FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

JFK Reloaded

photographerguy
I did a search and couldn't find a previous topic

This game is a couple of years old, but I just heard about it in an article about violent video games in The Detroit News.

I don't know what to think about it. Kind of a guilty pleasure maybe, kind of very disturbing also.

The premise is to assasinate President Kennedy as accurately as possible just like Lee Harvey Oswald did. It is only one scene that lasts about 30 seconds. It is a replica scene of the actual event, very accurate. The physics and ballistic systems are amazing. Plus the people are actually perfect replicas of the victims. I think this is why it is disturbing, it is very realistic.

Some people got really mad. I don't see the difference between this and murder, killing sprees in Grand Theft Auto or plenty of other war/violent games (which I like).

Anyways the company went out of business so the game is considered abandon ware. It can be downloaded free from google. It is legal, not warez or pirated software.

Has anyone seen this?
faker_phil
I just tried it and I find it disturbing. Why would somebody try to relive the moment and even try to be as "good" as the assassin. Why kill JFK again, virtually?

I have to say though, that I had 540 with my first try Razz
Timonator
I read about the game in a GamePro a Dutch computergame magazine. Well the game is a game about many discussions is it tolerable to release such games. But we have to see it this way games are there to amuse us just like the way you are watching a movie. If people like to shoot Kennedy and they enjoy it the this is the game for them. Maybe yo know the game manhunt I like the game the gameplay is good but it has a high amount of gore in it. I play the game because I think it is fun. No way I want to take a bat and splatter someones brains against the walls Cool
linkman2004
I heard about this game a while back and was appalled. Who would want to re-enact something like that? I still have a bigger beef with GTA, though. Evil or Very Mad
faker_phil
linkman2004 wrote:
I still have a bigger beef with GTA, though. Evil or Very Mad

I don't mind that, it's got a storyline, and what's wrong with working for the mob? As long as you don't run around randomly killing people...

... which the game encourages Confused