FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the difference?!

quartnee
I was looking at another topic on this forum and as I was reading I saw something that confused me:

Quote:
(...) he may still love you but that doesnt mean that hes in love with you.

Is there a difference between loving and being in love? For some reason I always thought they were one and the same. Unless of course you're talking about family, like I love my mom, but I'm not "in love" with her. But in this case they were speaking of a relationship between two unrelated people. How can you love someone and not be in love? Confused
SmackAHobo
I actually thought about this for a while, and once you boil it down, they're both the same, or perhaps you are in love with your mum (subconsciously Wink)
Jaiye
I love a lot of people. I love my family. I love my friends, wether they're guys or girls. Yes, there are girls I love, but am not in love with. I would never date them, or have any romantic feelings towards them, but the core emotion of love is far deeper then romantic feelings. But if in a romantic relationship either one is missing, it will either fail or just be drug down to the ground.
area547
the difference is the degree.
You'll love a lot of things, like Jaiye already said. You'll even love a girl/boy friend for the first month or two, then your emotion move from "I want to have sex 24 hours a day 7 days a week" to "Lets buy a minivan and have 7 kids". I always like to think that if you've found a happy medium between the two, then you're in love.
altikris
oh theres a difference. completely. when you love someone you care about them, you do things for them and you dont want bad things to happen to them. you think about them and you love them. being IN LOVE with someone is completely different. when your in love with someone you always think about them. you want to be everything for them, you want to do things with them and be close to them. you want to spend your life with them. your closer to someone your in love with than someone you love. there is a difference. oh yes.
the_mariska
area547 wrote:
the difference is the degree.
You'll love a lot of things, like Jaiye already said. You'll even love a girl/boy friend for the first month or two, then your emotion move from "I want to have sex 24 hours a day 7 days a week" to "Lets buy a minivan and have 7 kids". I always like to think that if you've found a happy medium between the two, then you're in love.
LOL, I've almost fallen off my chair Laughing. But there's something in it.

In my opinion being in love with sb means that you want this person for you, while loving somebody means that you want to be for this person. When in love, you dream and cry about this very special one, you want to be seeing him/her all the time, to be kissed, huged and assured that he/she feels the same too. When you love someone, you do everything to make him feel better, give him/her the best of you and the most of your time, forgive everyting, and are happy because you see him/her happy. Being inlove is rather a feeling, love is rather a devotion. Of course the both things go in hand, but teenagers are more 'in love', while elderly people 'love' more.