FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

APPLE STORE OPENING

henrygl
My fellow montrealers, if there are any, you should be gald. As it has been reported earlier, apple is opening an apple store, and ours is expected by the end of july. I was just wondering. Has anyone here ever gone to a normal size city apple store opening? was it crowdy? how early were you there? did u get any free things from apple? overall, how was your apple store opening experience?
indeedwrestling
Very good. I liked the free stuff they gave out and appreciated how helpful they were on all the product details. I wish they carried more games but I guess language restrictions means they can't have anything that doesn't have a native French version. Seems draconian to me!
alkady
Trust me, I've seen videos from Apple Store Openings from around the world, The One in London was weird because the Employees had to...you dont want to know, It's no different from Camp.

And yes it is extremely crowded, I'll bet you the line will be pack before it even opens with AppleHeads (Apple Addicts), Apple Followers, Apple Whatever you call them. The most crowded ones are the Flagship Stores and not those little stubby Apple boutiques in Malls. And the give aways are extremely generous, Usually they give out free gift certificates, Apple Memorabillias (T-Shirts, AppleGears ect) to the first in line. Eventually they may even have the Pre-Opening Raffle where a lucky few will win free Apple Gadgets like iPod Shuffles, ect. But I'm not sure if they will give out iPod Videos, If so I'm going to be there.

Also, Tell me where did you get the news? I like to see it since I'm from Montreal, I may attend if its worth it. Is this a Flagship Store opening or a Boutique Type?
angelussum
Huh, this sounds interesting. I've never been to an opening before, but Apple sounds pretty generous . Too bad I don't live in Montreal =P Does this happen for ALL Apple store openings?
chazcb
alkady wrote:
Trust me, I've seen videos from Apple Store Openings from around the world, The One in London was weird because the Employees had to...you dont want to know, It's no different from Camp.

And yes it is extremely crowded, I'll bet you the line will be pack before it even opens with AppleHeads (Apple Addicts), Apple Followers, Apple Whatever you call them. The most crowded ones are the Flagship Stores and not those little stubby Apple boutiques in Malls. And the give aways are extremely generous, Usually they give out free gift certificates, Apple Memorabillias (T-Shirts, AppleGears ect) to the first in line. Eventually they may even have the Pre-Opening Raffle where a lucky few will win free Apple Gadgets like iPod Shuffles, ect. But I'm not sure if they will give out iPod Videos, If so I'm going to be there.

Also, Tell me where did you get the news? I like to see it since I'm from Montreal, I may attend if its worth it. Is this a Flagship Store opening or a Boutique Type?

What did they have to do? I'm interested because I used to be an Apple employee, and I participated in the opening of two stores. Neither was a flagship, though.