FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What would I listen from Aphex Twin?

JayBee
I have some songs from Aphex Twin.
I want some tips.
What would I listen from him to establish who he is.
Thank a lot
jeremoi
I would just listen to them at random. The best, for aby music is for it to come up of shuffle when you're in a mood for whatever music.
Scott
Aphex Twin is awesome once you ge tinto him, he's one of my favorite artists around now, but I'll admit I didn't like him at first.

Some of the stuff that really got me into him are songs like Flim, 4, Come to Daddy and Girl/Boy Song.

He has a huge variety of music though, those are just some songs I like.
Josso
Joint first in my most favourite artist of all time.

I'd copy my whole album collection of his but it's so big it would almost be spam unfortunatly. If you'd like to talk to me more about the great Richard D James then MSN me: bluetard@josso.co.uk

Anyway... I don't really get your post but it seems like you need to listen at random? I don't know...

For a bit of background information on his other aliasis:
Aphex Twin, AFX, Bradley Strider, Polygon Window, Caustic Window, SoitP.P, GAK, Q-Chastic, Richard D James, The Dice Man, and many others that I have written down somewhere.

Some are worth checking out... I recommend Caustic Window for starters.
JayBee
Josso wrote:
Some are worth checking out... I recommend Caustic Window for starters.

I'll try it.

I know, that You will answer me, becaus i notice your avatar somewhere Wink
Thank you

(I have only "26 Mixes For Cash" where are beautiful mixes.
That was the first time I heard about him.)
legion
The best thing to start listen to Aphex Twin is to see all of his videos ... and he has a lot of them. I don't know if he has a "normal" video. All videos i've seen are very weird especially "Come to Daddy" and "Windowlicker" (the most known) and also "Nannou" .
After this you should see Aphex live in action like this concert in Torino : http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3494984611553953984&q=aphex+twin , so you'll see what genious mind he has.

And at the very last you shoul now listen to his albums. I recommend "Windowlicker E.P" or his AFX albums.
Artelis
First, don't listen to a lot of Drukqs. That album was made as a contract killer from his old record label. It was meant to suck. There might be one or two songs on that album that are ok, but the rest are just jokes. Richard D. James is probably his best album. I'd check that one out first.
JayBee
Artelis wrote:
... Richard D. James is probably his best album. I'd check that one out first.

I found that album and it is realy good and the best is Girl/Boy song. I love that.

Thanks all!
strato_220
Windowlicker by him is pretty good
Scott
"First, don't listen to a lot of Drukqs. That album was made as a contract killer from his old record label. It was meant to suck. There might be one or two songs on that album that are ok, but the rest are just jokes."

I love Drukqs, maybe a few songs are shitty, but I like the rest. What makes you think it is intentionally shitty?
jamesjolliffe
There's not really one album that sums Aphex Twin up in a nutshell. That's what makes him awesome. If, after you listened to an AFX album, you made some judgement about his style of music and put him in a box you'd find he had leaped out of it in the next record. It'd be the same situation for the one after that too. Then, when you go through a decent chunk of his sickeningly extensive discography you'll discover that he's mastered a multitude of musical styles, where most musicians or bands just stick to a single sound. Which means you can spend wayyyyy to much time listening to Aphex Twin.
The Mitchell
man i have everything as far as i know. Aphex has done allsorts under many pseudonyms including AFX, Richard D James (hisreal name) and his latest is the tuss (not confirmed yet but v probable) id say route through his stuff and find everything you can and just listen there is so much stuff from glitch to acid to techno to breakcore. Generally a bit of anything electronic. enjoy