FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Email forwarding

warallthetm
So i have a website http://www.sk8te.uk.to hosted on godaddy, i got the domain from afraid.org, i want to be able to recieve emails from my domain (like support@sk8te.uk.to) and possibly forward them to my gmail account. I cant figure out how to do that! Please help
photographerguy
I don't know what you are using for a control panel (cpanel, direct admin, etc) but I use direct admin. It is really easy, just select an option called email forewarders and pick the recipient addresses.
Bockman
warallthetm i do not use affraid.org, but the domain on the email you want forwarded is from them.

IF you have a way to forward the email@sk8te.uk.to (wich in reality is a forward mail only, with no space to save emails) to your accounts email at frihost, you will be able to set your forwardings from there to any other account you want or simply use frihost's POP3 service.

Be Well Cool
brevity
I've actually been wondering the same thing.

I run retardedwizard.com , or, retardedwizard.frih.net . same site, different name. Anyway, any time I try to just add a forwarder, it puts it as forward@retardedwizard.frih.net but I want @retardedwizard.com

How does one do that?
Bockman
brevity wrote:
I've actually been wondering the same thing.

I run retardedwizard.com , or, retardedwizard.frih.net . same site, different name. Anyway, any time I try to just add a forwarder, it puts it as forward@retardedwizard.frih.net but I want @retardedwizard.com

How does one do that?

try and access the control panel for your bought domain (your registrar ought to have givven you access to a control panel where you can control your domain name and configure it. probably where you configured your domain to point to FriHost server)

Don't think this can be configured through FriHost's cPanel.

Be Well Cool
brevity
Okay, I'll take a look at that. Thanks!
Traveller
Some places may use the term "alias" to refer to setting up email addresses that server no other purpose other than being forwarded somewhere else, so you may need to look under "aliases" instead of "forwarding."