FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

News system

Bengt
I just want to integrate a newsystem on my site, so i can post it when I log in, and people can give comments and not that i always have to update the html page.
Any suggestions ? (i dont mean saying: use joomla or something Razz)

Thanks already
LukeakaDanish
Well...if you dont want to use wordpress, joomla phpNuke or something like that, you could write your own news - comments system in php or something - that shouldnt be THAT difficult...
DudeAmI0
LukeakaDanish is right, my announcment system (post an anouncmesnt, people respond) took only a hour, excluding login and logoutb (30 mins it seems like... mybe less). Using PHP with MySQL might be your best bet.
b4r4t
I'm testing CzarNews now.
It's PHP/MySQL based news system. Easy integration with any website/layout - just enter admin section and chose Code Generator - You will get php codewhitch You paste on any place of Your website Smile
It's fast, nice to use, You may ad users, allow comments, sort news by category, you have news search Smile
Try it if You want Smile

PS. It's 100% w3 XHTML Transitional valid ! Smile
Bengt
well, i have used joomla before, but didnt get the hang of it very fast you know,
and i dont have much time these days Smile
Eyre
i'd like to add in on this question

I want to do the same thing (add a news system that can be commented on and added through php)

I recently gained a basic learning in php, and don't really know where to start for this. i mean, what exactly is my code going to be contained. And where do i put it?
LukeakaDanish
Basic system:

4 documents:

1. News displayer
  2. Comments and news form
  3. Comments and news poster
  4. Storage (can be done with a MySQL database instead of a flat file if you know how to do those Very Happy)

Basically the news displayer is generated through data it gets from including the storage document.

The storage document is changed with fwrite() from the comment poster. The comment poster is called by the form which is just a simple HTML form.
Bengt
i love php, solutions for everything Laughing
too bad i cant code it lol Very Happy
LukeakaDanish
Well, Bengt, if you cant code php, then you will have to use some software like joomla. I suggest wordpress as an easy to modify alternative.
Hobbit
I suggest cutenews, I use that. www.bandoftheweek.com, look at the features.

There's also PHPnews, it's a bit more confusing than cutenews, but it displays how many times the news have been seen.
Bengt
well, ill try some of those,
i was installing CzarNews and i got a little problem:
Quote:
Database Definitions File
Could not create database definitions file. Please check to see that this directory's CHMOD settings are 777, and try again.

what directory should I exactly chmod 777 because it looks to be referring to my DB ?
b4r4t
Bengt wrote:
Quote:
Could not create database definitions file. Please check to see that this directory's CHMOD settings are 777, and try again.

what directory should I exactly chmod 777 because it looks to be referring to my DB ?

1st of all - You must have MySQL database (Make it in Direct Admin), then write all correctly (host, password, mysql user). CHmod the catalog where the czarnews files are Smile
It must work Smile
Antoine_935
b4r4t wrote:
Bengt wrote:
Quote:

1st of all - You must have MySQL database (Make it in Direct Admin), then write all correctly (host, password, mysql user). CHmod the catalog where the czarnews files are Smile
It must work Smile

No, this is a permission problem. you have to chmod 777 some directory. Maybe the directory where you put the script. I think the script you were running tried to write a file with database details, but it failed, because it has no permission to do this.
DanielXP
im making my own with

* Multi admin
* Database
* MD5 password
* News + Comments
* IP Banning
* Image Uploader

im about 75 % complete and will tell you when i release it! Very Happy
DanielXP
PLus News 1.1

http://www.scripting4habbo.com/downloads/click.php?id=35
NG
Plus News dnt work go to www.hotscripts.com plus news contains bugs and it is unsafe
DanielXP
http://rmb.smartwebz.co.uk/downloads/Plus%20News%201.2.zip

Plus News 1.2 Safe and easy.
screamingdecay
use cute news.

http://cutephp.com/

Take a look at the code, I do think its open source. It has the features you want and many more. I use have this as my news system.