FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About making multisessions on R-CD?

lancerfootwear
dear sir
I want know how to make multisessios on a R-CD and what does it mean to make multisessions on CD. Is it mean that we can rewrite the CD having multisessions on it.
Please make me clear about it.
saurabh.sauron
R-CD means CD-Recordable. multisession means that u can keep on adding data till there is no space left on the cd.
when u write on a blank disk, all the files form one session. when u write again, u form another session. this way, u can have several sessions. u can disable multisession also by unchecking Enable Multisession in Nero though i do not advise it.
Traveller
Simply stated, by performing a multisession burn, you leave the door open to allow you to add more files to the same disc later on. If you do not use the multisession option, the disc is "finalized," and will no longer accept additional files.

Although the multisession option is useful for data disks, some audio or MP3 CD players have difficulty with discs that contain multiple sessions, so I could not recommend leaving the multisession option on all the time unless you know, ahead of time, that the player in which you will be using the disc will not have a problem with it. Unfortunately, most of the time, the player's instructions won't say yea or nay about multisession support, so about the only way to discover this is to make a multisession disc and try it.