You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

PITTSBURGH (June 12, 2006) -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle crash and taken to a hospital.

"He was alert and conscious," said Ernie Roman, shift commander for the Allegheny County emergency service.

Steelers Dave Lockett, outside Mercy Hospital, confirmed the accident but did not provide additional details.

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle.

Calls to Roethlisberger's agent, Leigh Steinberg, were not immediately returned. In only his second year in the NFL, Roethlisberger helped guide the Steelers to the Super Bowl championship last season.

just turned on my aim and my friend tells me about this, first i didnt beleive it cuz he know i like the steelers and i thought he was playing a joke on me. but when i checked it out on nfl website it made me feal like shit. first, the steelers might be screwed for next season. second, probably no chance of superbowl. third, my fantasy football team will be ben-less so i just hope he gets better and i hope he wasnt hurt badly
yeh I heard about this. Hopefully his injuries aren't too bad and he can make a full recovery in time.
I guess nobody in the NFL will be allowed to ride a motor cycle any more. I'm wondering if his injuries would be less if he wore the helmet.
Let me begin by saying that I hope that he makes a full recovery and has no permanent damage done.

Now that is out of the way, This only helps the Cincinnati Bengals get to the Super Bowl this year considering the whole Kimo Von Olhoffen assination of Palmer last year. It just seems that the football gods are trying to make things right.

In case you Steeler fans were wondering Carson is starting 7 on 7 drills this week and may in fact be on track to start opening day dispite the best efforts of Cower and the Steeler bunch.

Also, I heard a joke the other day on the radio on my way home from work and thought that you may want to hear it. Again let me preface this by saying that I hope Ben is making a full recovery. "With Ben's facial injury's if you put a wig on him he is still the most beautiful women in Pittsburgh."

That is all

Go Bengals.
Someone on the Cleveland Browns was injured on a motorcycle too, I forget who it was though. But hey, maybe the Browns will beat the Steelers now!! (nah probably not)
Well I hope that he will be OK, and will be go out from this injure and become healthy soon.
Hey, maybe they can convince Bubby Brister to come out of retirement (or is he even retired) to help them start the season.

What a blow to Steelers fans.
Trapper wrote:
Hey, maybe they can convince Bubby Brister to come out of retirement (or is he even retired) to help them start the season.

What a blow to Steelers fans.

Wow... that's funny... or maybe Mike Tomzack or even...........Kordel Stewart!
S3nd K3ys