FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

wow, tough crowd!

stampnights
man, people here sure are hard on a person. I have been reading thus forum to decide if I should advertise mine here, but you guys are brutal. I am not so sure I will post mine in this forum for approval. So some of us aren't professional programers, big deal! Some people just want to know it makes sense and looks okay before they tell the world to look it up. I vote unless someone specifically asks for programming advice, keep it to yourself.
LukeakaDanish
I post here now and then and i always try to mention both something good and something which could be improved.

Most people post like this in my experience, and as for the "negative" comments, they are only trying to help! - if they do say something very specific about webprogramming, which you dont understand, you will find that 9/10 of them will be ready to help you learn and understand what they are saying fully (i certainly always would).

If anybody is unreasonably harsh (or harsh in a personal / unconstructive way) , tell a mod, or even just write to them telling them not to be too hard on you because you "obviously arent as skilled" a programmer as they are - in my experience most people on frihost are actually NICE people!

I hope you will feel like posting your page Very Happy - maybe leave a comment with your initial post asking people not to be too harsh.

Sincerely

Luke
Hobbit
It's called constructive criticism. If you're happy being lied to and having a shit site, then that's ok. But the reality is, nothing is perfect, and that's why you are supposed to learn from your mistakes (people's 'negative' comments). This isn't just in websites, in the real world as well. Get used to it.
Donutey
I think the best thing a webmaster can do is try their best, present it to other people (and get negative feedback) , and then fix the problems and you've proved yourself to the community, you're appeasing the user... and that's the most important thing.
Helios
Do you have a site to advertise? No? Then -close-

If you do have one, open a thread about YOUR SITE.
This forum is here so people could ADVERTISE THEIR SITES. That's it.

If you don't like someone's reply(even mine), you can report him/her to the staff.