it should be "milk tea". Hong Kong has its own style, very different from the british one.
Slammer
Famous drink for scotland is Irn Bru ( Pronounced Iron brew). Here its just as big, if not bigger and more popular than coca cola. But you can only get it in scotland. Well you can get it some other places too, but i havent seen it when ive been.

So many companies have tried to copy it, but its made by the barrs family, and they've kept the recipey secret since the start, andall these other fake attempts to re make it as horrible. It has such a unique taste, don't even know how to explain it. Taste's best from a glass bottle or a can, never tastes the same from a plastic bottle.

Everywhere should sell irn bru! You have to taste it once in your life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irn_Bru
alja
famous drink is called "Schnaps". The country> Austria!
The "real" Schnaps is made from pears and is a high percent Alcohol (40%). But also some Schnaps is made from plums, peaches, Apples
Lychee
Well I'm from Austria as well…
And yeah it's true… Our most famous drinks are BEER and SCHNAPS…
And JÄGERMEISTER (But I think it's made in Germany) Sad

I almost forgot…
We used to drink al lot of coffee!
Mhh coffee… I'll get me one…

Cya
Soulfire
I really have to say some sort of coffee-based products. That or energy drinks. It seems people here sleep less and try to refuel themselves with such products, but it's my opinion that sleep is best.

I think it's been said before, but it's basically ground coffee beans with hot water... and then the rest is up to the person (sugar, cream, flavors, cold, etc.) There's a lot that one can do with coffee.
leat397
I am Chinese..
I couldn't think of any famous drink immediately... Razz
Would it be those herbal tea?....some kind of drink that steaming from herbal or some species or leaves from plants.
Of course, that might also be famous drink like green tea in Japan...
It;s seems such kind of drink was originated in China..and Chinese further developed a long histiry of making medicines from those plants and leaves...
Ratman2050
Rahul I think it is pronounced LUS-SEE Lassi. I love that shit too man. Im from Pakiland if youre wondering. Yeah we usually drink MANGO!!! Lol.
MMmmMmMMmMmmMmMmMMmMmMMmMMMmMMMMmMMmmmmMMMMm
shwetanshu
I m from India an famous drink in my area is Nimbu Paani (lemonade) or Ganne Ka Ras (Sugarcane Juice)
windval
I live in Hong Kong

Our famous drink is milk+tea~~~

i do not know its name in english

but I think it is very delicious

you can go to some restaurant and order it

when you come to Hong Kong next time~
seanooi
one of the most famous drinks in my country I would say is "Teh O' Ais Limau" (Malay) "Ice Lemon Tea" (English)

It's not just any kind of ice lemon tea you buy in stores. I'm not sure about how they prepare it, but I think they use tea powder, sugar, and lime. Best drink with ice.
drakordern
In Sweden we drink...

VODKA!!!

Absolut vodka is great... and yeah, we drink coffee too.
Maxus
Belgium:
Beer beer and beer
We've got the best beers of the world Razz
goansfr
+1 for LASSI. rocks and India too !!!
Zug Zug
America introduced the "Jimmy", you take many different types of alcohol and you pour them into a trash can, and add some cool aid, stir and it's ready to server. It's now known as "Jungle Juice". I've never had it personally...but my fiancè has. Sounds kinda gross to me...but he says it's good. ^_^
EVILSKAAP
well in South Africa, i dont think there is a spesific drink. But rooibos tea was banned two centuries ago .
dotnet
In Russia national beverage is... VODKA of course. Smile But I am personally dislike it. And what about nonalcoholic beverage there is another russian favorite - KVAS. It's look very similar to Pepsi-Cola, but have very different taste. And it just great for hot days like this summer. This is best freshen up drink for me.
apeX-FXR
I am from India and here i guess the favourite drink of everyone is Cococola or the new thing .. Redbull Very Happy

I am restricted to have any softdrinks Sad Crying or Very sad
skygaia
I'm from Korea (South Korea)

It's not simple to say that something is the most popular drink in my country.
Because there are many kinds of drink in Korea. And poeple have different taste for them..

Hmm ... I think coffee is the most one. It's very easy to take a cup of coffee in Korea. There are a lot of vending machine of coffee. And it's very cheap, just 20~30 cents a cup of coffee.
But it has only one kind of coffee in vending machines, small cofee with 1 sugar and 1 prime. If you want to take diverse coffees, you'd better go to starbucks... ^^ But it's very expensive there.

Hmmm.. the other is alchoal. Many korean like to drink beer and traditional alchoal.....
pennymellow
I'm from Australia. I suppose Australian's are rather famous for beer. We're usually depicted as drinking it, anyway. I must point out that Australian wine is terribly popular. On all of the cooking shows that I watch (I'm a junkie) that have a segment on wine, Australian wines are almost always mentioned.
Commando_Sondre
Mjød. Its a extremy strong beer, tastes like shit (thats what I mean!) and doesn't look good either.
ncwdavid
I am from Ireland and my countries drink is Guiness. I don't like it though.

Arthur Guinness Was The Founder Of The Brewery

Arthur Guinness was born in 1725 near Dublin in the town of Celbridge, county Kildare where his father, Richard Guinness, was a Land Steward. Part of Richard's duties were to supervise the brewing of beer for the workers on the estate and it is probable that young Arthur first learnt the art of brewing from his father. The brewing industry in Dublin at that date was suffering because English beer was taxed less severely than the home-produced product. Arthur was not, however, deterred. He decided to acquire what was then a small, disused and ill-equipped brewery at St James's Gate.

The lease, signed on 31 December 1759, was for 9000 years at an annual rent of £45. To start with, Arthur brewed ale, but by the 1770s a new drink, a strong black beer called porter, was being exported from London. Arthur decided to brew this new beer himself. He proved extremely successful and right into his seventies Arthur continued to be active in supervising his business at the Brewery, now assisted by three of his sons. Arthur had married an heiress, Olivia Whitmore, and had 21 children, 10 of whom survived into adulthood. When he died in 1803, he left a considerable personal fortune of about £23,000 and an extremely flourishing business which later generations of his family were to develop.

Their is alot more but Im not going to put it all here.
VCK9001
hellrahul wrote:
This topic is not on Pepsi and COke
(Personally I hate these drinks)

Here you can describe the famous drink of your country.
How it is made. And any history related to that.
Plz mension your country.

Starting from me.

Its a sweet drink. Very good for health. I don't know the process of preparing "Lassi" exactly coz I never made it. But I can say its far more better than any cold drink.

Now its Your Turn : Very Happy

I love Lassi!

Anyway, I think my homeland of England only really has one drink people from here are famous for consuming: Lager.
Mithrandir
Costa Rica's national beer is Imperial. You really can't get away from the brand. But when I think of the all-american beverage I really can't come up with anything. Maybe Coke or Pepsi. Coffe and tea came from other places so it would have to be a soft drink.
wsco
I live at Egypt
our famous Drink are :

Tea
Tamr Hindi Smile
Erq Sos Laughing
Sahlab
Helba
Snafoo
Well I could really start a rant about this....I used to think in the US that our famous drinks were the sour mash whiskeys like Jack Daniels. Leave it to us to produce pure rot gut. Honestly though, I think it must be "Bud Light". While I'm not sure if you folks are focusing on alcoholic drinks so much, it must be famous here because every other television commercial prompts us to go and purchase this weak beer from the local store. It truly tastes like garbage but its definately "famous" for all its advertising. It prolly seems even more famous to me because in Florida, people dont drink Coke or Pepsi or anything else unless it has alcohol in it. We also now have "famous" Martinis, because the alcoholics in this cultureless country decided to make all drinks you purchase in bar a variation on a martini. Personally I like Russian vodka and orange juice (a traditional screwdriver). What country is famous for that I wonder? Here in the US...I havent checked...but I'm sure its been renamed to an "Orange Martini". Famous Drinks here are truly whatever the advertisers want it to be. Snafoo
xkobram
One word for the best taste. BEER (not bear)
xkobram
wsco wrote:
I live at Egypt
our famous Drink are :

Tea
Tamr Hindi Smile
Erq Sos Laughing
Sahlab
Helba

Oh man what does mean that words? Shocked
triggerhappy
i am amercican i say the famouses drinkes of this country is soda and enegry drinks and in my opinon COFFEE Very Happy
filet
misc i guess its range from tea to coffee to juice to carbonated drinks
Veganxscotxgirl
[quote="rightclickscott"]Since I'm Irish, I'd say Whiskey, but since I'm from America, then I don't think I can pick something specific. However, being in America hasn't changed the fact that my favorite drink is Whiskey.[/quote

Actually, Whiskey is Scottish not Irish. It was brewed in Scotland, it's just alot of Irish ppl drink it. Just letting you know.
ProfessorY91
Well I have to second the OP's post about Lassi, its really quite good if made properly. However, as soon as you leave the country and try to make it you just don't succeed. I tried and the only thing I remember was that it smelled like CLR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_Lime_Rust) - and sulfur. I did not drink it.
menino
In India, where I am from which is Goa, we mainly drink tea, lassi, lemon soda (made by mixing lime with soda and sugar), and we have a drink called falooda, which is made by mixing milk with sugar and rose water, and usually they have cardamom seeds also in it, which is very tasty.
Then also, we have a drink called badam pista - which is milk mixed with sugar and ground almond nuts, and it is yummy.

In Goa, though, we mainly drink alcoholic beverages, which is mostly beer, but our local drinks are called cashew feni and urrak.
Cashew feni is made from Cashew nut plants, and I cannot remember now the urrak is made.
dodymike
in our country most famous drink is tea
deanhills
In the Emirates people quite often drink "Morocco Tea". They usually serve it in special silver tea kettles with very small and delicate little glass cups. The tea is always freshly brewed and consists of green tea with sugar and fresh mint. It is actually very delicious and refreshing.

The Emiratis also love fresh juices. Particularly fresh lemon juice with mint, mango juice, avocado juice, fruit cocktail (layers of mango, strawberry, banana or guava, avocado), etc.
watersoul
The most famous drink from the South West region of England (where I live) has got to be Cider Smile
Made from fermented apples, most of the local farms in the area produce their own versions which can be up to 10% alcohol (by volume).

You can buy lots of mass-produced fizzy ciders in supermarkets etc, but my favourites are always the locally produced cloudy non-carbonated types bought from a farmhouse door - with unknown alcohol content.

...just make sure you don't have work the next day! Laughing
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
You can buy lots of mass-produced fizzy ciders in supermarkets etc, but my favourites are always the locally produced cloudy non-carbonated types bought from a farmhouse door - with unknown alcohol content.

Ach .... that sounds great. And HEALTHY. Must be awesome to live around the farmhouse areas.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
watersoul wrote:

Ach .... that sounds great. And HEALTHY. Must be awesome to live around the farmhouse areas.

It's pretty cool Dean, I'll admit Smile
Although I live by the sea, you only have to go a mile inland and it's quite rural with little farms each producing their own secret recipes of rocket fuel cider!

Another thing you'll find here are stalls at the entrance to most of the farms with vegetables, free range eggs etc, but no-one around, just an 'honesty box' where you leave the money after taking the goods. I do like the countryside for things like that.
dodymike
WE USUALLY DRINK CARROT JUICE
markbruce
OUR COUNTRY DRINK IS COKE
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
Another thing you'll find here are stalls at the entrance to most of the farms with vegetables, free range eggs etc, but no-one around, just an 'honesty box' where you leave the money after taking the goods. I do like the countryside for things like that.
WOW! You really live in a different place. Do you have fresh water where you are as well? Do you drink water from a tap, or do you have fresh water springs? Smile
nigam
our famous drink is coke...people loves coke but not me...i would rather go for healthy drinks like honey with cider or lemon or those fresh fruit drinks especially buko juice, pineapple juice or mango juice.
sudipbanerjee
I live in West Bengal of India. The famous drinks of this state are:
1. Darjeeling Tea: World famous for its favour.
2. Green Coconut Water: very useful in Summer
3. Aamporar sarbat (Juice of burn green mango): made frm green mango, sugar. useful in summer
4. Lassi: made with card (dahi). useful in summer
deanhills
sudipbanerjee wrote:
3. Aamporar sarbat (Juice of burn green mango): made frm green mango, sugar. useful in summer
I had coconut water on a regular basis when I was in Thailand last summer. An enormously refreshing drink. I believe it is also very healthy for a person. I love lassi when it is made really nice. I prefer the savoury, although now and then sweet is also good, depending on who makes it. Smile
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
sudipbanerjee wrote:
I had coconut water on a regular basis when I was in Thailand last summer. An enormously refreshing drink. I believe it is also very healthy for a person. I love lassi when it is made really nice. I prefer the savoury, although now and then sweet is also good, depending on who makes it. Smile

I agree about the coconut milk, totally refreshing, and I actually paid for my accommodation in a village on a small island off Thailand some years ago, pulling them off the palms with a ridiculously long bamboo with a hook on the end. All the village collected what I pulled down, split them open, poured the milk into buckets and shared it together...whilst having a great laugh at the silly white guy dodging dangerous falling coconut-bombs! Smile
robinio_1965
Here in Holland it must be Heineken thats also very well knows around the world.

In the top of Holland (Friesland) there is Beerenburg, a liquer made of 22 herbs.
Mix this with Cola and you keep drinking this stuff, 100% sure my favourite.
spinout
We got white christmas: vodka and tipp-ex!
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
I agree about the coconut milk, totally refreshing, and I actually paid for my accommodation in a village on a small island off Thailand some years ago, pulling them off the palms with a ridiculously long bamboo with a hook on the end. All the village collected what I pulled down, split them open, poured the milk into buckets and shared it together...whilst having a great laugh at the silly white guy dodging dangerous falling coconut-bombs! Smile
My experience was a bit different to yours, yours sounds much more authentic. Can you remember what the name of the island was? I stayed on Koh Samui, which is quite touristy, but the coconuts the original thing.

Those falling coconuts can be quite lethal. I can imagine though that the Thai have been born to dodge the bombs. They don't have to even think about it? Smile
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
watersoul wrote:
My experience was a bit different to yours, yours sounds much more authentic. Can you remember what the name of the island was? I stayed on Koh Samui, which is quite touristy, but the coconuts the original thing.

Those falling coconuts can be quite lethal. I can imagine though that the Thai have been born to dodge the bombs. They don't have to even think about it? Smile

Koh Tao, not a million miles from Samui but a million times nicer.
I actually spent one night on Samui then left on the first boat in the morning, loathed the place, it was full of fat middle-aged foreign tourist men clearly only there to pay for sex! It also could have been any island in Europe due to the usual 'norms' of McDonalds etc, but with an added sense of sex tourism seedyness, take your pic - Ibiza, Tenerife, Majorca, McDonalds etc - it didn't feel like Thailand to me.

Now I liked Ko Pha Ngan as well, but that was for the full moon parties and an entirely different story! Wink

...and yep the long coconut 'hook pole' was an absolute beast to use, being so long, really funny though (even if I was the focus of the laughs!) and that fresh-milk just cannot be beaten at all Smile
watersoul
spinout wrote:
We got white christmas: vodka and tipp-ex!

Is that true?! I've know some folk sniff tipp-ex, but drink it? Urgh! Yuk!

...and dangerous I would imagine?
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
I actually spent one night on Samui then left on the first boat in the morning, loathed the place, it was full of fat middle-aged foreign tourist men clearly only there to pay for sex!
Which part of Koh Samui! Shocked I saw foreign tourists, but mostly young couples who must have been travelling Thailand on a shoe string. I must have missed some of it, as all I saw were Thai people trying hard to make a buck. I was cheated once when I had a massage. The owner took a big bill of mine, then spent some time trying to find change for it, and then when she returned insisted I had not given her the big bill! I argued for one round, and then thought what the heck! These are really very poor people. However since then was much more careful. I first landed in a Beach Resort near Nathon, the ferry port and municipal town/city of Koh Samui. And of course the resort did not quite match the Website photos, so once I knew the lay of the land changed to Lamai with side visits to Chaweng and the rest of Koh Samui. Chaweng was a little bit of a zoo and teaming with tourists. Wondering about your encounters, possibly if there were plenty of prostitution, then it could have been there and there I did see the occasional older overweight. However, I was really not paying attention as I was more interested in the fantastic quality DVDs that I could buy for virtually nothing, but must say the vibes were just too busy for me to stay longer than an hour.
spinout
No, the white christmas drink ingredience mix is a joke.

It was taken from a comedy where there is a riff-raff guy who makes cheap drinks....
sonam
In Croatia I think coffee (espresso, cappuccino, milk coffee) is most popular drink, and for alcohol bear in summer and vine in winter.

Sonam
watersoul
spinout wrote:
No, the white christmas drink ingredience mix is a joke.

It was taken from a comedy where there is a riff-raff guy who makes cheap drinks....

I'm imagining it now Smile

...I bet there are some stupid folk somewhere who've tried drinking it though!
ankitdatashn
As the topic starter has already put it in the right perspective that India is a vast country with the diversity that is unmatched to any other place in the world, I can merely add on to his points. The vividness in the drinks vary from Kashmir to the Kanyakumari, and from Gujarat to Assam.

Lassi is made from curd after milk is taken on by the act of fermentation presumably.

A drink called Kahva is famous in the northern region specially Jammu and Kashmir, I guess it's some strong version of tea.

The normal tea is drunk in every place in India.

Mumbai has the distinction of selling cutting tea, it is normal tea but it is lesser in quantity and is for those on the move.

Also Jaljeera and shikanji are quite famous here, they have a stong flavour and is personally my favorite, One made from raw Mango called aam ka paana also quite popular here.

All the above data is to the best of my knowledge Smile
CheDragon
I´m from Mexico and I guess Tequila is the most famous drink... it is made from agave
emanuel2
I am from Austria.
Which one of the countries with the most beer consumption ( Austria and Czech Republic are at the top).
So beer is definitive one of our specialty, but our neighbor country German especially with Bavaria is more known for it Confused But thats just because of the "oktober fest", I guess.
Also very well known is the Coffee of our capital city Vienna which is called Melange.
But I am from the state Tyrol, here especially we are known for our schnapps/korn.
TomS
emanuel2 wrote:
But thats just because of the "oktober fest", I guess.

You're joking right? Any beer from austria is hardly known outside of austria. Rolling Eyes
Whereas "Erdinger" for example is exported worldwide (and Erdinger is not served at any Bierzelt (beer-tent) at the Oktober Fest as far as I know (I'm not an expert on beer and oktober fest)).
Same goes for "Bitburger". Has nothing to do with october fest but is also exported an reknown worldwide.

Another "famous" drink from Bavaria is "Spezi". It's a mix of cola and orange lemonade and it's hardly known outside of germany, heck even few restaurants and bars outside of bavaria serve this delicious drink.