FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cat chases bear up tree.

Hogwarts
This is DEFINITLEY news worth hearing about.
Quote:
A black bear picked the wrong yard for a jaunt, running into a territorial tabby who ran the furry beast up a tree _ twice.

Jack, a 15-pound orange and white cat, keeps a close vigil on his property, often chasing small animals, but his owners and neighbors say his latest escapade was surprising.

Continued on cbs news from cbs news.

That is one protective kitty. And a cat chasing a bear up a tree? Thats just funny Wink . Still, it just goes to show how cats are smarter then any other animal on this planet. (They let you THINK you are smarter, yet they make you feed them and do work for them... Why don't you work out who is in charge on the Earth?)
CrimsonStrange
I love that story & that picture! LoL
I saw this same story on another site, and in that version of it, the cat didn't even have claws!
Just goes to show that no matter how small you are, if you can look frightening enough and make enough fuss, you can probably scare off your enemy at least once... or twice. Smile
tidruG
CrimsonStrange wrote:
Just goes to show that no matter how small you are, if you can look frightening enough and make enough fuss, you can probably scare off your enemy at least once... or twice. Smile

Alternatively,
Just goes to show that no matter how small you are, if you can look frightening enough and make enough hssssss, you can probably scare off your enemy at least once... or twice. Smile

I don't know about you, but I retract my hand very quickly when I hear a "hssss" emanating from a strange cat I had assumed to be friendly Wink
schudder
Damn, that is one funny picture Laughing
I've seen cats scare people and other animals away before, but a black bear? (and that high up?)

Makes me wonder though... how exactely did the bear get down? Seems like a pretty thin tree with very few branches... Getting up is one thing, but down?
skullflower
My ugly dog named Ewoke does the same thing. Except with dinosaurs. He has one mean bark. And he has one hideous face to accompany it. Personally, I think my Dog deserves this spotlight.
sugarbox
^ ^ '' a little bit fun
triggerhappy
oh that is so funny he may be cute but that cat knows how to fight dang i almost feel sorry for the intruding bear Very Happy
Michael B
That is funny, if I cat do that don't you think a human could as well? Any one want to give it a try :P

I saw a short vidio clip with cats doing all sorts of things, to of the best was a cat chaseing a bear and one fighting a dog and haveing the best of it.