FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Posting and You!

LukeakaDanish
Hi fellow frihosters.

Here is a movie which all new(bie) frihosters (and a lot of "old" frihosters too) should watch.

It is for the "steam" forum, however everything which is said in here counts just as much in the frihost forum...

LINK: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Watch and learn people Very Happy

Sincerely

Luke

PS: If anybody feels like it, and has some flash skillz, i think we should make a frihost version Very Happy
Hogwarts
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Hi fellow frihosters.

Here is a movie which all new(bie) frihosters (and a lot of "old" frihosters too) should watch.

It is for the "steam" forum, however everything which is said in here counts just as much in the frihost forum...

LINK: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Watch and learn people Very Happy

Sincerely

Luke

PS: If anybody feels like it, and has some flash skillz, i think we should make a frihost version Very Happy

Did you know a similar link (But it's hosted on a diff site) is in the Guide To Making A Quality Post? Wink Still, I would do the flash but I'm too darn lazy.. And too much homework.
alkutob
It is really something useful and great

thank you
ignition
Oldest joke on the internet, mayhaps you should learn from it and stop posting unfunny links from ABS?

Eh jk. But seriously.
n0obie4life
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-10114.html

???
izcool
I do have some Flash skills, but it's very basic (I could do something like that, but it would take me awhile to get done). This is one of the things that I done in Flash but never finished (I liked the way I done it, but I sold the site before I could finish it). The only thing is that I don't want to entirely copy what that person did, but make something similar and make it unique. Smile Suggestions on how to do this ?

Click here to watch Intro-61-95

EDIT :

Alright, I just sat down at my computer and typed this up in Notepad, this is an idea that I have to make this a script for "our" version of it. I think it's a little long, but everything in there is important. I just need to think over on how to do it. Razz I'm not really promising anything, but this has got a lot of ideas in my head.

Quote:
First of all, from all of us, welcome to FriHost. FriHost is a great community to be a part of to host your website on.

There are several key things that you should keep in mind when being a part of this community.

The first thing is that you should request for your account to be created. In order for this to happen, you need to register on our forums (it's free, like the name FriHost applies) and make only FIVE quality posts before making your request. The FriHost team only ask for a few things before creating your account, such as the username and the purpose of your website. You should put this out of mind because they go through each of the requests by hand. You will receive a private message from one of the FriHost team members stating if you've been approved or not. What you should do in the meantime is keep participating in our forums, getting more and more points. Always, the more points you have, the better. What happens with your points is that they are reset to 45 each day (if your points are above 45) and gradually decline each day. If you are inactive on our forums, and your points get into the negative range, the FriHost team may consider on icing your account due to inactivity. Some people think that it's hard keeping in active topics - and most of the time that's not the case. If you look in all of the forums, we're sure that there's several topics that you'd enjoy participating in. FriHost is great because they offer free webhosting for your website, and in return, they ask for you to keep active in our forums. That's all. They don't ask you for money, they don't put pestering advertisements on your website. And if you look around, there is not one free webhost that offers this. FriHost is the only close comparison.

How should you behave on the forums? There's several key things that you should keep in mind. First, you should use the Search tool that's on the top of each FriHost Forum page. If you have a question about something, look there first before making a new topic. The moderators at FriHost aren't afraid of linking to the previous related thread and locking your one. This may look foolish when others look at it. The second thing that you should keep in mind is that you should consider on which forum your topic should go into before making it. Moderators move topics to better forums if they see it fit. Save them a lot of time by looking before posting. The third thing that you should consider is that you should see if your topic is relevant to our current discussions. If it's something that doesn't appeal to many people reading, then it's not a good idea to post it anyway. This clogs up the forums and makes it look bad. The fourth (and most important) key point is that you should make your thread or post important. Such messages like "Cool" or "That's too bad" are considered as SPAM. The FriHost moderators are going to go after you if you don't get your act together. They might even give you a warning if you continue to behave this way. This is a reminder - you only get TWO warnings before you're frozen from FriHost. Keep that in mind. Each and every member should read over the FriHost Rules before joining, because it's always to be safe than to be sorry.

Hopefully this tutorial is going to make you a better and more positive FriHoster than you ever thought possible. Keep the forums clean, uncluttered, and organized. That's all that we ask of you. Thank you.

- Mike.
roadruner
hehe Very Happy
funny Wink
LukeakaDanish
n0obie4life wrote:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-10114.html

???

n4l...WHAT rule do you think i am breaking?

ignition wrote:

Oldest joke on the internet, mayhaps you should learn from it and stop posting unfunny links from ABS?

Eh jk. But seriously.

Although i appreciate that this is movie does have its humerous elements, i didnt actually post it for you to laugh (as you might have noticed if you read my post) - i posted it so newbies can watch it and learn better posting.

@izcool:

Looks great, however i think some of the paragraphs need to be cut up into smaller chunks / sized down, as they are kinda lengthy. I dont have time ATM, but i could edit it tonight Very Happy
Leetch
But it already tells you how to post there?
LukeakaDanish
What do you mean?
Leetch
the post that N4L Made, the link, it tells you all about how to post.
LukeakaDanish
I know (im not THAT stupid, and have read the rules more than once), however the "???" obviously means something - im pretty certain he thinks THIS post breaks the rules somehow (although i really fail to see how).
Leetch
talk to N4L then, he just told me to say that because you had to go.
LukeakaDanish
*looks at n4l's post count*

I dont think n4l tells people to post for him. Shocked
Leetch
oooOO thats funny. How about you pm him then?
LukeakaDanish
Well - if he wants to tell me im breaking the rules, then he should talk to me, i shouldnt be PM'n him

I'm one of n4l's "fans" though (meaning i dont think hes a twat) - so whatever - if he doenst want to say anything so be it Very Happy
Leetch
As i said he couldn't so he told me to do it,
And this is about newbies learning, so no more about this.

Whatever if you one of his "fans" then contact him and tell him about it?
No need to question me?
selim06
H mm I think It was useful for newbies..And I think the voice was really good.But I also think in Frihost nearly all of members do that correctly.
LukeakaDanish
n4l is still online - he should post himself, however if he asked you to post for him, then you ARE the one who should be answering my questions - he obviously doesnt want to talk to me...

This is a rubbish topic which is turning into SPAM. please lock it ADMINS
Leetch
Well then i've got nothing more to say.