FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thoughts on dreamweaver

hsadmin
What are your guys thoughts on Dreamerweaver for html, before I buy it.. Any opinion will do good..
Balthamos
I found it hard at first to get familiar with, but that is the same way with every professional application. Once you become proficient with it, it is a very useful and precise app to use for building websites.

~Balthamos
Guelila
I consider dreamweaver as a intermediate html programing program.
It is good and you can really make some decent and professional website.
ofcourse, if you are a good painter, ( in terms of GIF, or graphics..) your site would look very nice and since Dreamweaver has some decent menus for adding graphics, it would be very nice.

I give it 7/10 overall
5/10 easiness
8/10 professionalistic
8/10 Nice menus and extra features.
kazza
Where I live, Australia, this program is the standard web design program used by professional designers. But from my experiences using this program, its been a bit positive (besides the hiccups you'd normally get from HTML), at least way better than microsoft frontpage. Since its an expensive program u should find a 30 day trial version of the program which MAY POSSIBLY BE legally downloaded from the official macromedia website, you'll hav to check and see.

Since, your a junior frihoster, I'm assuming that you're a student. There could student versions of DREAMWEAVER which can be bought at a lower price than the professional version of the program.
hsadmin
Thanks, I've used the trial version several times, but, I don't get all the options. I'm good with it, but would like to leave the trial version.
dotnet
This software definitely doesn't have "extremely user-friendly interface" and it's learning curve will not be "straight and smooth". But(IMHO) it still number 1 must-have for all seasoned web-designer/web-developer.