FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Warcraft

linexpert
Hi,
I've read some posts on WoW but i wanted to make a thread where we can talk about regular warcraft. I don't play wow cause it's too expansive.
Warcraft is very addictive and i love it.

I'm wondering what are some of your strategies. Here are a couple of mine:
1. I usually choose the night elf
2. I get total of 10 wisps and here is where i put them
5 on a gold mine
3 getting me wood
1 making farms
1 making the alter of kings
3. Once i get my hero / 6 farms i start making the barrack
4. I make three more wisps and put two on wood and one to wonder arround discovering more land and enemies
5. The main strategy is to know where your enemies are before they find out where you are
6. Like many new players i don't wait for my army to get huge i take my small army and attack the opponant. Small army is good because even though you may not be ready as much as you'd like, your oponats strategy won't work if he's thinking long term

what are some of your strategies for warcraft?
darkhallow
Hey guy , I play WC too, I realy love this game ,I played it when WarCraft3 : Region of Chaos has released... many races I choosed 4 play but now I'm a UnDead, I belive that UD is more flexible than other races, also it's need more micro to control the game. and I love all the characters in this race specialy DK (DeathKnight)... its my favore Hero. Fiend+Destroyer is my favore strategy with DK+Lich.
I lived with all of this guys and I'm waitin for new version of WC ...
You could find good reply in this website ,so you can watch them and do more practice, then , i think you've change your strategy.
have fun with WC3. Wink
bYe.
m_furquan36
Quote:
1. I usually choose the orc race

Okay so you choose orcs, and you train wisps..? Am I missing somethign here?
linexpert
tnx, i corrected it Very Happy
e-webz
i also have play wc,i start playing it from 12 years old,it is a nice game.i like 2 use night elf
7Pound7
hi folks

i played w3ROC and w3TFT for quite some years. the game is getting old...
with ROC i played orc, when TFT came out i shifted to night elf. night elf are an easy race to learn how to play well and to micro. you need to worry less about healing then with the other races but then they have many units with low hitpoints. with orc i liked to go with the farseer or blademaster. add some orcs at tier 1, tech up and throw in 2 catapults and witchdocters plus shamans. attack the enemy and continue to push him while teching to tier 3. get the taurens and healing wards. reached quite a nice level with this general strat. with nightelf i went mostly demon hunter first followed by keeper of the grove or warden. in NE mirror i went priestess of the moon first of course. against orc i swapped to KotG as first hero also. in tier 1 get archers and maybe one or two huntresses if you tech late and do need some meatshield. but i prefer teching fast and get bears and druids of the talon (dott's). a mixed army was always my favorite so i like to throw in some dryads too. anyways had lots of fun and excitement with this game. retired from it now.

7Pound7
tydzjing
I play WC too, I realy love this game, i play WC2
uslhoops
I also play Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne and the dota patch that enable users to play against lan or online. I love dota because it will let you play on the best dota warcraft gamers its very challenging hero against hero.
faker_phil
uslhoops wrote:
I also play Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne and the dota patch that enable users to play against lan or online. I love dota because it will let you play on the best dota warcraft gamers its very challenging hero against hero.

Dota is for noobs. Play real wc3 Wink
Dman12
I played WOW
buti don't like him so i delete him.. (alot of GB)
now i dont play games.. :\
zlang
i play WC too,it is relly a great game, I usually choose the night elf too Laughing
exarkun
faker_phil wrote:
uslhoops wrote:

Dota is for noobs!? No way. It is a nice game as well. WarCraft 3 is just another type of gameplay, I think.
Ikthar
Sometimes I play Warcraft too, but when I'm bored with the normal game, I play DotA, since it's very fun. Warcraft III is a very old game, but it has a nice gameplay, and that's why many people still playing that wonderful game. That game is a example of gameplay winning over the graphics part of a game.
beemzet
WarCraft is one of my best two games (the second is Pro Evolution Soccer).

I play with orcs. Sometimes I think of changing the race, but playing with other races is not so enjoyable as with orcs. The only thing i don't like in orcs is that grunts and viverns cost too expensive.

My strategy is:
1. Go to enemy's base with a hero and 2 grunts with 2 peons.
2. Build 2 watchtowers(don't know how they are called in orc's language) and wait untill they are finished.
3. Attack and hide under watchtowers.
4. Build another watchtower and repair damaged ones.
5. Win the game... (in most cases)

I wish i could increase my micro....
Hogwarts
Well.. If you walk about original warcraft I would think Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, but you aren't Rolling Eyes

Warcraft 3 is classic. Not only is it great for quickmatch, the custom side rocks as I am experienced at mapping. My strategy is simple:
Get farseer (or blademaster)
Get grunts
Get mill (or stronghold)
Get troll headhunters (or raiders, if got stronghold)
Then I rush. It's fun to own towerushers with raiders. Then sending the farseer into their base and killing it with Earthquaks... Hehehe
Tac-Tics
linexpert wrote:

1. I usually choose the night elf
5 on a gold mine
3 getting me wood
1 making farms
1 making the alter of kings
3. Once i get my hero / 6 farms i start making the barrack

That is an aweful, aweful build order. By the time you have 6 Moonwells, you'd be dead.

Here's a slight improvement:
1. Put 2 wisps in gold, 1 in lumber, 1 building your alter, 1 building a moonwell. Queue the builder wisps to return to lumber so you don't have to move them when they are done). The best hero for NE is probably Demon Hunter, though many players like to go with the melee Neutral Heros, since archers are weak as lint.

2. Start churning out more wisps (though never keep more than 1 in queue at a time). Queue the first three produced into gold (for a total of 5), and the rest into lumber.

3. When you have the resources, build your Ancient of War. And a second moon well. When your AoW is complete, start churning out archers. (again, never keep more than 1 unit waiting in your queue). It's usually not worth going to huntresses.

4. With NE, you need about 7 to 10 wisps in wood for the early game. After you reach that number, you won't need any more.

5. After you have your wisps and a handful of archers, it's usually good to get to tier 2 as quickly as possible. While your tree is upgrading, you should creep and harass your opponent. When your tree is about 75% done, get a huntress hall and a shop.

6. Once you have your tier 2, make a second hero. Usually players get neutral melee heros or the neutral Naga hero as their second. At this point, you should build two Ancients of Lore.

From there on, just keep making dryads and archers. Someplayers like to go for Cyclone-enabled DoTs instead versus Orc.
Ratman2050
Warcraft Is a very good game, I have Clan for DotA-Allstars if anyone plays that. Its called Clan-NDA. Clan National DotA-Allstars. I have hosted a website for it and I am looking for new people that could help out at bieng moderators. Website: www.clan-nda.frih.net

Anyways Dota Is not for Noobs. I also play regular Warcraft 3 TFT Games.
andy26
hi i heard that 2 parents with this game had online lan games 2gether they where so addicted that they forgot 2 feed their child kinda sick realy init. its to sick to say wht happend next
faker_phil
exarkun wrote:
faker_phil wrote:
uslhoops wrote:

Dota is for noobs!? No way. It is a nice game as well. WarCraft 3 is just another type of gameplay, I think.

Don't want to offend you or anything, but in Dota, you can kill a hero within seconds, in real Wc3, ya can't. The gameplay (and I mean the balance of the game) is just really screwed up in dota. Just like in Tides of Blood or Footmen .

--No offense!
Ikthar
faker_phil wrote:
exarkun wrote:
faker_phil wrote:
uslhoops wrote:

Don't want to offend you or anything, but in Dota, you can kill a hero within seconds, in real Wc3, ya can't. The gameplay (and I mean the balance of the game) is just really screwed up in dota. Just like in Tides of Blood or Footmen .

--No offense!

You can kill a hero in seconds maybe because that's one of the objectives of the game. In normal Warcraft, killing a hero is a big advantage to the other player, but in DotA, killing a single hero doesn't mean that the other team is going to win.
FreeBay
oh i play warcraft iii tft.

I use human. i just try to get double arcane for sorc/priest/breakers goodness. then get a couple of knights to shield my breakers. of course, i change strats depending on the opponents strat but this is my normal strategy
faker_phil
Ikthar wrote:
You can kill a hero in seconds maybe because that's one of the objectives of the game. In normal Warcraft, killing a hero is a big advantage to the other player, but in DotA, killing a single hero doesn't mean that the other team is going to win.

That's true. I guess the whole game works to balance it again. Sorry for ranting Wink
exarkun
faker_phil wrote:
Ikthar wrote:

That's true. I guess the whole game works to balance it again. Sorry for ranting Wink

Yup. I would second it. Killing a hero in dota makes the player gains level more quickly, and that does not means you win. You still have the throne to take care of.
JML897
I play, although I'm not very good. Razz I usually go rifle/caster(human), but I don't do it well at all. Laughing
darkhallow
andy26 wrote:
hi i heard that 2 parents with this game had online lan games 2gether they where so addicted that they forgot 2 feed their child kinda sick realy init. its to sick to say wht happend next

hi, that was "World of Warcraft" not Warcraft and they was Rusian. WoW is a RPG game and its little bit diffrent. Wink
allanxiao
Warcraft 3 is my favourite game and death knight is my favourite hero. To use undead well, micro is essencial.
7Pound7
darkhallow wrote:
andy26 wrote:

hi, that was "World of Warcraft" not Warcraft and they was Rusian. WoW is a RPG game and its little bit diffrent. Wink

Still that story is sad.

Full power Escapism. Escape from the reality. Its ok for a while if teenage kids do that, but real life is always more important. If adults escape from real life and even forget to feed their kiddos, well that is horrible.

7Pound7
sketteksalfa
i play Dota All stars now, which runs in Frozen Throne release. I was addicted to these game trying all heroes and their capabilities. Learning strategies is fun especially if i fool someone around. But its all nonesense if you will play with your own pc. i havent tried Dota online yet, anyone can introduce this to me?
nakoth
I played WoW aswell, for quite a while.
But as usually with that sort of MMOs i got bored and havent been back since. Excellent game though and good fun (for a while).

If anyone is looking for something different, check out www.neocron.com
Revvion
still playing frozen throne now and then, only thing i am amazed at is that there still noobs Shocked outhere. no not players that arent good but noobs, like "How do i build my base?", "whats a wisp?"
r_y_e_20
Dota is the best that i tried so far. There are lots of strategies and varieties of heroes and items to choose from. The good thing is, there is thrill to the end of game coz you will really never know if you will win or not because of other heroes capabilities. If you search for Dota on the net, you can find it in different languages, and people are getting addicted to it. There are lots of reference websites for Dota, strategies and guides as well. There are tournaments too, all around the world.
TSpiralP
I usually go orc and put 1 to alter, 1 to burrow, 3 to gold... make 3 more put two in gold 1 to tree.. ones that came from the building stats go to trees. then after one brings back wood it goes imidiately to a barracks. I make another one to a burrow, after building they go back to wood. then I upgrade to teir 2 after enough resources.
faker_phil
Revvion wrote:
still playing frozen throne now and then, only thing i am amazed at is that there still noobs Shocked outhere. no not players that arent good but noobs, like "How do i build my base?", "whats a wisp?"

Lol I notice that too. You'd think that with the game being out for 4 years, there wouldn't be newbies out there anymore.
Shuryou
Topic creator, your build order is really bad and would get eaten online and probably by the computer as well.

Also, I'm doubting that you actually play, judging by the amount of things you have from different races to the one you say you play.

Here is a fantastic build order, but as with all build orders, you must be fast.

1. 3 wisps to gold, 1 to Altar, 1 to Moonwell
2. Set Tree of Life's rally point to Tree's and make a wisp
3. Set Tree of life's rally point to gold Mine and make 2 wisps
4. As soon as you have 70 wood make an AoW.
5. Keep pumping out wisps into the tree's.
6. When your altar is done, make DH and send the wisp into the tree's.
7. Same with the moonwell wisp. Have him make another moonwell as soon as you have 20 wood.
8. Your DH + All of your wisps should total 16 food.
9. When your AoW is ready, set the Rally point to your DH and also group it to 0.
10. Keep pumping archers one at a time, while you have your DH creep. While creeping build a Hunter's Hall and upfrade your tree.
11. Asap make your tier 2 buildings (I go for AoL usually) and your second hero.
12. Now you're done. You need to keep upgrading and pumping units as the resources become available. I recommend grouping your DH + Archers to ctrl+1 and your tier 2 + Second hero (PotM in my case) to ctrl+2. Then as you upgrade more and get more access make your next set of units to ctrl+3. In most cases, don't make a 3rd hero. It's good to have a mixture of Melee, Ranged and Spellcaster.