FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone Listen to J-rock?

KaolasHikarii
Hello Very Happy, yeah I was wondering if anyone else here listened to Japanese rock...at the moment i'm listening to Gackt's Redemption, the theme song for Dirges of Cerberus ( A New FF7 Spin Off Game ). I also like Hyde's Season's Call ^^
ashen
I listening J-Rock too!
I like L'Arc~en~Ciel's, Gackt's, and X-Japan's songs. ^^
Shuragawa
i love j-rock. i listen to Gackt,malice mizer(though they broke up),dir en grey.
achene
Bah. I think its really stupid to name a genre J-rock/J-pop whatever. We dont call american rock A-Rock do we? do we call russian techno R-Techno? I dont see the point?
Personally i prefer metal and i understand that some people like the socalled J-rock but theres no point in naming a genre like that.

just my oppion sorry.
shinnoyami
*raises hand* I do, I do!
Malice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois (although lately their style has been more like metal) are my favorites
malice mizer is on a hiatus, no? but it seems like chances of them ever getting back together is slim. Sad
hazaramat
Melt Banana! also known as MxBx. the best J-rock band. 2 girls 2 boys, rocking and rolling. does anyone know them?
NB. they are from japan, and play rock, so I assumed they can be called a J-rock band. but frankly, this is the first time I ear about this rock sub genre...
jasmine
I listen to J-rock. This could have been the effect of being an anime fanatic and a Japanese language student. But, all I can say is, there is something about Japanese music that attracts me way back as a child.

As of the moment, I like listening to Utada Hikaru, especially her song, First Love. Very Happy
Sirpale
I listen too Gacktos music Smile He is fabolous singer, his voice is so amazing, strong but gentle. I really like his songs, especially redemption, luna, cube, speed master and doomsday. :> But I dont understand the Japanese language, but it is so beautiful language. So its nice to listen. :> And it is good listen sometimes something else than a english music, dont you think?
Sipe
Yes, Gackt is really good singer Razz I agree, its good to listen sometimes japanese music, than english music. I also listen Merry and MUCC. And a little bit X japan Wink
Chalchihuitlicue
shinnoyami wrote:
*raises hand* I do, I do!
Malice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois (although lately their style has been more like metal) are my favorites
malice mizer is on a hiatus, no? but it seems like chances of them ever getting back together is slim. Sad

The chances of Malice Mizer getting back together, as much as I hate to admit it, are zero. Mana seems to be the only one (aside from Yu~ki who seems to have fallen off the planet) who refuses to allow the band to officially "disband". Everyone has moved on to other things, and they seem quite happy with what they're doing now.

Mana has Moi dix Mois, Közi has his solo stuff as well as Eve of Destiny (if that ever gets back under way, I don't know much about it), Gackt has his solo thing and now SKIN, Klaha has his own solo thing going (and has recently said on his site that he will be making more music soon), and Yu~ki has pretty much vanished aside from writing a few lyrics for Közi.

XD I've finally accepted that Malice Mizer is no more, and have moved on to following the solo careers of its members, and obsessing over another Japanese musician: Kaya.

A random-ish sidenote: Anyone here heard anything by Versailles yet? I think they're quite a promising group... Kamijo and Hizaki working together promises to be AMAZING.
Ducksteina
I like some songs by Gackt, but that's all. I'm not a that big fan of Japanese music actually...
pedrothelion
hazaramat wrote:
Melt Banana! also known as MxBx. the best J-rock band. 2 girls 2 boys, rocking and rolling. does anyone know them?
NB. they are from japan, and play rock, so I assumed they can be called a J-rock band. but frankly, this is the first time I ear about this rock sub genre...

Heh, at first I was like, man MxPx are japanese! But then, after a closer look I realized.. Rolling Eyes Cool

Dadeedadodadeedadumdadadeedadudam didam,
Chick magnet, chick magnet, chick magnet, yeah! Surprised