FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet service

CanadianGeek
I'm hoping for someone elses input on this situation. Here's the problem I'm having.

Lately, it seems that whenever it rains, the phone line shorts out, knocking out our phones and internet service. We put in two calls so far for technical support to our phone provider and the second time they were here they replaced the entire phone line. Yet this problem still occurs and in fact it's much worse now than before. Even fog shorts out the line now. Would I be jumping off the deep end if I just switched ISP's and cancelled the phone service at the end of the month and has anyone else ever had this problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
LukeakaDanish
I have never experienced anything like it, however another company is likely to use the same wires (they certainly would in denmark), so im not sure if that would help you in any way.

I think you should contact your ISP again and alert them of the problem.
CanadianGeek
Ah, thanks for the advice. I called them up. Maybe they'll fix the problem this time.

Btw, when I said cancel the phone service, I meant not go to another provider since they're the only provider in the province. If they weren't we would have switched ages ago. They've gone pretty crooked lately, more so than any politician would Razz
Donutey
if you have cable service you can always switch to that, then ditch the land line in favor of a cell phone.
CanadianGeek
Well, that's just the thing, there's no cable or cell phone service where I live. (My parents I think moved back in time to the bloody stone age). However, you do have a great idea there. We may just ditch phones all together, and go to our satellite provider for internet service. Thank you for the suggestion.

And just FYI, the internet cut out four times just while I was typing this. I appologize if there's a duplicate post because I'm not yet familiar with how to delete my own posts and the internet quit while I was in the process of submitting this one, twice.
otiscom
Surely it the telephone companies responsibility to repai the lines not your ISP?
technology.sponge
are u sure its not some overlooked area?

say where the cables run into the building?
is there a broken gutter seeping water into the switchbox?
or is the manhole leaking?