FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Techno

linexpert
Hello,
I listen to all kinds of music. I like techno but don't know of any famous artist or albums. If you guys listen to techno can you post some famous artists and songs or albums and i'll try getting them.
One last thing i wanted to ask was, what software is best to make techno music.
thanks
tingkagol
techno is pretty broad.

i personally like deep/chill-out/latin house. That said, Late Night Alumni, Kaskade, Miguel Migs, Latrice, Lisa Shaw, and the whole hed kandi buffet comes to mind.

I hate disco house and I hate dancing.
aznsensation
I agree with tingkagol, there's a lot of branches to techno. Coming from a DJ, I personally love mixing Euro (some good artists are DJ Inphinity, The Underdog Project, Sarina Paris), Trance (some artists: Paul Oakenfold, Tiesto, BT), and any hardhouse beats are good (I recommend DJ Caffiene, DJ Rozz, and DJ Bizerk). As for programs, I use Atomix Virtual DJ. Hope I helped you out a bit, peace.
stowesa
There isnt really any famous techno artists you have to just sample many diffrent ones and find one you like but no are really famous.
tony
hey there. im a big electronica fan. i prefer the new indietronic music over older - more techno music. The best indietronic artist of all time is The Postal Service, hands down. Other good artists of the genre are lali puna, styrofoam, the go find, efterklang, caribou, and the notwist. modern indie electronica is pretty big in germany but just beginning to become more well-regarded in other parts of europe. i dont believe its known well in the US.
tingkagol
"indietronic"... now that's new.
alienjones
When asked for "techno-artists" there are thousands coming into my mind Wink

"Real" Techno: Plastiman aka Richie Hawtin, Hardfloor, Woody McBride aka DJ ESP, DJ Rush, Thomas P. Heckmann, Johhanes Heil, Paul Kalkbrenner
Electro: Anthony Rother, Richard Bartz
Techhouse: Telemen (awesome!), Dominik Eulberg, Hakan Libdo

The best software for sniffing into producing techno-music is Fruity Loops or Propellerheads Rebirth (freeware!). Pro Tools are Propellerheads Reason, Steinbergs Cubase and AudioLogic. Be prepare to read a lot of manuals as these programs are really complex Wink