FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

JOOMLA: Has anyone succeeded in installing it at FRIH.Net?

parokya
I have just installed the most recent stable version of Joomla in my site at http://mgcp.frih.net but it won't correctly install. Has anyone succeeded in doing it in their server? I'd like to know so that I can ask how they did it. thanks.
JayBee
I have proceded succesful instalation of mambo on frihost server, so joomla is the "same"? Or not?

I'm going to upgrade to joomla by next 2 weeks
test32rota
I have installed joomla 1.08 two weeks before. No special problems, just don't forget create database in DirectAdmin and setup appropriated permissions before proceeding to joomla installation.
parokya
test32rota wrote:
I have installed joomla 1.08 two weeks before. No special problems, just don't forget create database in DirectAdmin and setup appropriated permissions before proceeding to joomla installation.

I did that already. But I still have problems.
selim06
I have complitely instaled it and Frihost support the file formats and all of the script which requires from Joomla..
Bockman
parokya wrote:
test32rota wrote:

parokya, you can try and get someone to install it for you in the marketplace. there are some users there doing that kind of work and some have a good reputation at doing it.

Be Well Cool
selim06
Bockman wrote:
parokya wrote:
test32rota wrote:

parokya, you can try and get someone to install it for you in the marketplace. there are some users there doing that kind of work and some have a good reputation at doing it.

Be Well Cool

for example I can do it for free!If you want send the details by a PM.
deedee
Joomla installation on frih.net works fine.
You could post your problem here, what you did and what you get and we'll find a solution.
You'll learn more from it, then when someone else installed everything for you.
exarkun
Yup, i agree. And I had also installed joomla before, plus a integration of smf forum into joomla. Both works fine. But now i had changed to phpBB forum.
yaashop
i'm about to install Joomla in my site too. heard abotu ti alot and wanna try. anyway i also did a search and found this post http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32343&highlight=joomla try follow it and i will try it too after shower.
deedee
yaashop wrote:
i'm about to install Joomla in my site too. heard abotu ti alot and wanna try. anyway i also did a search and found this post http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32343&highlight=joomla try follow it and i will try it too after shower.

Maybe you can let us know how your installation was?
Or are you still under the shower? Smile
Atomo64
I'm having a lot of problems with the server 2 too, ... but I found how to make it work ... I know it isn't here, but they have a three clicks install Wink
venc
yeah, so, whats joomla?
Scorpio
venc wrote:
yeah, so, whats joomla?

Joomla is a CMS

To know what a CMS or Joomla is, search for it in google
Dj_honorio
I'm trying to install it right now... tho i have a problem...erm:

Session save path: /tmp, Unwriteable

Can anyone tell me where is this directory? i can't find it...i know i need to change the permissons to 777... and i would do it if i could find it... can anyone help? please?
Hobbit
Umm, try chmoding that folder to 777, I'm sure it's in the read me.
Dj_honorio
thanks, but i wasn't able to find that folder yet... i coudn't find info about it anywhere...

Here's a screen shot of what my install appears like:

http://www.geocities.com/honorio_sigs/Problem.JPG

can't change that red unwritable to writable... cause i dunno where that folder is..
selim06
Dj_honorio wrote:
thanks, but i wasn't able to find that folder yet... i coudn't find info about it anywhere...

Here's a screen shot of what my install appears like:

http://www.geocities.com/honorio_sigs/Problem.JPG

can't change that red unwritable to writable... cause i dunno where that folder is..

it's called as templates so change the permissions now Cool (I may be wrong)
Dj_honorio
I went to the joomla forum.. and i found someone with the same problem...

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,73197.0.html

They say i may need to ask my hoster to change the permissons for me... is that so?
selim06
Dj_honorio wrote:
I went to the joomla forum.. and i found someone with the same problem...

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,73197.0.html

They say i may need to ask my hoster to change the permissons for me... is that so?

Dear honorio I've just found a solution for you..
Open
joomla> installations > index.php
Find:
Code:
<?php echo (($sp=ini_get('session.save_path'))?$sp:'/tmp'); ?>
<?php echo is_writable( $sp ) ? '<b><font color="green">Writable</font></b>' : '<b><font color="red">Unwritable</font></b>';?>

And replace it with this code:
Code:

<?php ini_set('session.save_path','../tmp'); ?></b>,
<b><?php echo (($sp=ini_get('session.save_path'))?$sp:'Not set'); ?></b>,
<?php echo is_writable( $sp ) ? '<b><font color="green">Writeable</font></b>' : '<b><font color="red">Unwriteable</font></b>';?>

After that create a folder which is called as "tmp" and set permissions to(CHMOD) 777 I hope so that It will fix everything.Good Luck!
Dj_honorio
Gosh dude i dunno what to say! thanks you! i can go on with the installation process now... I would have never been able to get thru that if it wasn't you! lool thanks!

I would offer you some frih$.. but you have so many.. you want more?
selim06
Dj_honorio wrote:
Gosh dude i dunno what to say! thanks you! i can go on with the installation process now... I would have never been able to get thru that if it wasn't you! lool thanks!

I would offer you some frih$.. but you have so many.. you want more?

No,thanks there is no need to pay something for it Very Happy
JayBee
You can add .htaccess to your joomla directory.

In the .htaccess should be something like this
Code:
php_value session.save_path  /home/YourUserName/domains/YourDomainName/public_html/WhereYouHaveJoomla/session

then create the session dir in this place and chmod it to 777

it works well
Diebels
parokya wrote:
I have just installed the most recent stable version of Joomla in my site at http://mgcp.frih.net but it won't correctly install. Has anyone succeeded in doing it in their server? I'd like to know so that I can ask how they did it. thanks.

Hi, if you still have problems to get your joomla installation to run correctly you can try this free tool from http://www.joomlaplug.com/Tools/JoomlaStart/Download_JoomlaStart.html

good luck
Panthrowzay
if you get a proper tar.gz file it runs out the box, but i highly recomend e107, its my sites CMS engine, and it is less of a hassle ive used alot of CMSs,
xray
Joomla is the best CMS.easy and fast installing.easy creating with clever codes.i succeed the install my Joomla site on frihost...i am getting love the frihost..thank you FRIHOST Applause
first step -> put all Joomla files on FTP.
-> create a database on cpanel
-> go to URL ( http://www.yoursite.com/install )
-> install the Joomla site
-> and manage your Joomla website on Frihost.
thats it!!
r_y_e_20
I have installed joomla many times in frih.net and they work together very fine. A combination of free hosting and free software-website which results to earning with less expenses. Thanks again to frihost, cheers!
vicarious
I hope that you finally succeeded in getting your site up and going. I see that someone suggested that you get someone to install joomla for you in the marketplace. That may seem like a good idea, and I do not really disagree, but I would like to tell you of my experience.

I once got an idea for a website, and somehow found myself at frihost. I read a little on the forums, did some posting to get my account, and then stalled. I was used to blogger and geocities, simple tools, with limited capability. With 250 MB and no preinstalled wysiwyg tools, I was at a loss of what to do.

I went to cms matrix.org to get an idea of how to make content management a little easier, because I do not even have html experience. After scratching my head more than a few times, I decided on typo3, then after a little reading, decided to use drupal, then with a few more clicks, I decided on Joomla. I really had (and still may) no idea of what I was doing.

I tried to install Joomla 3 times, and then gave up. I posted in the marketplace for help installing typo3, but got no reponse. I was still checking Joomla out, and liking what I was finding online about it, I did the same for it.(posting in the marketplace for install) There were several posts in the forum offering Joomla installs for frih$. I requested from one and asked advice from another, neither replied.

In the meantime, I gave up on giving up, and tried one last time to instal Joomla myself. I went really slow, googled everything, and read several articles on each subject before proceding, By the time I was done, I not only had Joomla installed, but I had written a site plan, decided on the appropriate components and modules and worked out a proper linking and action scheme, as well as an seo and afilliate marketing strategy.

I cannot yet say whether I am better off with the site I have over one installed by one of the marketplace helpers, but I can say one thing, I have asked myself questions in the last week or so that I never would have even thought of before, and it has led to solutions that have helped me on to the path of a site that I really want, and not a default install with no guidance, which is what I probably would have gotten for my frih$.

There is no doubt that I would have learned this info sooner or later, and probably modified my site. But, if you go to my site right now, you will see the default "To change this page, upload your website into the public_html directory" DirectAdmin page, not because my site install has failed, but that I am creating a site that people will want to see, and come back to, before I go live.

In the SEO threads, I read the advice to have 100 pages of content before you go live, and I have chosen to follow that advice, and in the meantime, my site is building offline into the mobile and remote computing information portal that I KNEW I would never be able to do myself, but now am.

Be patient, read your faqs and docs, and don't give up. The problems you have today, if you solve them yourself, will open up new opportunities and help you with administration for as long as you run your site.
the-geek
parokya wrote:

Have you got it working now? i've used subdreamer, mk portal, e107, Joomla on my site(now i dont use anymore) without any problem. i made my databases and user with pass and chmod all the needed DIR/FOLDER/FILES which is needed to write by the installer file. you did the same?> if yes but still it doesnt work then look for Bondings he can help you
chrismen
I am having the same exact porblem as the initial poster but I am running the newest version of Joomla (1.0.10). I have tried everything on this page but nothing seems to work. I have looked everywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Is it worth installing an older version so I am able to use the php code that was posted?

EDIT2: Well I went ahead and installed joomla anyways and it seems like there are no problems.
Diebels
chrismen wrote:
I am having the same exact porblem as the initial poster but I am running the newest version of Joomla (1.0.10). I have tried everything on this page but nothing seems to work. I have looked everywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Is it worth installing an older version so I am able to use the php code that was posted?

EDIT2: Well I went ahead and installed joomla anyways and it seems like there are no problems.

I´ve joomla running on frihost for over a year now... Never experienced any problems with it.
pansophia
I'm surprised no one has brought up Joomla's current claim to fame in this thread: CT Senator Lieberman accused supporters of his challenger Lamont of hacking his Joomla site:

http://rotophonic.com/2006/08/08/top-five-things-that-brought-down-liebermans-web-server/

This whole thing was hilarious, and it gets funnier with each new article.
chonghua
has anyone got no errors on installing this files?

Smile thanks