FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is ASP?

lancerfootwear
dear sir
I have listened about ASP Language but don't know about it what it is and how it wirks. Can you please briefly explain me about its working way.
Is it used to make web pages more interactive or to maintain database structure on internet.please make me clear.
thanking you.
dimis
lancerfootwear wrote:

Is it used to make web pages more interactive
Scorpio
Dude, that is the 3rd post in this forum you've made today which has no real significance

Go to google

type "asp" and click search

it will help
Traveller
scorpio wrote:
Dude, that is the 3rd post in this forum you've made today which has no real significance

Go to google

type "asp" and click search

it will help

...and that is about the least helpful response I've seen. Millions of people use Google (or any search engine), but fewer know how to use them properly. Simply entering "asp" will also give results for the "Association of Shareware Professionals," the "Astronomical Society of the Pacific," and poisonous snakes. Entering "asp language" will produce much better results. For these reasons, I consider any "just do a Google search" responses to be spam, since they contribute nothing constructive to the discussion.

If there is already a thread on the board that answer's the poster's question, it is far more productive for both the poster, and anyone else who may read the thread, to post a link directly to the older thread.

Even more useful is to answer the question:

"ASP" stands for "Active Server Pages," and is a scripting language that allows developers to make their webpages more dynamic. It was developed by Microsoft and, thus, only works on Microsoft (i.e. some form of Windows)-based servers.

Other similar scripting languages are "JSP" (Java Server Pages), from Sun, and "PHP" (originally meaning "Php: Hypertext Preprocessor"), which is Open Source. Each of these are available for multiple platforms.

PHP is generally the best way to go, since it has a broader base and works on many more servers than ASP or JSP.

For further information, http://www.w3schools.com/asp/default.asp has a good ASP tutorial, and the same site, through http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp has a good PHP tutorial. By examining the first few pages of each tutorial, you should be able to get a good idea of what these languages do, whether they are appropriate for your own site, and which would be better for your particular use.
manumiglani
lancerfootwear wrote:
dear sir
I have listened about ASP Language but don't know about it what it is and how it wirks. Can you please briefly explain me about its working way.
Is it used to make web pages more interactive or to maintain database structure on internet.please make me clear.
thanking you.

Hello Vikas,

Well ASP means active server pages. You can make dynamic websites with it that can interact with the database......

Well if you are serious about learning ASP, I would recommend you to buy Sams Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days . By this book, you can learn asp without any teacher or guidance. It is available in India at any good book store....

Also, if you are not that serious about asp I would recommend you to learn through w3schools.org tutorials ( http://www.w3schools.com/asp/default.asp ). Also there are many forums on the internet where you can ask your questions and clarify your doubts about asp. ( http://forums.aspfree.com )
{name here}
I do not reccomend you use ASP. It is depreciated and only a small percentage of hosts still use the Windows server that they need to use it. I reccomend you learn PHP. Many more hosts support it, it's open source, and it's much easier to learn especially if you have experience in Perl, C, or Javascript.