FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About making my own anime

Do you think making an anime is difficult?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Sparmactro
Hi, my name is Jose Carlos. I'm 17 years old and I'm wrking with a parthner in an Anime proyect. I learned a lot about some tricks you ca do to make easier the animation. For example. You can move your drawings in the computer simulating the guy moves, or make a stay character that only moves his mouth during 8 seconds, you also have to add some glow to the scene to be more japanese style. Does anybody knows something about making anime?ΏSome usefull tips?

You can watch a demo of my anime at youtube.com and if somebody want to help us just send me a mail to: sparmactro@hotmail.com

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a32UTlQYpWo Very Happy
Scaramanga
What are you animating that in? Because it's obviously not traditional cel animation. If you were doing traditional cel animation you would have inbetweens.

Also, what you did wasn't anime, it was a vaguely Japanese-influenced cartoon.
rightclickscott
Scaramanga wrote:
Also, what you did wasn't anime, it was a vaguely Japanese-influenced cartoon.

Like the Teen Titans?

Call it what you want, all I really care about is the story, whether it's drawn manga style or not.
urbanbuddha
A very good attempt at animating.

I would suggest to vary your perspective more. I notice they are mostly frontal medium shots of the characters.

As well for the horror genre, in general, there are usually more extreme angles to create suspense. When you scare a person, you want to not expect it, but as well, not just scare them without realizing what is scaring them.

Keep up the good work, and continue posting up your progress. You're young, you have a lot of time to develop a nice narrative style in your animation. Remember if you're just focusing on story, just do a fan fiction... but if you're going to go visual, you need to follow the codes and conventions of suspense/thrillers (if that is what you were going for). Like Marshell McLuhan, the "Medium is the Message" Wink
Sparmactro
THX! But i still don't understand why do you say it isn't anime... The drawing style is anime, and also the cartoon style, maybe the backgrounds are not, because anime uses watercolor for the backdrops, and we can't do all watercolors for all scenes, so I prefer to make them in 3d studio max. And about the animation is pencil made, not cellshaded, the only cellshaded are come backgrounds. So please explain me more please :S